Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Full statement here: http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/11/05/patrick-kane-case-over/75203792/

"The totality of the credible evidence – the proof – does not sufficiently substantiate the complainant’s allegation that she was raped by Patrick Kane and this so-called 'case' is rife with reasonable doubt..."

Maybe this is how Sedita always talks, I have no idea, but that language right there certainly strikes me as a judgment on the credibility of the claim beyond the lack of evidence.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

He's a 26 yr old pro athlete millionaire who brought a girl home from a bar? That happens in every US city every weekend. What exactly are you talking about? 

Patty I'm not going to get in a debate with you about Pats choices but its clear after the cup win that he layed down the gauntlet when he basically said publicly that he was going to get inebriated . This guy is becoming known for making poor choices. He needs to protect himself from doing that.  

Zees thread, ees done. No?

I mean. Unless the accuser brings on a civil suit. Which I guess is possible. But that'd call for a re-naming of the thread, I suppose. (Is this my thread? Can I do that?)

And agreed that the D.A. came on stronger than I would have expected.

I wonder if and when that more detailed confidential letter from the D.A. to the Hamburg P.D. can be FOIA'd?

TrueBlueGED, on 05 Nov 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Full statement here: http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/11/05/patrick-kane-case-over/75203792/

Maybe this is how Sedita always talks, I have no idea, but that language right there certainly strikes me as a judgment on the credibility of the claim beyond the lack of evidence.

The language is clearly intentional.  If I were to guess, I would say he chose to say it this way to help shape the public discussion - ie. to, in a way, help Kane with the reputation problem this has brought on.

Zees thread, ees done. No?

I mean. Unless the accuser brings on a civil suit. Which I guess is possible. But that'd call for a re-naming of the thread, I suppose. (Is this my thread? Can I do that?)

And agreed that the D.A. came on stronger than I would have expected.

I wonder if and when that more detailed confidential letter from the D.A. to the Hamburg P.D. can be FOIA'd?

If it's your thread you have the ability to close it. 

I would motion for that, since clearly this is no longer an investigation. 

And I still can't remember how to edit thread titles. Little help? I'd like to change it before I close it.

I remembered how to do it.

We're done here. Investigation closed. Case closed.

• 4 months later...

The NHL released a statement on its internal resolution of this matter.

“Based on its review, including the determination made by the Erie County District Attorney not to pursue charges, the NHL has concluded that the allegations made against Kane were unfounded,” the NHL announced. “The league considers the matter closed and will have no further comment.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/2567873/nhl-concludes-rape-allegation-unfounded-against-patrick-kane/?sf22264061=1

He has a long way to go to mend his relationship with the Buffalo people, Sadly for him this will never blow over, he will always be labeled with the rape tag.

His bad rep and antics before this case also didn't help things.   

But hopefully in time this will fade and people can come respect the player that he is again.

• 2 weeks later...

He has a long way to go to mend his relationship with the Buffalo people, Sadly for him this will never blow over, he will always be labeled with the rape tag.

His bad rep and antics before this case also didn't help things.   

But hopefully in time this will fade and people can come respect the player that he is again.

I love this exchange from the article:

Not anymore. The summer’s travails, the way the city divided on him, that howling crowd at First Niagara Center all served to lend Kane a bit of clarity. “It just seems like it’s kind of 50-50—and it always has been—whether people like me in Buffalo or they hate me,” he said to his dad last month.

“That’s what they said about Gretzky in his hometown,” Tiki said in response. The message: Greatness spawns resentment.

What?!?  Am I the last to know that 50% of Brantford, Ontario hates Wayne Gretzky?!?  I've never really heard of anybody hating him, much less in his own hometown.

Tiki - maybe being a dbag spawns resentment - not greatness.

You might be able to compare Kane and Gretzky on the ice, but off the ice, there is no comparison. 

The same could be said of Tiki Kane and Walter Gretzky.

• 5 years later...
6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The avatar really, really through me off lol

Edit: Wait, you actually are NS?

Doohickie changed to The Ghost of Yuri

I changed to The Ghost of Doohickie

Andrew Amerk changed to The Ghost of NS

We are seeing if we can through off as many as possible.  It seems that you are the only Charlie, so far, Charlie.

We hope to add a little spice to the site and maybe it becomes a fun trend and we will lose track of everybody.

You should change your user name to The Ghost of Andrew Amerk.

39 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Doohickie changed to The Ghost of Yuri

I changed to The Ghost of Doohickie

Andrew Amerk changed to The Ghost of NS

We are seeing if we can through off as many as possible.  It seems that you are the only Charlie, so far, Charlie.

We hope to add a little spice to the site and maybe it becomes a fun trend and we will lose track of everybody.

You should change your user name to The Ghost of Andrew Amerk.

For those of us who mainly lurk, this is confusing.  At least now I know why some posters got smarter in the afterlife . . . j/k, you're all pretty sound of mind. If I changed to the ghost of somebody else, I'm not sure I'd remember who I am. Thanks for this crib sheet. I'm writing it down so I know who is actually speaking.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

For those of us who mainly lurk, this is confusing.  At least now I know why some posters got smarter in the afterlife . . . j/k, you're all pretty sound of mind. If I changed to the ghost of somebody else, I'm not sure I'd remember who I am. Thanks for this crib sheet. I'm writing it down so I know who is actually speaking.

Sorry, for the confusion.  Certainly not the intent.  We can all go back to who we were in 6 months and by then everyone will be used to the 'new' us and be confused when we go back, although nothing else has changed and we all are at least 10 year veterans of SabreSpace.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.