Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Might be own-thread worthy, but maybe not yet given the absence of details or charges: Pat Kane being investigated by the Hamburg police for ... something.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/08/06/nhl-star-patrick-kane-is-subject-of-police-probe-sources-say/

Edited by That Aud Smell

Either that or drugs. Can't imagine what else it would be.

A murder would have been released I think, and even drugs couldn't end his career. So either Hoss is exagerating or I think he went full Cosby

Or maybe a DUI Vehicular manslaughter. On second thought I'll guess that, considering he has a gf

Jeebus. Is that what's going on? I heard something, but I'm not telling? Rubbish, if so.

He's really not doing anything that the Buffalo News and local stations are already doing, reporting that something is being investigated but nothing released yet.

It's no big secret who Hoss works for and who he gets his info from so it would be career suicide for him to release what he heard.

A few years ago I said I wouldn't want Kane in Buffalo because I was told he'd be an unmitigated disaster off the ice. I recently took that back because I just wanted good hockey, but if this is as bad as Hoss makes it sound, I take back the take back!

Speaking of Hoss, I don't get the angst over him not coming out with more details, especially if it's still fuzzy. It's certainly not the first time somebody here has claimed some foggy level of onside info on a topic and taken awhile to come totally clean for a variety (generally justifiable) reasons.

It's certainly not the first time somebody here has claimed some foggy level of onside info on a topic and taken awhile to come totally clean for a variety (generally justifiable) reasons.

That's why you create a fake user name and let loose with it. :D

I'm still waiting for the day that Wilbur breaks the news about a massive squirrel-driven conspiracy.

A few years ago I said I wouldn't want Kane in Buffalo because I was told he'd be an unmitigated disaster off the ice. I recently took that back because I just wanted good hockey, but if this is as bad as Hoss makes it sound, I take back the take back!

Speaking of Hoss, I don't get the angst over him not coming out with more details, especially if it's still fuzzy. It's certainly not the first time somebody here has claimed some foggy level of onside info on a topic and taken awhile to come totally clean for a variety (generally justifiable) reasons.

On Kane, no big surprise. His Dad was the biggest ass I ever dealt with in business. Maybe second biggest.

On Hoss, exactly. Its no different  then me talking about the Sabre exec that screamed that Babcock was a liar and ordering the channel changed during his press conference. There were probably four employees in there and no customers within earshot. If I gave details I jeopardize those employees.  You can choose to believe me or not, I am ok with that. If we don't want uncorroborated rumors on this board, I am ok with that as well.

He's really not doing anything that the Buffalo News and local stations are already doing, reporting that something is being investigated but nothing released yet.

It's no big secret who Hoss works for and who he gets his info from so it would be career suicide for him to release what he heard.

I didn't know it was his profession. Don't commit career suicide, Hoss. Just post as Moss. :)

Not unfair.

The way it was phrased, it was made to sound that the same information he had would be forthcoming, and that he just wasn't sharing it. Since we've been told many (MANY) times that he's not on this board as a member of the media, I'm not sure what the reason would be for withholding what was heard.

On Hoss, exactly. Its no different  then me talking about the Sabre exec that screamed that Babcock was a liar and ordering the channel changed during his press conference. There were probably four employees in there and no customers within earshot. If I gave details I jeopardize those employees.  You can choose to believe me or not, I am ok with that. If we don't want uncorroborated rumors on this board, I am ok with that as well.

Not disclosing or imperiling a source is one thing. Just not telling a rumor that you heard (but tipping that you did hear it) is a horse of a different colour.

On Kane, no big surprise. His Dad was the biggest ass I ever dealt with in business. Maybe second biggest.

Not a good guy.

Now Ch 7 is reporting that it is an incident between Kane and a woman that began at a bar in Evans.

Sure.  And I've reported over and over that Regier did not stand up to Quinn when Ruff wanted the team to keep Drury and Briere.  I'm not jeopardizing the job of the guy--in hockey operations--who told me that, either.  I have no problem w/ Hoss walking the line here.  Actually, I'm surprised he's gone this far.

Sure.  And I've reported over and over that Regier did not stand up to Quinn when Ruff wanted the team to keep Drury and Briere.  I'm not jeopardizing the job of the guy--in hockey operations--who told me that, either.  I have no problem w/ Hoss walking the line here.  Actually, I'm surprised he's gone this far.

Right - you're not jeopardizing that guy's position. I'm not clear on how someone working in media would compromise anything or anyone by relating the substance of an unsourced rumour that was (quite clearly) about to leak?

Or, wait. Wait. Is it the fact that media outlets have a proprietary interest in managing the information, and hopefully breaking it?  :oops:

I think some prior issues I've had with Hoss coloured my take on this item. Sorry about that.

Right - you're not jeopardizing that guy's position. I'm not clear on how someone working in media would compromise anything or anyone by relating the substance of an unsourced rumour that was (quite clearly) about to leak?

Or, wait. Wait. Is it the fact that media outlets have a proprietary interest in managing the information, and hopefully breaking it? :oops:

I think some prior issues I've had with Hoss coloured my take on this item. Sorry about that.

It's okay. I said as much as I felt comfortable (which was purely the information I myself gathered. I would not relay info other coworkers or peers gathered before they were able to release it themselves).

It's all coming out piece by piece. You have to wonder if people will start removing surveillance cameras from their own homes after this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.