Sign in to follow this  
darksabre

Sabrespace Rod and Gun Club

9 hours ago, hsif said:

I'm jealous......... of not just this, but particularly this...... bears, mushrooms, waterfowl, walleyes..... dude, you got the world by the short ones and the world don't know it yet.

We drove around and walked around from 7am to 5pm and didn't see a grouse today. It's not always limits of fish and birds but I do love where I live.

Edited by Ducky

On 9/21/2018 at 7:19 AM, hsif said:

I've been kicking around Moose hunting next fall...... maybe in Newfoundland......  My Daughter wants to go on a hunt for something I'd never chased before, and I just can't afford an Alaska or Yukon moose hunt, so Newfoundland is an option. 

In general, where are you hunting? 

A friend of mine from Kentucky that moved to the Yukon via Winnipeg has invited me moose hunting for the 2021 fall season. He said all I have to bring is my clothes and gun. He has his Canadian citizenship and is allowed to do this once in a lifetime as a Canadian citizen of the Yukon and I feel honored that he asked me.

This is a trip I didn't ever think I could afford but seeing as he is actuallly my guide, the cost will be minimal. I have enough VISA point that the taxes are under $150.00 for the flight. The biggest expense will getting the de-boned meat home. He got a moose on the 2nd day last fall that measured 49 inches and the year before on the first morning he got a 58 incher! We'll be floating a river in a 14 foot jon boat.

The only concern I have is grizzlies but I'm going for it.

I'm very jealous..........I've backpack hunted in NW Montana, in grizzly country without incident. We've seen a few grizzlies while hunting and tracks many times, but the bears in NW Montana are no where near the density of where you're headed. The most unnerving feeling is lying in the tent and hearing animals outside the tent. If you're hearing the "thump - thump" of hooved animals that's one thing. If all your hearing is sticks/branches breaking, that's another..... makes it tough for me to sleep. Sounds like your friend has it down though, and you'll be in good hands. It might be worth exploring the hi-voltage electric fence thing. I'm excited to see your pictures........