Sabrespace Rod and Gun Club

darksabre

32 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Erie

Nice fish.

I haven’t fished an Erie trib in years.  Ontario is more convenient to me now. 

The nice thing about Erie tribs is they don’t get the crazy salmon crowds that the Ontario tribs get right now.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

Nice fish.

I haven’t fished an Erie trib in years.  Ontario is more convenient to me now. 

The nice thing about Erie tribs is they don’t get the crazy salmon crowds that the Ontario tribs get right now.

Thanks. 

Agreed, and that's one of the reasons I have a tendency to avoid Ontario tribs.  We did Salmon River a few years ago and I'll never go back.

3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Thanks. 

Agreed, and that's one of the reasons I have a tendency to avoid Ontario tribs.  We did Salmon River a few years ago and I'll never go back.

Fall salmon fishing is fun.  Big, big fish on relatively light tackle.  The crowds can make it tough sometimes.

4 hours ago, hsif said:

I recognize that gravel bar............

nice rod.

Haha, that would be impressive if you do but I think it's possible I might as well if someone posted a pic from it.  Might need to be a bit more discreet from now on.

Thanks, tied by a certain person on Rt. 5 in the Hamburg area.  Think the guides are too small especially the tip top.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst season for ducks and geese on well over twenty years but I finally got into some northern mallards the other day. Managed some Lesser Scaup, Buffleheads, Redheads and Canvasbacks along with the 4 geese and 13 mallards. Best shoot of the year. Braving the freezing temps this Thursday for my last hunt of the season.

tmp_11374-20181101_1852053709923019610332288.jpg

tmp_11374-20181101_2043337212649242517243989.jpg

tmp_11374-20181102_1704312208122551108755640.jpg

Edited by Ducky

• 2 months later...

Hiked a little in Letchworth yesterday......... We have been hiking on the East side of the park, and in about 15 miles over 2 trips, we have yet to run into another person. Yesterday, we hiked on the West side....... which has beautiful views, but way more people. 

LetchworthWinter1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, hsif said:

Hiked a little in Letchworth yesterday......... We have been hiking on the East side of the park, and in about 15 miles over 2 trips, we have yet to run into another person. Yesterday, we hiked on the West side....... which has beautiful views, but way more people. 

LetchworthWinter1.jpg

I hunt the southeast/eastern corridor of Letchworth. My step brother and I have been at the top of the permit list for 3 yrs now. I'm 49, it took us 13 yrs to get there once we did get approved for the permits. In that time, he's taken out 8 bucks, 5 for me. He has a 14 pointer, real nice, my biggest was a small 11.  We shoot no doe and nothing under 8. We meet the same guys there year after year. It's really an honor to hunt there, also, one hell of a tricky hunt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was gifted a venison back strap and round roast.  My intent this AM was to prep it to make venison bourguignon, and then it occurred to me, venison has alot in common with lamb, flavor-wise.  Not earth shattering news, I know, but it never occurred to me to substitute venison in traditional lamb dishes.

So, dinner tonight is now Indian food.  Venison vindaloo.

• Like (+1) 4

On 1/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Weave said:

Was gifted a venison back strap and round roast.  My intent this AM was to prep it to make venison bourguignon, and then it occurred to me, venison has alot in common with lamb, flavor-wise.  Not earth shattering news, I know, but it never occurred to me to substitute venison in traditional lamb dishes.

So, dinner tonight is now Indian food.  Venison vindaloo.

It makes great souvlaki as well.  

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ducky said:

They're hammering BIG walleyes on Lake Winnipeg right now... a few 35 inchers and lots over 30".

54 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

man could go for some walleye fillets right about now!

My freezer is out of walleyes.  Good thing the Fall perch bite was pretty solid this season.

19 minutes ago, Weave said:

My freezer is out of walleyes.  Good thing the Fall perch bite was pretty solid this season.

Hoping to hit hard water for some for the first time (last time?) this weekend but the forecast may be a problem.  

On 3/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, Weave said:

Perch Parm tonight! ............. If you've never had it....... It is excellent. Made the sauce last night.

• 1 month later...

That's a big print.  Dew claw impressions mean very soft soil or a very heavy deer.

I'm putting the kayak on a local lake tomorrow AM.  Had the kayak out once earlier this Spring on a Lake Ontario tributary for steelhead when we had a warm spell and the creek was warm(ish).  The lake is probably going to be a bit colder than I'd like but I am dying to set the hook on something.  It's walleye opening weekend, I'd like to put some fillets in the freezer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.