Sabres Development Camp

Hoss

All of the RWs. Need to clear space to bring Stafford back as a positive veteran influence for the Cup run after his 2 year contract expires.

Oh Eleven would be so proud I think. :sick:  :P  :censored:  :death:  :devil:  :oops:

Idk if anyone listened to the Reinhart interview but it was clear to me that he recognized the value and importance of skating.  He specifically mentioned how important this aspect was in the playoffs.  Another interesting take away is that it sounded like Reinhart did more working out in season which judging from his responses impacting his overall game.

"I would have to take some of my game away because of off the ice... I wanted to be 100% every day when I went on the ice but to be able to get in the gym and to be where I was at at the end of the year on and off the ice I think was essential to me." "I had taken some away from my game on ice throughout the year, but I was preparing for another chance professionally." - Sam Reinhart 

Whoops.

I hope you didn't feel unwelcome by comments as it seems someone else was. That was certainly not the intent. But when I saw you're profile with the perfect alignment of Dom! It was kind of cool.

Just doing his part to make the board more accessible to newcomers.

Chill

What?

See above

I hope you didn't feel unwelcome by comments as it seems someone else was. That was certainly not the intent. But when I saw you're profile with the perfect alignment of Dom! It was kind of cool.

I thought it was hilarious.  And the trick to keeping the post count would be to delete an old post each time he makes a new one.  That way, he could be stuck at 39 forever.  I don't know if it works with the software here, but I remember one person doing it at another board to forever stay at 6969 posts.

Not at all! 

I thought it was hilarious.  And the trick to keeping the post count would be to delete an old post each time he makes a new one.  That way, he could be stuck at 39 forever.  I don't know if it works with the software here, but I remember one person doing it at another board to forever stay at 6969 posts.

Hmm. I may need to look into that...

Oh man, sorry, I totally missed that connection. It looked like you were calling him out for calling himself the Dominator or something weird. My bad.

I will gladly quote any post you make just to preserve it if you do want to go this route.  I think it would be hilarious.

I went through and deleted a few posts but the count keeps going up unfortunately. Oh well. Back on topic, does anyone know how today's practice will differ from yesterday's since they are labelled slightly differently?

I will be heading down the the Arena for today's practice. Very excited to get my first glimpse at Eichel. I was at the rookie scrimmage last year, and will be paying particular attention to Reinhart, and how much he has improved. 

I'm nearly as excited about Samson as Jack. So much focus is off him now, I think he can blossom.

I'm nearly as excited about Samson as Jack. So much focus is off him now, I think he can blossom.

Completely agree with this. I think these two are going to compliment each other so well. It's going to be so much fun watching these two young men grow. 

Completely agree with this. I think these two are going to compliment each other so well. It's going to be so much fun watching these two young men grow.

Agreed. I think his interview showed how much he's matured since last year (lol I just want to make the team last year versus I will do whatever I can to make the team better this year). With Eichel on board he knows he's on the brink of something awesome, and that he has a role to play. I thought it was great that he said he'd play D if that's what the team needed of him.

Eichel's interview is pretty funny too- he says he needs to put on weight and improve his strength. He's already a fireplug. I like that he's always looking to improve, but geez he already looks like the Hulk.

If anyone goes and can specifically discuss Samson's skating in terms of speed, agility, edge-work and so forth, I would greatly appreciate it. 

I'll be there for the game on Friday.  I'll summarize my observations on him and others afterwards.

Does anyone have any idea what "on-ice testing" means? Thursday is the only day I can get there and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.

It's multiple choice, scantron, must use a #2 pencil only.

hate to bring this up, I know it's over and done with, but Connor McDavid scored 5 goals the other day in a scrimmage.    Watching the highlights, I couldn't help but feel jealous and a bit angry.   He's so quick with the puck and explosive.   While I'm thrilled Buffalo has Eichel, the comparisons between the two will never ever go away.

We clinched Eichel on the second to last day of the season.   If there were a few more games left, changes are we wouldn't have him, so we shouldn't complain, but I will anyway.

hate to bring this up, I know it's over and done with, but Connor McDavid scored 5 goals the other day in a scrimmage.    Watching the highlights, I couldn't help but feel jealous and a bit angry.   He's so quick with the puck and explosive.   While I'm thrilled Buffalo has Eichel, the comparisons between the two will never ever go away.

We clinched Eichel on the second to last day of the season.   If there were a few more games left, changes are we wouldn't have him, so we shouldn't complain, but I will anyway.

Just pin your hopes to the thought of both of them ending up like their heroes/role models. McDavid can be like Crosby and be the best player in the game and Eichel can be like Toews and lead his team to a dynasty of multiple cup victories. Crosby may be the better player in a vacuum but I'd rather has Toews based on their careers so far.

The one thing you should notice about that video is McDavid never once has a body on him. Wait til a smooth skating 210lb defender is leaning on him. 

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=831857

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.