2015 Pre-Draft Press Conference

Derrico

Wrong movie.

Meh, it was ok when I was a teen. The only scenes I find funny now are the soldier correcting the Latin graffiti and the argument about various people's fronts.  Meaning of Life was just stupid, as were most sketches on the TV show.  Holy Grail was funny, again, when I was a teen.  Now, there's not a thing in that movie that I can even snicker at.  Not even the anarcho-syndacalistic commune whatever bit.

Nobody is to stone Eleven until I blow this whistle. 

Nobody is to stone Eleven until I blow this whistle. 

You and the Romans X, you've never given us anything!

Fun fact about the Biggus Dickus scene: Monty Python told the Roman soldier actors nothing about the scene, other than they wouldn't get paid if they started to laugh at any point. Hence why the guy is trying so hard to keep a straight face.

So back to the press conference.  Murray seems to have a general plan but a lot of fluid moving parts within that plan.  I actually think he likes Grigorenko but is trying to push him.  DR really screwed the pooch.  The two biggest issues this summer are Mikhail and Hodgson both because of DR mismanaging assets.  As to the GT thing, it sounds like Murray could take 1 at #21 but I don't think he is specifically aiming to take one.  His comment on reading the draft was also very interesting.

I listened to the presser last night.  My impressions:

- TM is pretty annoyed with Griggy and/or his agent.  It sounds like TM doesn't think Griggy has earned a 1-way contract and is put off by their demanding one.  I don't expect TM to just dump Griggy or expose him to waivers, but I will not be at all surprised if he is traded this summer. 

- Of course, none of the WNY media was sharp enough to ask GMTM if he would risk exposing Griggy to waivers, but that's another discussion.

- TM is open to a number of different options for bringing in a goalie.

- TM's approach to the draft is "best player available," not to draft by position.  He also believes in drafting a goalie every year because that position is more of a crapshoot than any other.

- I didn't get the impression that TM has decided to be less blunt/candid in his public remarks.

- Harrington continues to behave like a tantrum-throwing bozo at these pressers. 

it's 26mins long though. That's a damn good presser.

Also Paul was bitching that the presser wasn't long enough and they give WGR better availability for Murray. At that point the PR guy for the Sabres said they would get into that later.

Paul? As in Hamilton? Why would he complain about WGR's access? It was absolutely Harrington who was complaining. The Sabres PR guy even said "we'll talk about that after, Mike."

Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Sir Eichel: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I am not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your name?

Sir Eichel: My name is Sir Eichel of Buffalot.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your quest?

Sir Eichel: To seek the Stanley Cup.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your favourite colour?

Sir Eichel: Blue.

Bridgekeeper: Go on. Off you go.

Sir Eichel: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

Sir Hodgson: That's easy.

Bridgekeeper: Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

Sir Hodgson: Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I'm not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your name?

Sir Hodgson: Sir Hodgson of Buffalot.

Sir Hodgson: To seek the Stanley Cup.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the capital of Assyria?

[pause]

Sir Hodgson: I don't know that.

[he is thrown over the edge into the volcano]

Sir Hodgson: Auuuuuuuugh.

Bridgekeeper: Stop. What... is your name?

Kaleta: Sir Kaleta of Buffalot.

Kaleta: I seek the Cup.

Bridgekeeper: What... is your favourite colour?

Kaleta: Blue. No, yel...

[he is also thrown over the edge]

Kaleta: auuuuuuuugh.

Bridgekeeper: Hee hee heh. Stop. What... is your name?

King Zemgus: It is 'Zemgus', King of the Buffalonians.

King Zemgus: To seek the Stanley Cup.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

King Zemgus: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that.

[he is thrown over]

Bridgekeeper: Auuuuuuuugh.

Sir Zaderov: How do know so much about swallows?

King Zemgus: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

I listened to the presser last night.  My impressions:

- TM is pretty annoyed with Griggy and/or his agent.  It sounds like TM doesn't think Griggy has earned a 1-way contract and is put off by their demanding one.  I don't expect TM to just dump Griggy or expose him to waivers, but I will not be at all surprised if he is traded this summer. 

- Of course, none of the WNY media was sharp enough to ask GMTM if he would risk exposing Griggy to waivers, but that's another discussion.

- TM is open to a number of different options for bringing in a goalie.

- TM's approach to the draft is "best player available," not to draft by position.  He also believes in drafting a goalie every year because that position is more of a crapshoot than any other.

- I didn't get the impression that TM has decided to be less blunt/candid in his public remarks.

- Harrington continues to behave like a tantrum-throwing bozo at these pressers. 

I'm going to listen today or tonight.  I like the idea of drafting a goalie every year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.