Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Was thinking lately about Eichel's comment about players not putting in effort, not working out as they should.

You know the first two that came in my mind, Samson ( not doing the O'reilly practice), and kane not even bothering to warm up before a game.

They are also the two players he knows best I think.

Kane talked about his warm-up and off-ice habits not being typical after the last game and again at locker room clean-up.

Jack said something like "but he led the team in goals so what can you say?"

You know he was talking about Kane.

Reinhart is our most expendable piece I think. ROR and Eichel will be our two centres going forward, which makes him the awkward Gooseberry. Kane was practically the only player to score 5 on 5, our weakest area - but I could see him being gone as well due to his weird comments about warming up. However, in conjunction with the need for the coaches to have a players-focus, maybe DD was trying to force systems on players that they didn't think helped them.

Sam for Hanifin makes a lot of sense to me. I'm very intrigued.

Although I will add: my willingness to move Sam would plummet if Okposo is out longterm with something serious. I'm not operating under that assumption because it's all pure speculation right now. But something to consider if I'm GMTM.

I think Carolina would be wild to move Hanifin for Duchene. They'd only be getting his age 26/27 and 27/28 years for $6M a piece before he hits UFA. Reinhart actually outproduced Duchene last year. Granted Coloroda was baaaaaad, but I think there are several teams that would offer younger, more cost-controlled and term-controlled players. And that's IF the Canes even look to move him at all.

Reinhart is our most expendable piece I think. ROR and Eichel will be our two centres going forward, which makes him the awkward Gooseberry. Kane was practically the only player to score 5 on 5, our weakest area - but I could see him being gone as well due to his weird comments about warming up. However, in conjunction with the need for the coaches to have a players-focus, maybe DD was trying to force systems on players that they didn't think helped them.

I agree with the Reinhart expendability.  Sell now with all you mentioned coupled with the prestige of the #2 overall pick ringing in GM's ears.

Was thinking lately about Eichel's comment about players not putting in effort, not working out as they should.

You know the first two that came in my mind, Samson ( not doing the O'reilly practice), and kane not even bothering to warm up before a game.

They are also the two players he knows best I think.

But Kane produces....Reinhart does not

Whom had more points? The hatred for a 50 points 20/21 year old on this board is comical.

Agreed. I'm very encouraged by his improvement from 19 to 30 assists this season. I never expected him to be a 30 goal guy. Our hope should be he continues to improve, becomes more professional and takes the next step to being 25g 45a player over the next few years.

Whom had more points? The hatred for a 50 points 20/21 year old on this board is comical.

I tend to agree. Reinhart is doing well. Any conversation about him underperforming necessarily has to start out with "Relative to his draft position". But even then, due to the fact that it wasn't seen as the strongest draft, and because where a player was drafted in reality has no tangible bearing on a player once the draft is past, even those concerns are things I don't care to put much stock in. We haven't even seen him consistently in his ideal position, yet.

I tend to agree. Reinhart is doing well. Any conversation about him underperforming necessarily has to start out with "Relative to his draft position". But even then, due to the fact that it wasn't seen as the strongest draft, and because where a player was drafted in reality has no tangible bearing on a player once the draft is past, even those concerns are things I don't care to put much stock in. We haven't even seen him consistently in his ideal position, yet.

Which is why ROR needs to become Jack's winger. Samson can get Kane and Okposo. Would be good to see for 15-20 games.

The only reason to move Sam would be to get something really good in return. You need to give up something good to get something good. Your not going to trade no-go and get a good young defencemen. I don't think anyone is saying to trade Sam just to make a trade, it's a move to trade from a strength to help fill a weakness

Which is why ROR needs to become Jack's winger. Samson can get Kane and Okposo. Would be good to see for 15-20 games.

That would be fun, a long as Kane can be convinced to pass to Reinhart. It seems like he's finally learning to use teammates at times.

Author suggests Hannifan for Willie Nylander, points to Nylander disconnect with Babcock and apparent deadline rumors as the link, as well as the obvious team needs involved

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/hurricanes/trading-noah-hanifin-finding-right-return/

Damien Cox and quite a few Toronto Fans felt that Nylander was too high of a price for Drew Dougherty, from Toronto's End. Wait until they get a hold of this.

Haydn Fleury... Carolina needs forward help. They are specifically in need of some help on the RW. I am curious to know if anyone feels there is a way to pry the 6'3" LHD away from them in some sort of package deal for some RW help? Thoughts?

I thought we needed RHD?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.