[Game Day] Sabres @ Leafs 7:00PM

SabresBeat

well, i just hope that they come out and prove golisano wrong for firing regier today. That totally bites, but i'm looking for a 2-1 sabres victory tonight.

It was a lame the 1st time you posted this,,even worse now <_< <_<

3-0 already!!?!

jesus effing christ...can we just take the 90-some points and just end the season now...before these guys' fragile psyche is ruined for good.

make that 4-0. i am going to watch george mason. you guys enjoy.

What a tease...I really thought Buffalo finally had a team that wasn't a fraud. Yes, good teams have slumps. Yes, good teams play poorly at times. Yes, the Sabres have injuries.

But guys, Cup contenders don't go for 1/8 of a season looking as if it would take a miracle for them to get through a game without giving up at least 3 goals. And for the last 10 games, that's how they've looked.

The next person who says it's good the Sabres are getting this slump out of their system before the playoffs... I am going to turn your g-damn lights out, however you do that over the Internet. This is a crisis now, and I don't think I'm being melodramatic.

Lindy is coaching out of fear now -- saying before the game he wondered how much strength the Sabres would have in their legs. Giving his players an out is terrible.

Nightmare time. Someone wake me up.

this is going to be a hell of a 4 day weekend in toronto for the boys... i won't be too worried if we wake up on monday.

Gotta love that NHL officiating. The Sabres deserve no excuses for this patheticness, but just like the Sabres, the NHL teased us early in the year into thinking the league wasn't a joke...Has this team gotten one favorable call since the Olympic break?

Two thoughts:

1 - Should've made a trade for some good D-men. Thanks for not pulling the trigger Darcy. Wait... edit... thanks for not pulling the gun out of the holster Darcy.

2 - I witnessed a Sabre being held right in front of the f**king referee for close to 10 seconds with no call and the split second a Sabre player does something wrong we get called on a penalty. I blame all of Boston's diving whining for this. I think the refs are being tough on the Sabres.

This team is trying too hard to make a pretty goal. Trying too hard to get in the best scoring chance. Trying too hard to make the pretty pass. They are not playing the tight vested game they played earlier this season. They seem tenative to just play. It is frustrating to watch right now!

I fear worst for next year.

Wish I could join the chat, but it doesn't work for me. Please... guys... Schedule. Injuries. Officiating. They don't explain this tailspin. We need someone with credibility to analyze this team's woes -- and it's clearly not going to be Jim Lorentz, who is using the schedule excuse and talking about how the Sabres think they can get back into this game when there's no indication they have a pulse tonight. Roby, please, talk to us.

IMHO, you have to go back to the loss in Ottawa and explain what "lockerroom issues" Danny Briere was talking about afterwards. Such a weird comment after seeing an eight-game winning streak end.

Wish I could join the chat, but it doesn't work for me. Please... guys... Schedule. Injuries. Officiating. They don't explain this tailspin. We need someone with credibility to analyze this team's woes -- and it's clearly not going to be Jim Lorentz, who is using the schedule excuse and talking about how the Sabres think they can get back into this game when there's no indication they have a pulse tonight. Roby, please, talk to us.

IMHO, you have to go back to the loss in Ottawa and explain what "lockerroom issues" Danny Briere was talking about afterwards. Such a weird comment after seeing an eight-game winning streak end.

I can't explain this. It's so bizarr. Great team suddenly turns into a lemon. Tonight is just a disaster.

What happened to our team speed?

This team is in serious trouble. Those who think otherwise are in denial.

I know we got away with a lot of wins that we shouldn't have in the 8 game streak but at least we were skating and creating opps.

To be blown out 5 zip in the first period on HNIC across the entire Country, this is a joke.

I rarely get to see us play except for hilights and then I get to witness this??

Terrible terrible time to play like this. 5 zip to the friggin stinkin Leafs is unbelievable. Unreal. I cannot believe it.

Ruff better go postal between intermisson or else.

Would you PLEASE go put your $!%#^#$^^##@$ !%%!@^ !%^^%!#$^ !%#!%!#^ headphones on and STOP WATCHING THE GAME!!!! :o

:lol: It's too brutal right now to do anything but laugh. (I haven't drank enough to cry yet! ;) )

This is the way teenagers behave when their parents are out of town (and, yes, it's a Risky Business). Metaphorically speaking, Ruff is out of town. I don't blame him at all. He has more important things to worry about. The character of this team is certainly being exposed. Whether the games have any meaning or not, you don't pack it in. Their coach deserves better.

Hey Dave.

I don't drink. Tonight might be the night I start.

While it's nice to think that this will all be a distant memory come playoff time, my experience tells me this is more than a fleeting rough patch in a good season. I just can't fathom this team turning things around fast enough. They're going 100 mph down the expressway the wrong way. You can't go 75 in the other direction in five seconds.