Get to Know - Claude Julien

TrueBlueGED

Julien is my absolute least desired candidate...

Congrats, you just vaulted him to the top of everyone's list :p

TrueBlue, I think you should be worried because I like Julien as well, and we both know I'm wrong more than I'm right. :p

Yea never know, maybe this is one of those times you found nuts.

Daniel Paille - Ghost's son, successfully recovered from Ruff's school of wussitude

We can debate the Julien Effect on Daniel. I believe it's more of a Grinch like phenomenon that the Son Of Ghost's balls had sometime after leaving Buffalo and arriving in Boston. But my favorite line in a long time, excellent.... :thumbsup:

Don't like him but don't need to. Has my respect as a coach in that I would love to punch him in the face. He certainly fits the play a heavy game style more than the Babcock also.

This.

Claude is the best coach for the job going totally by analytics, but he is such a Douche as a man.

Dan still first choice because of this metric...

Daniel Paille - Ghost's son, successfully recovered from Ruff's school of wussitude

We can debate the Julien Effect on Daniel. I believe it's more of a Grinch like phenomenon that the Son Of Ghost's balls had sometime after leaving Buffalo and arriving in Boston. But my favorite line in a long time, excellent.... :thumbsup:

This.

Claude is the best coach for the job going totally by analytics, but he is such a Douche as a man.

Dan still first choice because of this metric...

Everyone knows that Pyatt is my baby.

My beef with Paille was that you could have traded him, Stafford, and a few 2nd round picks and would have had Guerin and Roberts on your team. Darcy hung on to them because he knew the captains were walking the next year and needed bodies.

That's OK though. It's not like it's 9 years later and the Sabres have won a total of 5 playoff games........

Here's a question:  is it possible that the Bruins are dragging their feet on canning Claude because they don't want the Sabres (or the Red Wings) to hire him?  i.e. that they've decided to fire him, but they want the Sabres and Wings to hire someone first, so neither of them hires Julien?

Here's a question:  is it possible that the Bruins are dragging their feet on canning Claude because they don't want the Sabres (or the Red Wings) to hire him?  i.e. that they've decided to fire him, but they want the Sabres and Wings to hire someone first, so neither of them hires Julien?

I think that's a great point.  Two divisional teams looking for a head coach, why not slow play it a bit unless you think the guy you have targeted will be gone while you continue dragging your feet.  When I saw this thread had a new post I just repeated please say he's fired, please say he's fired, please....

Here's a question: is it possible that the Bruins are dragging their feet on canning Claude because they don't want the Sabres (or the Red Wings) to hire him? i.e. that they've decided to fire him, but they want the Sabres and Wings to hire someone first, so neither of them hires Julien?

Perfectly possible, but I don't think it makes much sense because it would be delaying their own coach search. Unless they already know who they would hire and are confident he's not on anyone else's radar, I can't seem them undermining themselves for the sake of frustrating a division rival.

Here's a question: is it possible that the Bruins are dragging their feet on canning Claude because they don't want the Sabres (or the Red Wings) to hire him? i.e. that they've decided to fire him, but they want the Sabres and Wings to hire someone first, so neither of them hires Julien?

They could just fire him and refuse to let him talk to Detroit or Buffalo. Bad form, but so is firing a coach well after the market has settled and there's no chairs left.

Julien's attitude with the media could make him the best fit within the Sabres organization as far as similarities to Murray and Pegula go.  The three of them could have a real blast sticking it to the News boys.  As to who I'd prefer, it's someone with more charm.  I could see Claud fitting in real well, though, with the aforementioned, and his resume is hard to argue against.  He's not my idea of fun, but it will be the wins and losses on the ice, that count most.  

It's hard to beat Disco Dan for fun-factor, but I have a suspicion that his ease with the media will not be counted as an asset by the decision makers.  I may not be giving the brass enough credit.  As I see it, what they need, is a fun, smart, dashing young guy who can disarm the critics with his guile and wit.  What I fear that they want, on the other hand, is a bully who can put those pissants in their place.  That said, Julien could be a great hockey coach too, for the Sabres.

Julien would be my choice too given the direction of Sabres build, but Blysma might field a better skating styled team. Claude, the name though says it all, not a great p.r. move, but if the Sabres win the cup... I'll bandwagon him.

what part no god no don't you understand ?  I'd rather have tortorrella than this piece of .

Julien would be my choice too given the direction of Sabres build, but Blysma might field a better skating styled team. Claude, the name though says it all, not a great p.r. move, but if the Sabres win the cup... I'll bandwagon him.

That's the best.  Did you make that up?  I'll bandwagon him.   :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.