Flames ship blueliner Lydman to Sabres

IKnowPhysics

De Luca, I've been quite negative about Regier's non-activity too. I'm not exactly doing cartwheels over Lydman, but like I said, he will prove to be a solid player.

I still say Regier should have made one splash in the free-agent market. I'd like to know if he made a bid on Kariya. That's the guy who I think is going to bounce back big.

The most negative I've been is on our goalie situation. I don't care if Chris Pronger, Brian Leetch, Scott Niedermeyer, Ed Jovanovski, Nicklas Lidstrom and Derian Hatcher are our defence. These goalies will make any defence look bad. There is an outside chance that Miller will be the guy. The other two have had their shot, they ain't gonna cut it.

I don't understand how a franchise that made the cup finals with Hasek and a team of virtual 4th liners, can't be aware of how important goaltending is.

To be honest Rabbit. I think it's time to give up the good fight.

It's about the Revenue Shareing now. The Sabre need to be in the bottom eight of revenue to collect "free Money". From what I have heard the Cap will be lower next year then it is now due to it be based on revenues collected and this years being projected a bit high. The Sabre are not stock pileing cap dollars for a big push. They making sure when the cap drops they can stay way uner it.

I'm a life long Sabre fan. To see this happening makes me sick. I wonder maybe if it wouldn't be better not to have a team. It's going to hurt more to watch Tommy G spend another 70 million on another failed political race where he gets 3% of the vote knowing he could have done more to help this team.

FOURTH LINER you should be ashamed of yourself! You do not know a good hockey player if it sat on your face! Lydman is a solid pickup and Buffalo is not done yet! KEN KLEE from toronto is a mistake.......Leave toronto off our team. Hey how long did in take Martin St. Louis to become the best??? Fourth Liner you spew out some stats and say he sucks lets face it REIGER pulled off another great trade and ALL YOU PEOPLE that don't understand REIGER doesn't decide the payroll and his hands were tied with PECA and HASEK you don't know what goes on between closed doors to know what really happens that weasel of an ex-owner owned a fourty foot yaucht instead of PECA....Anyways you were probably one of those people saying bring back mogilny(lol)Buffalo can not afford to miss on a player no matter the cost(although they should have signed SATAN and traded him away for something even a pick). The sabres will make the PLAYOFFS easily this year and you will all eat my @$@#%!!!!!

GO SABRES GO!!!!!!!

BRING BACK THE BLUE AND GOLD!!!!

Darcey?

Darcey?

Who is Darcey?

Look, I'm sorry that Darcy proved you wrong by replacing Zhitnik with a younger, smarter, and cheaper player. Suck it up, I'm sure the Sabres will please you and miss the playoffs.

Sounds like Lydman is a one year rental at $1.9 million and then he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.

Is it worth a 3rd round pick?

I don't know, but we will see.

The Sabres needed a body on the blue line and he sounds like a reasonable defenseman for this year. At least he can talk to Teppo in his native language.

Where is Hannu Virta?

He's not going to be unrestricted. He'll be a RFA since he'll only be 28 on July 1, 2006. The Sabres have his rights for two years.

Who is Darcey?

Look, I'm sorry that Darcy proved you wrong by replacing Zhitnik with a younger, smarter, and cheaper player. Suck it up, I'm sure the Sabres will please you and miss the playoffs.

I doubt the Sabres even care.

With revenue sharing they can make money and not lift a finger.

As far as that guy from the Flames replacing Z? I hope you enjoy watching your first NHL game this season. B-)

Isn't anybody concerned that this is only a one year contract for Lydman?

One year contract, plus restricted rights FA in 2006-07 (he'll only be 28 on July 1, 2006) = two years of service if they qualify him.

Guest pierre larouche
One year contract, plus restricted rights FA in 2006-07 (he'll only be 28 on July 1, 2006) = two years of service if they qualify him.

I guess I got misled by what I read.

?The handsomely paid Lydman (he was due to make $1.9 million) was the most likely candidate, especially considering he's an unrestricted free agent after this season.?

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/flames...97-4b5d24195d84

I guess I got misled by what I read.

?The handsomely paid Lydman (he was due to make $1.9 million) was the most likely candidate, especially considering he's an unrestricted free agent after this season.?

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/flames...97-4b5d24195d84

You would think the Flames web site would know?

Maybe he is? Has there been anything local about it?

Has anyone confirmed that the Sabres have his rights after this season?

Guest curious

"By trading Lydman, the Flames also saved $1.9 million in salary and erased the risk of losing him for nothing after this season. Lydman, who turns 28 next month, is entering the final year of his contract and eligible to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. "

http://www.wkbw.com/sports.aspx?preview=&t...n&NStoryID=5752

What's the story here?

I was excited to see that a Calgary fan posted that about Lydman and then I realized something...

I realized I'm an admin for this site.

Being an admin for this site, I can see what IP you are posting from. So I checked and unless there is a Calgary in Virginia, you happen to live there, and you are a huge Flames fan, your post is BS. My guess is there is no Calgary in Virginia -- where your IP orginates from -- and you ain't no Flames fan.

Actually, we can tell exactly who you are on this board ... but I won't embarass you like that. So don't post BS posting as another team's fan.

Just a couple of thoughts:

-Is it not possible that he is from Calgary? I'm from Buffalo but now make my home in Virginia Beach. With the amount of military in this area, it's not at all uncommon for Canadians to be stationed here - my neighbor just retired and moved back to Ontario (outside of TO but I've since forgotten exactly where). He was down here with NATO.

-In any event, I agree with his post. Lydman won't set any records, but it was a good trade all the same.

Anyone whining about concussion problems should keep in mind McKee's injury problems over the last couple of seasons.

Lydman may have some injury doubts but he's hardly Eric Lindros, he should be a good solid D for the Sabres and goes some way to replacing Zhitnik - unless of course you have some twisted idea that the sun shines out of Z's backside - but then you'll probably never be happy.

Anyone whining about concussion problems should keep in mind McKee's injury problems over the last couple of seasons.

Lydman may have some injury doubts but he's hardly Eric Lindros, he should be a good solid D for the Sabres and goes some way to replacing Zhitnik - unless of course you have some twisted idea that the sun shines out of Z's backside - but then you'll probably never be happy.

McKee's concussion wasn't on par with Lindros's either. I think all agree that McKee has not been the same since. His physical play has dropped off. It's hard to remember a player with concussions whose play didn't drop off.

At 100% Lydman isn't anything to write home about. I still would rather have him then Aaron Miller.

As far as Zhitnik. It is going to to be fun this season going back and reading some posts while Zhitnik and the Islanders are standing solid in a playoff spot.

As far as Zhitnik. It is going to to be fun this season going back and reading some posts while Zhitnik and the Islanders are standing solid in a playoff spot.

Seriously DeLuca67, do you think that Zhitnik is a suitable replacement for Aucoin? :blink:

Wake up and smell what you're shovelin'! :lol:

Incidentally, add the knee problems to McKee's concussion problems and he starts looking much lower in trade value...

Archived