The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Is be shocked if he got the boot, he's consistently recognized as a top 5 coach by his peers. He probably was locked out, if that's true, because it was a players only meeting

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/los-angeles-kings-players-lock-coach-darryl-sutter-out-locker-room-gm-dean-lombardi-041315

I think Darryl Sutter will be canned by the Kings.  the players locked him out of the locker room a week back.  He has a couple cups.

Have you ever seen his press conferences?  Picture John Scott making fun of himself after downing a few.  That's what Darryl Sutter's press conferences are like.

Hey Wildcard!

Just because you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

:w00t:  :w00t:  :lol:  :lol:

That line was great  :D

Thanks for the source. 

Certainly an interesting event, but I'm not sure that's enough to warrant Sutter's firing. If anything they'll move out personnel. Brown has always underwhelmed me as a player and as a captain

That did not disappoint  :lol:  :lol:

I think he's far more adroit than he appears to the media; I also think he's one step ahead of them and likes having some fun with them.  The secret is being able do it with that deadpan expression.

I think he's far more adroit than he appears to the media; I also think he's one step ahead of them and likes having some fun with them.  The secret is being able do it with that deadpan expression.

That's not a deadpan expression, that's Bitter Beer Face.

one thing is "for sure" who ever it is will have a "huge" bulls eye on his back, and better  hope a "huge" check will cover the risk of failing

to get this team to the cup and winning it

Ramping up quite a bit of pressure for a team that just finished 30th. 

We probably aren't a playoff team next year either. 

My pool of candidates:

1. Babcock

2. McLellan

3.. Bylsma

4.. Richardson

5.. Deboer

6.. Boucher

7. Brent Sutter

8. Paul Maclean

9. Tippet * (under contact)

10. Lindy Ruff (just kidding PA) :P

Murray worked with Bylsma for 2 years in Anaheim when Bylsma was a player. Wonder if that qualifies him as "someone he has a relationship with."

I sure hope not. Bylsma is right near the bottom of my list with the likes of Carlyle.

Well, Murray was director of player personnel when Bylsma was ultimately waived to finish his career with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks. So maybe he's not a big fan either.

That's not a deadpan expression, that's Bitter Beer Face.

hqdefault.jpg

After their season is over.

Of course, if Babs and GMTM have an ongoing friendship, Murray may have already gauged Babcock's level of interest.

Also, even though the Red Wings have indicated that they view re-signing Babcock as a formality, an early playoff exit may have them rethinking that strategy.  My wife is a big Wings fan and she wants him gone.  Her feeling (and that of some of the Detroit media) is that they've had their run together but it might benefit both the Wings and Babcock for them to part ways.

The Sabres are going to bring in a veteran coach, one with teeth and a resume that screams stanley cup contender.

The top two choices will be Babcock and Bylsma. 

Both have cups on their resume and will be high profile.  Babcock is the leader due to his past working relationship with Murray and Murray's need for the next head coach to "get him".  Plus Babcock's resume is the best of anyone out there.

Getting Babcock would be a coup for this team.  Babcock would bring a cup to Buffalo within 3 years.  This team would also be a hot sport for FAs and on national TV all the time.

Bylsma would bring almost the same result. 

I think the fall back plan would be Richardson.  As much as the press plays out the Richardson/Murray connection, Murray has to get this one right.  Richardson has no NHL coaching experience, and Murray has already made it clear this is a can't mess up hire on his part.  There is too much at stake to have an AHL coach come in and lead a teamwho really needs a guy who the player will instantly respect.

Richardson is not that guy.  But I think as a last resort he would go there if he couldn't find a veteran HC that he could hang the hopes of a stanley cup on.

The Sabres also have first-rate facilites, a massive scouting budget, a top notch talent pipeline, a deep pocket owner, and a strong hockey environment that lacks the insane pressure of Toronto.

And if Murray and Babcock are on the same page, there's opportunity to increase his role, all while making him the highest paid coach in the NHL.

..and word is the Maple Leafs situation is a mess that many coaches may steer clear away from.  I mean, they have serious cap issues, lack of defense, an elephant in the room in Dion Phaneufs contract, and their farm system is mediocre.

The Sabres on the other hand have a billionaire owner, top rated facility, money to pay a top coach, and arguably the best farm system in the league that is only going to get stronger with either McDavid or Eichel and two additional picks in the top 32 in one of the strongest draft classes in recent history.

Yeah, I say we have the edge.  LOL

I'm going to nominate my mom to be the next head coach. i mean this in all sincerity. she took two (count 'em .. .TWO) generic, garden variety kids, and and practically single-handedly turned them both into fine, upstanding, morally non-reprehensible citizens who have managed to stay out of jail AND, on some small scale, contribute to society. now ... imagine what she could do with a whole TEAM of younglings. we're talking world domination within 30-35 years. no, it may not lead to a stanley cup, per se, but imagine the implications--an entire hockey team of gentlemen--not your chris neils, or shoebottoms of yesteryear, but bright, intelligent, respectful young men who would, in turn, be the mentors for the upcoming generation. hence the beginnings of world domination.

just my $.02.

This is excellent.