2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

###### it. I just did too.

It's great having a job now that actually allows me to do this occasionally.

Only here till 12 noon! :)

....but it's so slow right now, I can be making these posts right now, anyways. 

Edited by Thorny

For those who might have missed it, the looney is getting pounded against the dollar as a result of Brexit.  While the cap is set this year, teams will have to take this into account when managing their internal finances.  I think their will be opportunities for players as a result.

People talked about needing to add D to the pipeline, which we failed to do.

However, our top prospect (Guhle) was a defenceman.

Our top left wing and centre prospects were Carrier and Estephan.

Now they are Nylander and Asplund.

Best player available, sure. But they filled needs as well.

Edited by dudacek

People talked about needing to add D to the pipeline, which we failed to do.

However, our top prospect (Guhle) was a defenceman.

Our top left wing and centre prospects were Carrier and Estephan.

Now they are Nylander and Asplund.

Best player available, sure. But they filled needs as well.

Not a fan of any of the D drafted? I know he was a fifth round pick, but Vojtech Budik seems like he has a chance.

One last thought. I appreciate the NHL holding the first round of the draft on a Friday evening, and not on a weeknight. I need to get up early for work, so the NFL draft on a weeknight means I can only watch the first few picks. More and more the NFL is too corporate for me. The draft coverage was spotty. But as least I could watch as much as I wanted. 

Edited by 2_minutes_4_roughing

Not a fan of any of the D drafted? I know he was a fifth round pick, but Vojtech Budik seems like he has a chance.

To be honest don't know enough about our actual picks.

Was more commenting on the fact we were into the 80s before we picked one.

not sure if anyone saw this gem or if it was already posted upthread - from Allan Muir of SI.com:

8:13 pm: Tim Murray is the greatest. The Sabres GM doesn't even thank the home town fans that pack the FNC for the draft before making his pick, winger Alex Nylander. Very surprised the Sabres didn't go defense here, but Nylander is far from a sketchy pick. He's the sort of talent who can pull you out of your seat with his dangles and leave goalies checking their gloves for holes with his deadly accurate shot. Going to make for some fun games between the Sabres and the Leafs, who will dress Alex's brother William.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/06/24/2016-nhl-draft-first-round-live-blog-and-pick-tracker

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.