2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

What really needs to happen is since we lost both lotteries the last two drafts it would be nice if we won it this year. It would only be fitting.

I'd much rather see the Sabres get the 1st overall than TO, Deadmonton or the Coyotes.

TO has been pathetic since ummmmmmmmmmmm 1967?

Deadmonton should be contenders not basement dwellers. How many top picks have they had again.

In defense of these two organizations, they finally seem to be headed in the right direction.

Arizona took the Jets back in the 90s so fack them.

I think the two last places have more or less been decided so it is between the next 4 or so to see who gets to finish 3rd last.

I'd much rather see the Sabres get the 1st overall than TO, Deadmonton or the Coyotes.

Deadmonton should be contenders not basement dwellers. How many top picks have they had again.

In defense of these two organizations, they finally seem to be headed in the right direction.

I think the two last places have more or less been decided so it is between the next 4 or so to see who gets to finish 3rd last.

Not to sound like a brown-noser, but I'd love for Winnipeg to win the 1st pick lottery. Easily my favorite Canadian team, and a win could absolutely load that roster. 

first time:

1: BUF

2: VAN

3: TOR

Your worst nightmare! :P 

That's great.  Trade the pick to ARI for their pick + OEL.

I'd trade the pick for just OEL. Arizona wouldn't do that, or what you suggest, though.

Not to sound like a brown-noser, but I'd love for Winnipeg to win the 1st pick lottery. Easily my favorite Canadian team, and a win could absolutely load that roster. 

Your worst nightmare! :P 

I'd trade the pick for just OEL. Arizona wouldn't do that, or what you suggest, though.

I think they might for Matthews, though. Hometown star is just what that team needs to get it on the map in the SW.

OEL, DuClair, and their pick, otherwise, no dice. 

GO SABRES!!!

scary how much the hurricanes and their 2 % win 1st when I do it.   :sick:

I think they might for Matthews, though. Hometown star is just what that team needs to get it on the map in the SW.

GO SABRES!!!

Don't know, might just go for Domi and their pick, I think you are undervaluing OEL.

Pick a LHD with theirs.

scary how much the hurricanes and their 2 % win 1st when I do it.   :sick:

Don't know, might just go for Domi and their pick, I think you are undervaluing OEL.

Pick a LHD with theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I think OEL is a major talent bordering on superstar. I'm saying my conversation starts with him in any talks for Matthews, who is a unique value to the 'Yotes. 

And I would prefer an LHD that can come in and start on the top pair immediately. Highly doubtful we get that guy in the draft. 

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

GO SABRES!!!

I know that GMs don't always tell the truth to the media, but GMDM himself said there was no chance he trades OEL for Matthews, because of reasons I've outlined a few times on here, and not one Coyotes fan that I've seen on hfboards is interested in the trade because of how much it decimates their defense. They have nothing after OEL. Winning hockey is what will bring fans to the Yotes, and Matthews added to an already promising young forwards group, at the expense of having any shred of defensive ability, will not get them winning hockey faster than keeping a top 10 NHL d-man will.

I know that GMs don't always tell the truth to the media, but GMDM himself said there was no chance he trades OEL for Matthews, because of reasons I've outlined a few times on here, and not one Coyotes fan that I've seen on hfboards is interested in the trade because of how much it decimates their defense. They have nothing after OEL. Winning hockey is what will bring fans to the Yotes, and Matthews added to an already promising young forwards group, at the expense of having any shred of defensive ability, will not get them winning hockey faster than keeping a top 10 NHL d-man will.

I agree, #1 doesn't nab OEL, let alone anything else. I'd still try though.

The Sabres need to pick in the top 8. I feel there is a big drop off / risk after the top 8 players

Matthews Laine Puljajarvi

Tkachuk Dubois Nylander

Sergachev Juolevi Chychrun all sound like they'd get top five consideration most years.

Haven't looked much deeper, but sounds like there are some other names that look good in the 10-15 range.

Even if Sabres draft 9th and all 3Dmen are taken. That would mean that one of Tkachuk, Dubios, or Nylander is on the board.

Im pretty confident someone will be looking for a centre and either McLeod or Keller (possibly both) go in the top 10.

Exactly. One of those forwards would be on the board, which means there might be a team will to give up a good young D if we package the pick. I'm not as interested in those 3 prospects as I am a good young D man.

Exactly. One of those forwards would be on the board, which means there might be a team will to give up a good young D if we package the pick. I'm not as interested in those 3 prospects as I am a good young D man.

Nah, draft a sniping shooting forward, Sabres need a scorer more.

Well if we draft 9th and Tkachuk is somehow there (he won't be) I don't trade that pick. I take Tkachuk and thank the rest of the NHL for sucking.

Way off topic Ducky but when I  was last in Winnipeg it was for the World Juniors in 1999 I think, did Winnipeg also replace the old football stadium?

Looks like barring a lottery win, the earliest the Sabres can draft is 7th and if the early game scores continue to hold they'll be in 22nd by the end of the night (9th seed in lottery).

The improvement is great but I wanted to be top 5 and have a shot at one of Finns or Tkachuk, We really need to win that lottery as that would be only fitting.

The improvement is great but I wanted to be top 5 and have a shot at one of Finns or Tkachuk, We really need to win that lottery as that would be only fitting.

Lottery win would be awesome. Kind of think getting pick 2 would be some kind of poetic justice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.