qwksndmonster

Fallout 3 is one of the best video games I've ever played.

The New Vegas thing was a big disappointment in comparison.

Just finished playing Far Cry 3 for the second time!  LOL.  The game is great.

Does anyone know of a decent fighter plane type of video game (WW2) for PS3 or that I could play on my Apple laptop?

I mean something realistic where your view is out the cockpit of the plane.

Krupp! I have a nerd challenge for you.  Why do you prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas?  I've enjoyed way too many hours of both, but prefer New Vegas.

Well I lived in DC for like 13 years, so it was fun to wander around a wasted DC.

But I just found the storyline or environments somehow cooler in the DC game.  I found wandering around in the desert to be boring and the "strip" in Vegas was kind of boring.  

Although let me say this!  As a lover of ancient Roman history, I was digging the whole Roman angle to New Vegas and how they were properly pronouncing "CAESAR" with a proper ancient Roman Latin accent.

NOT "SEE-ZER" like we say now but "KAI-ZAR" the way Latin was spoken in 50 BC.

That was good. 

I loved the atmosphere from fallout 3, it was incredible. Really enjoyed the locations, towns and point lookout.

I liked new Vegas too (not as much) and like the survivor mode. But NV just didn't have the X factor for me

This is kind of how I look at it too.  I also discovered this game with Fallout 3, so that could have something to do with it.  

Anyone else follow my approach of always remaining 1 generation of Playstation behind the current version!?

Hey, I'm cheap.

This is great.  It means all the "cool new games" which are only new to ME are $19.95 or $29.95 and not $59.95...and I always get the PS generation when it is $199.

I did it that way with PS1, 2, and 3.

When PS4 is $199, I'll buy that too. 

:w00t:  :w00t:

Edited by Kruppstahl

In Fallout 3, I loved the overworld.  It was a blast to hike back and forth and the way different locations were put together was simply more compelling somehow than the New Vegas world.  The main story was terribly written, but that didn't bother me that much because the best part was losing yourself and doing whatever you want.  The biggest problem for me in Fallout 3 is the dialogue.

I like to role play when I play Fallout games, and in Fallout 3 the only thing it ever felt like I was role playing as was an idiot.  The dialogue usually forced you to choose between two or three incredibly stupid, non-compelling responses.

The writing in New Vegas was better in almost every facet (the vault quest and the intro are the only exceptions).  I could actually put myself on a compelling side, I wasn't forced into working with the white knight  Fo3 Brotherhood of Steel.  The dialogue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.  Funny, sick, twisted, and sad.  They nail so many different tones.

The overall tone of New Vegas is better as well.  It's cowboy- adventure- apocalypse, instead of just dread dread dread dread sad sad sad.  Fallout 3 was so consistently dreary in it's visuals and tone.  Bored the stuff outta me.

I agree big time that the strip is lacking.  It's split up into 5 different parts and doesn't feel big or exciting at all.

In Fallout 3, I loved the overworld.  It was a blast to hike back and forth and the way different locations were put together was simply more compelling somehow than the New Vegas world.  The main story was terribly written, but that didn't bother me that much because the best part was losing yourself and doing whatever you want.  The biggest problem for me in Fallout 3 is the dialogue.

I like to role play when I play Fallout games, and in Fallout 3 the only thing it ever felt like I was role playing as was an idiot.  The dialogue usually forced you to choose between two or three incredibly stupid, non-compelling responses.

The writing in New Vegas was better in almost every facet (the vault quest and the intro are the only exceptions).  I could actually put myself on a compelling side, I wasn't forced into working with the white knight  Fo3 Brotherhood of Steel.  The dialogue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.  Funny, sick, twisted, and sad.  They nail so many different tones.

The overall tone of New Vegas is better as well.  It's cowboy- adventure- apocalypse, instead of just dread dread dread dread sad sad sad.  Fallout 3 was so consistently dreary in it's visuals and tone.  Bored the stuff outta me.

I agree big time that the strip is lacking.  It's split up into 5 different parts and doesn't feel big or exciting at all.

I agree that DC is way  more depressing than vegas. I kind of ignore the dialogue and that aspect of these games entirely, so I can see why that didn't bother me as much as it did you.

I would also add that I loved the music/radio station options in DC as opposed to Vegas.

I don't know.  They are both very similar games obviously, but I'd rather play the DC version.

But Far cry 3 is better than either!  

I will forever associate "Butcher Pete" with Fallout 3.

The tasty, cynical irony of "Let's go Sunning" is another great one.

By the way, I loved "Victor" the robot and all the other Securitron robots that looked like him.  Just the aesthetics of them were cool.

I thought of making a model of one of them.  

Anyone remember Street Fighter II for SNES?

75JpPMy.gif

Beyond yes! That and MK 2 are my favorite fighting games of all time. 

Picked Bloodborne up last weekend. Difficulty is through the roof, but it's fun/addictive at the same time. Can't get enough of it. Wish I had played Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1 and 2....

Edited by GoPre

I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Listening to the songs posted above puts a smile on my face.

IMO, FO3 had a better environment, but New Vegas was better in most other ways, including the plot, character development, and improved game play.  I put probably 50 more hours into New Vegas than I did FO3.

Side note, I'm a PC gamer primarily, and Bethesda games are one of many reasons why.  Mods make the PC the definitive platform for their games.

I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Listening to the songs posted above puts a smile on my face.

IMO, FO3 had a better environment, but New Vegas was better in most other ways, including the plot, character development, and improved game play.  I put probably 50 more hours into New Vegas than I did FO3.

Side note, I'm a PC gamer primarily, and Bethesda games are one of many reasons why.  Mods make the PC the definitive platform for their games.

It's funny how much I hate and love Bethesda.  Their games so good at some things and terrible at others.  Take the game Dishonored:  It was gorgeous, and absurdly fun to play.  On the other hand, the story was a joke, and the voice acting/dialogue was terribly handled.  Skyrim was very similar as well.  Without the fun of modding I wouldn't have played it for more than a few hours.

Edited by qwksndmonster

What does everyone think about "Red Dead Redemption" ???

This game receives a lot of praise.  I bought it for the PS3 and played it for 3 or 4 hours to get a feel for it.  It was supposed to be a "Fallout" type "open world" game but set in the old west.  

I absolutely hated the game!  I thought the fighting was ridiculous (like it was impossible to stay alive) and it was hard for me to slot into a pre-determined plot line and do things.  I was constantly thinking "What am I supposed to be doing?  I don't get it."

Anyway, it didn't last long.  It doesn't help that I was definitely not feeling the vibe of the Old West theme.  I'm not a huge cowboy movie fan to begin with, but I just wasn't digging that game at all.

I'd be curious to hear other opinions of that one.

What does everyone think about "Red Dead Redemption" ???

This game receives a lot of praise.  I bought it for the PS3 and played it for 3 or 4 hours to get a feel for it.  It was supposed to be a "Fallout" type "open world" game but set in the old west.  

I absolutely hated the game!  I thought the fighting was ridiculous (like it was impossible to stay alive) and it was hard for me to slot into a pre-determined plot line and do things.  I was constantly thinking "What am I supposed to be doing?  I don't get it."

Anyway, it didn't last long.  It doesn't help that I was definitely not feeling the vibe of the Old West theme.  I'm not a huge cowboy movie fan to begin with, but I just wasn't digging that game at all.

I'd be curious to hear other opinions of that one.

Think of Red Dead Redemption as GTA in the Old west.  I think you will appreciate it a little more.  All and all, it really isn't the greatest game ever made but it's a good time waster.  I liked Red Dead Revolver much better.

Like most of you, I hardly ever have time for video games anymore.  I mostly play League of Legends just because I know it will be 20-30 minutes and I'm done.

Some games I grew up playing all the time:

Zelda (from the first to the last.  Except wind waker) 

TMNT 

Resident Evil 1,2,3 (I remember leaving my playstation on all the time for RE2 to get the never save achievement)

Super Mario Bros

I'm sure there are a ton of others but can't really think of any off the top of my head.

Fallout 3 is one of the best video games I've ever played.

The New Vegas thing was a big disappointment in comparison.

Just finished playing Far Cry 3 for the second time! LOL. The game is great.

Does anyone know of a decent fighter plane type of video game (WW2) for PS3 or that I could play on my Apple laptop?

I mean something realistic where your view is out the cockpit of the plane.

I haven't tried it yet but people tell me this is the best combat flight sim out there right now.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Edited by d4rksabre

Have any of you played Far Cry 4? If so, what game would you compare it to? Also, is it worth buying? Debating between that and FFX remastered for the PS4. Imo, that was the last great Final Fantasy game. Haven't played FFX since the PS2. That's why I'm tempted to pick it up. 

it sounds to me like they are ditching the whole idea of setting up the skills of your online player. Even in the EASHL. really dislike that idea. I enjoyed setting up my players skills and testing out different combinations. sounds like the choices are now going to be play as a real player in OTP or play a preset player type in EASHL.