qwksndmonster

16 minutes ago, josie said:

I've been watching playthroughs of RDR2. It's kind of infuriating- it's all SO open, that it's like watching a person just go about their daily life making stupid decisions you wouldn'tve. 

I couldn't play it. You face consequences for merely bumping into someone- none of that video game physics of riding your horse through an NPC. I'd try to play this golden moral life run without hurting/robbing anyone and fail the game - I'd spend all my time catching/breaking wild horses probably... 

But damn... it is SO beautiful. I'm so impressed. From the real world look to the physics to the consequences to the attention to detail in the general store catalogs- And I feel kinda guilty- I've read all the articles about the insane sh!t the Rockstar employees went through to make it. The insane crunch hours to basically redo the game to implement the cinematic mode. I never touched a AAA game, but even the crunch mode I experienced for bigger games was just soul crushing- I can't imagine it on that scale. At least the game will do well so those people will actually get paid better. 

Try out the first one some time, its easier to go through as a "good" good guy. The protagonist in  1 is trying to get away from the gang life and is working for the law. In this one you are unequivocally an outlaw.

19 minutes ago, sabills said:

Try out the first one some time, its easier to go through as a "good" good guy. The protagonist in  1 is trying to get away from the gang life and is working for the law. In this one you are unequivocally an outlaw.

Yeah, I read the synopsis for both already- this one's the prequel, right?

If I ever find a time in my life where I have more than 30 minutes of free time a day, I'll play- the list of stuff I want to check out is long. 

1 hour ago, josie said:

Yeah, I read the synopsis for both already- this one's the prequel, right?

If I ever find a time in my life where I have more than 30 minutes of free time a day, I'll play- the list of stuff I want to check out is long. 

Yeah, thats right.

This is maybe the first game I've ever bought when it came out. I'm usually in the "get the older console and play the 5 year old games everyone raves about when they only cost 20 bucks" bucket. Highly recommended strategy. But I loved the first one so much I made an exception this time.

6 minutes ago, sabills said:

I'm usually in the "get the older console and play the 5 year old games everyone raves about when they only cost 20 bucks" bucket. Highly recommended strategy. 

It's a fantastic strategy.  I do the same as well.  You can walk into a gaming store and buy five used premium titles for likely under $40.   

55 minutes ago, sabills said:

Yeah, thats right.

This is maybe the first game I've ever bought when it came out. I'm usually in the "get the older console and play the 5 year old games everyone raves about when they only cost 20 bucks" bucket. Highly recommended strategy. But I loved the first one so much I made an exception this time.

I'm the exact opposite.  If I'm going to buy a game, I buy it right away when it comes out.  I'm going to cave later today and grab this one, so I think that still qualifies.  The only time I'm not buying something right away is in the first couple years of a new system.  I've always waited on buying the new system until there was a game I absolutely had to play.

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm the exact opposite.  If I'm going to buy a game, I buy it right away when it comes out.  I'm going to cave later today and grab this one, so I think that still qualifies.  The only time I'm not buying something right away is in the first couple years of a new system.  I've always waited on buying the new system until there was a game I absolutely had to play.

Its partially that I'm just not a big gamer and I don't devote a lot of time to it, so it doesn't make sense to spend my money there. Sometimes I'll get the new NHL or FIFA or Madden only to have the current roster, but then I'll play a career in it for years before upgrading. I also like those games because I can pop in and play for an hour without getting invested in anything.

2 hours ago, sabills said:

Its partially that I'm just not a big gamer and I don't devote a lot of time to it, so it doesn't make sense to spend my money there. Sometimes I'll get the new NHL or FIFA or Madden only to have the current roster, but then I'll play a career in it for years before upgrading. I also like those games because I can pop in and play for an hour without getting invested in anything.

I forget exactly when South Park the Fractured But Whole came out, but this is at most the second game I've bought all year (yes, I caved and bought it today).  So yeah, I'd laugh anyone out of the building if they called me a game.  I pretty much only buy franchises I'm used to, the ones that typically only put out one game every 3-5 years or so.

7 hours ago, Indabuff said:

I got smoked harder than a pack of Newport 100s at a bingo hall but it's beatable and well worth the challenge.  

Two years ago, I never would have imagined I'd like a From Software game.  Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I just finished getting a platinum trophy in Bloodborne after having beaten all 3 Dark Souls games.  Turns out I'm a Soulsborne fan.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

Two years ago, I never would have imagined I'd like a From Software game.  Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I just finished getting a platinum trophy in Bloodborne after having beaten all 3 Dark Souls games.  Turns out I'm a Soulsborne fan.

That’s impressive 

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

That's insane.  Does that include the expansion pack?  I tried DS3 right after Bloodborne.  Too defensive, fu@k that shield.  I gave up.  

I used to love turn based RPGs.  Still a fan of RPGs in general.  With all this video game talk I decided to fire up The Last of Us for the first time in two months.  Apparently my last save was in the middle of a firefight.  Couldn't remember controls... bloodbath.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I used to love turn based RPGs.  Still a fan of RPGs in general.  With all this video game talk I decided to fire up The Last of Us for the first time in two months.  Apparently my last save was in the middle of a firefight.  Couldn't remember controls... bloodbath.  

GREAT game!  A complete must play. 

10 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Agreed.  Very emotional storyline.  Great voice over as well (maybe the best), especially the main character.      

Asher Einhorn, the game designer from Naughty Dog has taken to Twitter to reveal his experience while working on the coming game, the designer said "I don't think I've ever been more excited about a game I'm working on WHILE I'm actually making it."

Yep - And per the developer Last of Us 2 is going to be unreal.  Naughty Dog tends to back up their talk.  Drawback is Joel will not be a playable character in Last of Us 2.  Game has been in development since 2014.  Hopes are it will be released in 2019, but that has not been confirmed.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:13 AM, GoPre said:

Asher Einhorn, the game designer from Naughty Dog has taken to Twitter to reveal his experience while working on the coming game, the designer said "I don't think I've ever been more excited about a game I'm working on WHILE I'm actually making it."

Yep - And per the developer Last of Us 2 is going to be unreal.  Naughty Dog tends to back up their talk.  Drawback is Joel will not be a playable character in Last of Us 2.  Game has been in development since 2014.  Hopes are it will be released in 2019, but that has not been confirmed.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

Most people probably have a popular game that they don't like.  For me, that's The Last of Us.  I really don't understand how it's popular.  Boring gameplay, boring characters, boring story, boring voice acting.  I forced myself about halfway through the game before I gave up, and even that was only because I was playing it with someone else.  Most overrated game possibly ever, to me.

4 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Most people probably have a popular game that they don't like.  For me, that's The Last of Us.  I really don't understand how it's popular.  Boring gameplay, boring characters, boring story, boring voice acting.  I forced myself about halfway through the game before I gave up, and even that was only because I was playing it with someone else.  Most overrated game possibly ever, to me.

I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever but I believe the character interaction (so far) & especially the voice over is top notch.  I'm a big RPG fan so character dynamics is important and I've been impressed.  Though like you said, to each his own.

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever but I believe the character interaction (so far) & especially the voice over is top notch.  I'm a big RPG fan so character dynamics is important and I've been impressed.  Though like you said, to each his own.

I've been playing RPGs since the NES days and I'm completely unimpressed.  Horrendously unlikable and predictable characters.  It's a damn shame after the fantastic intro, but then

the daughter dies and there's a 20 year time jump

and then the writing dies a more slow and painful death than the Bills' season this year.

To each his own.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

So I found out things about the RDR2 story I didn't want to know and now I've decided I'm not going to finish it lol

Also, Ace Combat 7 comes out today. Very exciting. I loved the originals way back in the day.

Yeah, I got spoiled too, but I'm finishing it. Man, chapter 6 is...depressing. But I also heard some stuff about an epilogue, so I'm going forward. Still, I've done just about everything else at this point, so now I'm just doing mission after mission and its not holding my attention as well.

Once I finish I'll probably restart and just leave a save sometime in chapter 2 or 3 so I can tool around and just do whatever I want.

4 minutes ago, sabills said:

Yeah, I got spoiled too, but I'm finishing it. Man, chapter 6 is...depressing. But I also heard some stuff about an epilogue, so I'm going forward. Still, I've done just about everything else at this point, so now I'm just doing mission after mission and its not holding my attention as well.

Once I finish I'll probably restart and just leave a save sometime in chapter 2 or 3 so I can tool around and just do whatever I want.

That's a good idea. I think I might do that with where I'm at currently. Make another save so I can go back and play around.