qwksndmonster

That feeling when you made it under the electric screen but still over/around the stone wall barrier...

What was the other spaceship game? It was 2d but you could shoot in all 4 directions and you flew through caves. It's driving me nuts.

Krupp! I have a nerd challenge for you. Why do you prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas? I've enjoyed way too many hours of both, but prefer New Vegas.

I love New Vegas. Obsidian is just better at story telling to me.

Kotor 2, New Vegas, Obsidian has that Bioware style of storytelling down.

A little story I have about video games. At different points in my life, I've been quite the addict. During my first marriage, I played a lot. GTA, Madden mostly. My step son came home from school one day with a remnants from a project. What does your mommy and daddy do? His answer for me was "he's really good at video games". I put the controller down that day and minus a little post divorce Renaissance, I haven't gone back.

I'm assuming some father's are posting in this thread. How do you manage gaming while having little ones look up to you?

A little story I have about video games. At different points in my life, I've been quite the addict. During my first marriage, I played a lot. GTA, Madden mostly. My step son came home from school one day with a remnants from a project. What does your mommy and daddy do? His answer for me was "he's really good at video games". I put the controller down that day and minus a little post divorce Renaissance, I haven't gone back.

I'm assuming some father's are posting in this thread. How do you manage gaming while having little ones look up to you?

You play when the wife and kids are asleep.

My closest friend is a huge gamer.  His kids are, too.  Basically, they all play together--except his wife, who just hangs out and watches the rest of them.  They don't watch TV; they play TV instead.  In the words of my Godson, "we're a video game family."

It's a little weird to me, but, hey, works for them.

What was the other spaceship game? It was 2d but you could shoot in all 4 directions and you flew through caves. It's driving me nuts.

Sorry, man, I've no idea.

My closest friend is a huge gamer.  His kids are, too.  Basically, they all play together--except his wife, who just hangs out and watches the rest of them.  They don't watch TV; they play TV instead.  In the words of my Godson, "we're a video game family."

It's a little weird to me, but, hey, works for them.

Sorry, man, I've no idea.

Took an hour of sleuthing but I found it. Vanguard.

Same way you manage banging their mom's.

I introduce my oldest son to games that we can play together. Initially it was a lot of the wii stuff, since his hands were too small for most current gen controllers. recently, we've been playing a lot of Minecraft, since that game can move at whatever pace you choose.

When they we're very young, I'd play NHL 11 and just hand them a controller that didn't have any batteries in it, they didn't know the difference and loved hanging out with dad.

My wife and our oldest have recently started playing through the Harry Potter Lego series. This is exceptionally awesome to me because my wife has never been a gamer, but they read the books together so I guess this was a logical next step.

25 years ago, it was my dad you introduced me to video games on the Atari. I think it's mostly making the decision to play WITH the little ones, rather than having them watch you play. Make them a part of it (even if it's just a dead controller).

Both of my kids get their shot at playing games. It's not something I hide from them.. Then again, I also coach hockey and baseball so it's not the only thing for which I am known.  I game a lot, it's my stress reliever.

Everything in moderation for them however.  It's all about balance.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd mention this since we've discussed Fallout in here.  Bethesda officially announced Fallout 4 today.  I cannot wait!

Did they mention what city they will be destroying this time?

Boston

A Buffalo sports fan's dream! :thumbsup:

Beyond yes on the announcement of Fallout 4! Pure awesomeness. And the fact that Boston is the city that gets blown a part makes it even better!  :beer:

Can't wait for Fallout 4! Soon I'll be cleaning up Chowda-town one ghoul at a time.

Since Fallout is the 1950's idealized world, then nuked I'd like to think Buffalo was a major metropolis in that universe. Bet you the Buffalo Bison hockey team won multiple Cups before 2077

:)

Can't wait for Fallout 4! Soon I'll be cleaning up Chowda-town one ghoul at a time.

Since Fallout is the 1950's idealized world, then nuked I'd like to think Buffalo was a major metropolis in that universe. Bet you the Buffalo Bison hockey team won multiple Cups before 2077

:)

Nitpick: Fallout 3 is the 1950's idealized world. The original Fallout (and Fallout 2) definitely had a bit of 50s flavor, but that was mixed with a pulp comic book feel.

I think I might get Fallout 4 (if it still comes out for 360). I played 3, never really finished, but I loved the heck out of it. Its been a loong time since I got a  game when it came out and got into it. 

Also gonna get NHL this year I think. We'll see.

I think I might get Fallout 4 (if it still comes out for 360). I played 3, never really finished, but I loved the heck out of it. Its been a loong time since I got a  game when it came out and got into it. 

Also gonna get NHL this year I think. We'll see.

Do you have a PS4 or Xbox One? Not sure if NHL 16 will be made for the 360 and PS3 this year. EA tries to make as much $ as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was also released on the 360 and PS4. Many didn't care for it, but I enjoyed NHL 15 on the PS4. Sure, lacked many of the features NHL fans enjoyed in the past, but the gameplay was great. That's what matters most to me. NHL 16 will have most, if not all, of the features back from previous games. Ha EA is getting so detailed they will now have players grow playoff beards! 

I do have a recommendation for Fallout 4. When it comes out, there are a couple of reasons to not buy it. One, there will probably be a few glitches that will need to be fixed after it's release. Most of the time a simple update can correct that. Two, downloadable content will be offered here and there. If you wait a year or so after Fallout 4's release, a game of the year or special edition will most likely be released. Glitches will be fixed and it will include downloadable content. Just a suggestion. I'll go the route of buying both. I don't like downloading games. Prefer to have a hard copy. 

Edited by Thanes16