qwksndmonster

A list, chronological:

Qbert (Apple)

Spyhunter (Apple)

Arkanoid (PC)

Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum (PC)

Leisure Suit Larry (PC)

Final Fantasy II (SNES)

Street Fighter turbo II (SNES)

Konami NFL (PC)

TIE Fighter (PC)

NHL 98 (PC)

Quake II (PC)

KOTOR (Xbox360)

Lego Star Wars (Xbox 360)

Skyrim (Xbox 360)

NHL 14 (Xbox360)

Silent Hill 2

System Shock 2

Bioshock, and Infinite

Half Life, Half Life 2, episodes, yadda yadda

Portal and Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

Battle for Middle Earth II

Minecraft

CoD 4

GTA: Vice City and GTA: 3 (Vice is best)

Deus Ex, and Deus Ex Human Revolution

Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 3 (NV is so much better)

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

SSX Tricky

Mass Effect (just the first one)

EV Nova

Diablo II

The Sims (just the first one)

Childhood inclusions:

Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Majorah's Mask.  I love them all equally.  I've had a lot of fun with TP and Skyward Sword, but I still haven't played through either of them all the way through.

Goldeneye

Counter Strike

Mario 64 (galaxy 1 and 2 are both awesome as well), Mario 2, Mario 3, Mario World, Super Mario Bros Wii (particularly awesome for my family because we are four siblings)

Super Smash Bros.  I like the N64 version most, then GC, then Wii.

Mario Kart.  The N64 was the version of my childhood.  The GC was the version of my physics class in high school (8 way races!).  The Wii version is awesome and the most readily available these days.

Adventure Island

1080 Snowboarding

Games in bold have stolen a part of my soul.

Right now I'm mostly playing Hearthstone and New Vegas.  Just recently freshly modded New Vegas, and am excited to start some new characters.  I'm contemplating a no kill run.

And props to sizzle for Wii bowling.  Good call.

Edited by qwksndmonster

There's a whole bunch of other games, I go back to the Atari 800xl days, but felt compelled to stay somewhat recent.

These days it takes me a while to get through a game. I'm still playing Skyrim and Far Cry 3. It didn't take long to go through Dishonored, though, and I'm an every-nook-and-cranny guy.

At least this way the games I want to play next are always cheap on Steam, unlike the games my kids like to play.

There's a whole bunch of other games, I go back to the Atari 800xl days, but felt compelled to stay somewhat recent.

These days it takes me a while to get through a game. I'm still playing Skyrim and Far Cry 3. It didn't take long to go through Dishonored, though, and I'm an every-nook-and-cranny guy.

At least this way the games I want to play next are always cheap on Steam, unlike the games my kids like to play.

Dishonored was so good.  And so disappointing.  It's just like Bethesda to make a beautiful game that's fun to play with terrible voice acting and little to no soul.  Really liked the Daud character. though.  The DLC where you played as him was awesome.  

I tried to get into Skyrim three seperate times now.  The role playing aspect of the game is pretty shallow, and all the quests basically revolve around going to a dungeon and killing mooks.  The dialogue is mind-numbingly bad and rarely offers you anything clever to say.  The game plays well, though.  Slinking through a dungeon with a bow, or dashing around smashing things with a hammer are equally rewarding.  I'm not crazy about the magic system.  And it's beautiful, of course.  Oh, Bethesda.

Edited by qwksndmonster

1: Goldeneye 64

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Mario Cart 64

4. Need for Speed 3

5: NHL '94

6: Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest

7: Knockout Kings 2000

8: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

9: NBA Courtside 2 feat. Kobe Bryant

10: NFL Blitz

I probably left off a few, but that's the gist of it. I like sports games and I didn't play much of anything else.

I do have a PS4. I am torn on buying too many games that end once you finish the story. Is it open world at all? That's why I love Jak 3 so much. If there was a remastered Jak 3 for PS4 I would still be playing it.

Unfortunately Remastered isn't open world. But the game play is great, and the story is fantastic. The way the relationship between the two main character evolves is gripping....rather emotional. Also does an incredible job of showing what would life may be like if mankind were to forced into anarchy. Picture The Walking Dead. 

If you loved Chrono Trigger, when you play FFVI, you will cry for not playing it sooner. It is 16-bit perfection.

Ok, I'm sold. Thanks changing my weekend plans! ha ha 

Agreed.  Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite RPG.  The SNES was amazing for RPGs.  Chrono Trigger, FF 4-6, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Lufia 1 and 2, Terranigma.... So many good ones.

How did I forget to mention Secret of Mana?! One of my all time favs. It's unfortunate Squaresoft is well....no longer Squaresoft. Yes, they did merge w/ Enix to form SquareEnix, but they haven't delivered a game that is on par w/ ones made in the SNES era. As a side note, a PS3 rpg I really enjoyed was Ni No Kuni. Sadly, turn based games have lost popularity. Games like Ni No Kuni are now few are far between. It's a must play if you're in to turn based rpgs. 

Edited by thanes16

1: Goldeneye 64

I can't count the number of nights that were wasted during college on this game. I don't think anything was funnier than doing a 4 person match with one hit kills and nothing but slappers. We always called that moment when you're circling each other trying to land the kill shot the "circle of death". That with slappers was pure comedy gold. Ok, it was actually funnier when you did have guns but one person was out of bullets.

6: Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest

Was this also a N64 game? I remember a couple different Griffey games over the years, but my friend and I had a ton of fun with the N64 one. We'd have a fantasy draft and play out a 4 team tournament.

Edited by shrader

I can't count the number of nights that were wasted during college on this game. I don't think anything was funnier than doing a 4 person match with one hit kills and nothing but slappers. We always called that moment when you're circling each other trying to land the kill shot the "circle of death". That with slappers was pure comedy gold. Ok, it was actually funnier when you did have guns but one person was out of bullets.

Was this also a N64 game? I remember a couple different Griffey games over the years, but my friend and I had a ton of fun with the N64 one. We'd have a fantasy draft and play out a 4 team tournament.

Goldeneye has held up action-wise as well. It's sitting in my N64 at my apartment ready to go.

Are you saying you didn't love Frog?

Definitely in my top ten, but that development team (It was mostly the same guys) achieved perfection in VI. CT was merely All-Time Great.

As a side note, I think IV was my favorite, not nearly as complete as VI gameplay-wise, but the story was so strong.

No favorite order but perhaps by time period:

Wings of Fury

Archon Ultra

The Battle of the Bulge: Tigers in the Snow

Leisure Suit Larry

Maniac Mansion

Ultima I-IV

Castle Wolfenstein (not 3D)

Joust

Karate Champ

Rocky

Zaxxon

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Age of Empires I & II

Bard's Tale

Neverwinter Nights

Far Cry 3

Dragon's Age 2

NHL '93-2013 (I have 2015 and hate it)

Diablo 3

Borderlands 2

Counterstrike

Halo

Half-Life (all of it)

Unreal (all of it)

Doom (all of it)

Forza

Assassin's Creed 3

There are probably a ton more.  I've played video games since having a Timex Sinclair 1000, then a Coleco Adam, Colecovision, Apple //c, an IBM XT on through to the latest computers today, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation, Atari 2600, and perhaps a few more I've forgotten at this point.

I'm on Xbox as InstantSpuds if you ever want to play.

WARHAWK on the PS3 was an amazing multi player game. Spent 300+ hours on that one

Played lots of Gran Turismo 3, The Uncharted series... the original SSX and SSX2 was uber fun

Right now all my game time goes into Clash of Clans and Boom Beach

Edited by ddaryl

I played a lot when I was a kid and really haven't played games since, despite making them for a living. I was never a super serious gamer- my sister (6 years my senior) has been a super hardcore gamer her entire life- to the point she wasted 4 years of her twenties playing WoW nonstop and nearly going on welfare. I think I avoided getting too into games from watching her. 

My favorites were and are (remember, I was like... 10)

Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger

New Horizons (snes)

Streets of Rage

Golden Axe ( on sega genesis)

Spyro the Dragon (I was a kid, cut me some slack)

Crash Bandicoot

Castlevania

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Pokemon Red

Ecco the Dolphin! Yeah! 

JetMoto

lots of flight simulators- I would literally take a Saturday and do some super longhaul 14 hour flight and set the weather to awful and just do that alllll day. I wanted to be a pilot so badly. 

Now it's just playing mariokart and smash with friends on the Wii. I just don't have the time/money to play these days. 

Edited by Josie914

Yeah Slugfest was N64.

Wth... no Pong fans? :P

Atari 800xl REPRESENT! (although we had a 400 before that; I still have the 800xl (and maybe the 400) in my basement)

I burnt out on games in my early 20s, after turning my desire to play Doom multiplayer (and building a LAN to do it (kids: this was before you could buy switches at a reasonable cost)) into a career in IT. Also, I think beer had something to do with it.