qwksndmonster

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Thanks. 20ms is definitely insane.

I was actually asking about this because my band has started rehearsing remotely. I just figured that there is way more money in video games than there is in bad cover bands over the internet, so the technology has to be better. I guess not.

We jam at about 30ms. Even 4 or 5 milliseconds more makes it unusable. I’m still amazed we can do it at all.

You cover one band or a bunch?

20 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Just FYI for those interested in the Final Fantasy VII Remake, since it's not obvious if you don't follow gaming: the remake is not the entire game. They took the opening city of the game, Midgar, and made that an entire fleshed out game by itself.

Are you serious?  Are they intending on making installments to cover the entire game or is the storyline a deviation?

3 hours ago, LTS said:

It wasn't for me.  Just... I dunno, not for me.  It looks great.  I know a lot of friends like it.  But I really couldn't get past learning the basic controls before I didn't want to touch the game again.  And so it sits on my PS4, consuming disk space, having only been played perhaps for a total of 3 hours, including the online piece.

Depends on what kinds of games you like as to what I would recommend.  Also, what system are you on?

I just played Ori and the Blind Forest (on PC, but it's on Xbox too) and I loved it.  I actually completed 100% of it, not just the story but got every power up and hit all of the map.  Only game I've ever done that on.  I am onto Ori and the Will of the Wisps now.

On PS4 I played the ever loving hell out of Horizon Zero Dawn.  You can pick that up for super cheap now.  It's excellent.

I got all the consoles. Ps4, xboxone, alienware m17. 

Like shooters, space opera stuff, sci fi fantasy. Historical things too. Thanks for the response LTS.

Stay safe

39 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

space opera stuff

Jedi: Fallen Order

39 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

sci fi fantasy.

Outer Worlds

40 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Historical things too

I’m currently really enjoying Assassins Creed: Odyssey. Set in Ancient Greece.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SwampD said:

Thanks. 20ms is definitely insane.

I was actually asking about this because my band has started rehearsing remotely. I just figured that there is way more money in video games than there is in bad cover bands over the internet, so the technology has to be better. I guess not.

We jam at about 30ms. Even 4 or 5 milliseconds more makes it unusable. I’m still amazed we can do it at all.

Yeah, and to jam together you need to send far more information across the pipes than a game does.  Hell, just trying to do recording on a PC without proper drivers can make it difficult. I spent a good amount of money back in the day I used to use my laptop for many of the VSTs I ran and had to source out the ASIO to an external box just to keep the latency low enough locally.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, darksabre said:

I think I'm coming around on the John Marston epilogue in RDR2. I think I've finished mourning Arthur lol 

Don’t get too attached to John...

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

Anyone complete Final Fantasy 12?  Any recommendations for the gambit system used?  Picked it up for the Nintendo Switch. 

I played it back on it’s original release on PS2. You get used to it over time. You may want to look up some random guides online to get the most out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

ughh.... Just take my money Naughty Dog (game developer)!!

Last of Us 2 will be released next week and I cannot wait.  Has a 96 on metacritic! 

Last of Us 1 was an incredible game.  The gameplay, story, graphics, soundtrack, acting, etc.... were amazing.  Easily one of the greatest games of all time.  In my top 5 for sure.  Enjoyed so much I almost did not want a sequel made, but now I am glad Naughty Dog went for it.  

Critics are calling Last of Us 2 an experience.  A true must play.  A true don’t miss out.  

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

Last of Us 1 was an incredible game.  The gameplay, story, graphics, soundtrack, acting, etc.... were amazing.  Easily one of the greatest games of all time.

Counter opinion: The Last of Us is easily one of the most overrated games of all time. How you can call the gameplay amazing is so beyond my comprehension it isn't even funny. The graphics and soundtrack were definitely good and the voice actors nailed what the story asked of them. But the story was bad and the gameplay even worse, which are generally the two things I care most about in a video game.

8 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Counter opinion: The Last of Us is easily one of the most overrated games of all time. How you can call the gameplay amazing is so beyond my comprehension it isn't even funny. The graphics and soundtrack were definitely good and the voice actors nailed what the story asked of them. But the story was bad and the gameplay even worse, which are generally the two things I care most about in a video game.

As many say, to each his own.

Edited by GoPre