qwksndmonster

I finished up Styx: Shards of Darkness a little while ago but have been replaying of few of the levels I feel I could have done a better job on. I forgot how damn funny the cutscene are when you die. WARNING. This contains a one Fbomb and a generally piss poor attitude. Really fun game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I finished up Styx: Shards of Darkness a little while ago but have been replaying of few of the levels I feel I could have done a better job on. I forgot how damn funny the cutscene are when you die. WARNING. This contains a one Fbomb and a generally piss poor attitude. Really fun game. 

How was the Mr Roboto boss fights?

I'm not much of a gamer.  But tonight, I plugged in my Wii (PA and Ink, just resist the urges) for the first time in a while.  I love Mario Kart.  I love Tiger Woods '08 golf. I even love the baseball game that came with the system.  These are not games from my childhood (Atari and Intellivision and NES would be); these are just fun.  

I try to play games on friends' Xbox or Playstation or whatever and just can't.  It's such a giant learning curve with so many control options.

I'm glad the Wii still works!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm not much of a gamer.  But tonight, I plugged in my Wii (PA and Ink, just resist the urges) for the first time in a while.  I love Mario Kart.  I love Tiger Woods '08 golf. I even love the baseball game that came with the system.  These are not games from my childhood (Atari and Intellivision and NES would be); these are just fun.  

I try to play games on friends' Xbox or Playstation or whatever and just can't.  It's such a giant learning curve with so many control options.

I'm glad the Wii still works!

Now you have me wanting to play some intellivision.

• Like (+1) 1

I just ordered a Switch and Zelda BOTW & Link's Awakening

I do considering my experience with A Link to the Past, c. 1993, to be life-changing, and playing Ocarina of Time in 1999 was transcendent.

So far, BOTW is bringing me back to that place that OOT took me too. So glad I got it. Wife not so much.

48 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I just ordered a Switch and Zelda BOTW & Link's Awakening

I do considering my experience with A Link to the Past, c. 1993, to be life-changing, and playing Ocarina of Time in 1999 was transcendent.

So far, BOTW is bringing me back to that place that OOT took me too. So glad I got it. Wife not so much.

Link to the Past was the game that got me hooked on the Zelda franchise.  Have enjoyed every Legend of Zelda on console since.  

What I enjoyed most about BOTW is being able to go anywhere and everywhere.  Your choice in what Divine Beast you want to defeat first.  Finding/figuring out the shrines is a lot of fun too.  120 can be found.  

Have fun w/ BOTW.  Won’t be disappointed.  

Edited by GoPre
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Now you have me wanting to play some intellivision.

I'm not sure about Intellivision, but here is a load of console classics from the late '70s to '90s:  https://archive.org/details/consolelivingroom  

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

Like riding a bike my friend.  Just need to get back on.

I never rode those bikes, is what I'm trying to say.  I topped out with Sega Genesis:  one direction pad and three buttons.  Controllers today have two joysticks, four buttons, four triggers, and probably other stuff, from what I observed while trying to play Call of Duty recently.  (No, I did not fare well.)  

But there will be Mario Kart tonight!

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I'm not sure about Intellivision, but here is a load of console classics from the late '70s to '90s:  https://archive.org/details/consolelivingroom  

I bought my brother a throw back intellivision system for Christmas a couple years ago that had something like 50 game on it. That’s what I need right now. 

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I bought my brother a throw back intellivision system for Christmas a couple years ago that had something like 50 game on it. That’s what I need right now. 

I need it too.  Please provide a link so I can get one!

18 hours ago, shrader said:

I think I found it randomly at target

9 hours ago, carpandean said:

Intellivision-Flashback.jpg

Was released in 2014, so buying from Ebay (and the like) seems to be your only option.

OK then please give me shrader's brother's address.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Ff7 remake, check

Irish old fashioned, check

Shelter in home orders, sure

I played the original 3 disc PS1 version long long ago... I loved that game. When I went to sell the game, little did I know it was a “hot” item at the time. I sold it for $60 at GameStop. They turned around and had it on the shelf for sale for $90. I’m sure it sold too. The remake looks interesting....

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Does anyone play games online against other folk?

If so, can you tell what the latency you are dealing with is?

If so, what is it usually and when is it too much to be acceptable?

Just curious.

I do. and it really depends on the game.  I mean, as networking stands, latency is the real enemy of it all. But, let's say I am playing FortNite.  It makes a real difference if you get on NA-East servers versus further West.  I play with friends from coast to coast, so it varies and inevitably people on either coast due worse when they are on the servers the opposite side of them.

Last weekend I was playing at 20ms ping. (insane?).  I was far more successful than I was the other night when it was 135ms.  It wasn't even worth playing.  I can't get my ping in Warzone, but it makes a huge difference there as well.

Every game is different and in reality there is far more to the calculation than just latency.  This is a really great write up of all the factors that go into things and while it's written for Overwatch the variables remain the same.

Now, go read about how Valorant is being set up.  Riot Games, over the past few years, has been buying up large 10G-100G waves between major data centers (link is to part two of their vision and creation) to create their own network that is "off the Internet".  The concept was to get the gamer to the closest interconnection and then transfer traffic onto a private wavelength that did not compete with other Internet traffic.  Essentially building out the "E-SportsNet".  Any game, in theory, could be put onto this network.

1 minute ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Thinking about getting Red Dead Redemption  2. Any gamers have thoughts recommendations on this or any other game. Getting sick of Madden. Thanks all stay safe. 

It wasn't for me.  Just... I dunno, not for me.  It looks great.  I know a lot of friends like it.  But I really couldn't get past learning the basic controls before I didn't want to touch the game again.  And so it sits on my PS4, consuming disk space, having only been played perhaps for a total of 3 hours, including the online piece.

Depends on what kinds of games you like as to what I would recommend.  Also, what system are you on?

I just played Ori and the Blind Forest (on PC, but it's on Xbox too) and I loved it.  I actually completed 100% of it, not just the story but got every power up and hit all of the map.  Only game I've ever done that on.  I am onto Ori and the Will of the Wisps now.

On PS4 I played the ever loving hell out of Horizon Zero Dawn.  You can pick that up for super cheap now.  It's excellent.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I was hoping to get Horizon Zero Dawn after I finish the other three that I've started and haven't finished.  Tended to play in spurts and then just didn't have time resulting me in forgetting about them.

For PS4 I highly recommend Bloodborne for a serious challenge.  The last couple of Resident Evils were good.  Also the newest God of War has been a lot of fun.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I do. and it really depends on the game.  I mean, as networking stands, latency is the real enemy of it all. But, let's say I am playing FortNite.  It makes a real difference if you get on NA-East servers versus further West.  I play with friends from coast to coast, so it varies and inevitably people on either coast due worse when they are on the servers the opposite side of them.

Last weekend I was playing at 20ms ping. (insane?).  I was far more successful than I was the other night when it was 135ms.  It wasn't even worth playing.  I can't get my ping in Warzone, but it makes a huge difference there as well.

Every game is different and in reality there is far more to the calculation than just latency.  This is a really great write up of all the factors that go into things and while it's written for Overwatch the variables remain the same.

Now, go read about how Valorant is being set up.  Riot Games, over the past few years, has been buying up large 10G-100G waves between major data centers (link is to part two of their vision and creation) to create their own network that is "off the Internet".  The concept was to get the gamer to the closest interconnection and then transfer traffic onto a private wavelength that did not compete with other Internet traffic.  Essentially building out the "E-SportsNet".  Any game, in theory, could be put onto this network.

Thanks. 20ms is definitely insane.

I was actually asking about this because my band has started rehearsing remotely. I just figured that there is way more money in video games than there is in bad cover bands over the internet, so the technology has to be better. I guess not.

We jam at about 30ms. Even 4 or 5 milliseconds more makes it unusable. I’m still amazed we can do it at all.