qwksndmonster

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

Fallen Order was fantastic. Every nook and cranny...looking forward to a dlc or sequel. There are rumors of both. Went on to Styx:Shards of Darkness. It was free on Gold so I tried it. Never played a stealth game before but I liked it. The story was ***** up as was the goblin that you played as. The ending was bizarre but fitting. Going to give the Outer Worlds a try next. Red dead redemption looks cool. Couple of free ones coming up on Gold I haven’t played yet. I added 2tb external storage so I’m not shy about downloading free stuff.

I’ve been wanting to give Outer Worlds a try.  Made by the developers of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  2 classics.  
When it comes to gaming I go the George Constanza route.  Game I’m playing depends on the mood I’m in.  So basically it comes down to playing action adventure like Tomb Raider, RPG like Skyrim, or a sports game like Madden 20.  Those are the games I’m currently playing.  
I’ve played through Skyrim before, so might quit that and pick up Outer Worlds.  

6 hours ago, GoPre said:

I’ve been wanting to give Outer Worlds a try.  Made by the developers of Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  2 classics.  
When it comes to gaming I go the George Constanza route.  Game I’m playing depends on the mood I’m in.  So basically it comes down to playing action adventure like Tomb Raider, RPG like Skyrim, or a sports game like Madden 20.  Those are the games I’m currently playing.  
I’ve played through Skyrim before, so might quit that and pick up Outer Worlds.  

Outer Worlds is good.. but not great.  It's lacking in the combat department.  The conversation, while engaging, I found never varied enough.  So, even if i wanted to be a jerk as opposed to being a nice guy, it never felt different for me.

Still, it was fun to play.

22 hours ago, GoPre said:

Jedi Fallen Order was a great game start to finish.  Finished my first play through this morning.  Highly recommend this game.  Story and gameplay were fantastic.  Maybe best Star Wars game ever?  Never played Knights of the Old Republic.  Battlefront 2 in the PS2 days was a must play. 

Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider today.  I expected a let down because of reviews in 2018, but right now I’m enjoying it very much.  Game play isn’t as shoot em’ up as the first two, but it’s still a blast. Glad I did not pass on this game.  

If you have even a minimal interest in RPGs, you owe it to yourself to play. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If you have even a minimal interest in RPGs, you owe it to yourself to play. 

If it’s ever brought to the PlayStation I will definitely play it.   Have always wanted to play KOTOR, but didn’t have an Xbox.  
EA will be releasing 4 remasters through March of 2021.  I hope the Mass Effect Trilogy is one of the 4.  But KOTOR is the game I want most.  

13 hours ago, GoPre said:

If it’s ever brought to the PlayStation I will definitely play it.   Have always wanted to play KOTOR, but didn’t have an Xbox.  
EA will be releasing 4 remasters through March of 2021.  I hope the Mass Effect Trilogy is one of the 4.  But KOTOR is the game I want most.  

If it's a trilogy, wouldn't that be 3 of 4?

I have Mass Effect 1 on Origin but never played more than an hour of it. I'd like a remake/remaster as well because it's a bit dated this days.

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

If it's a trilogy, wouldn't that be 3 of 4?

I have Mass Effect 1 on Origin but never played more than an hour of it. I'd like a remake/remaster as well because it's a bit dated this days.

Andromeda is a brand new story in a separate part of the universe.  

• 1 month later...

I finished up The Outer Worlds a while ago. It was interesting. I agree with @LTS' assessment of the combat. It was pretty much just hack n whack. It was boring enough that I let my companions handle it and stepped in if they needed me. I'll probably go back to a few key moments and replay the other alternative. 

I moved on to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I've never played a Creed game before but this is just about the most awesome RPG I've ever played. I got it for $15 on Live Gold thinking it was a crap shoot if I'd like it....and I don't like it......I friggin LOVE it! The only complaint would be that the quest types on message boards start to repeat if you hang around one town for an extended time but the next time your back there's fresh stuff. Combat is similar to Fallen Order but not as challenging. Sailing the high seas with my merry band of hooligans singing all the way. Riding by horse along olive groves, feasting the eyes on the ancient Greek art. The available world is massive. This is a must play game.

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I finished up The Outer Worlds a while ago. It was interesting. I agree with @LTS' assessment of the combat. It was pretty much just hack n whack. It was boring enough that I let my companions handle it and stepped in if they needed me. I'll probably go back to a few key moments and replay the other alternative. 

I moved on to Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I've never played a Creed game before but this is just about the most awesome RPG I've ever played. I got it for $15 on Live Gold thinking it was a crap shoot if I'd like it....and I don't like it......I friggin LOVE it! The only complaint would be that the quest types on message boards start to repeat if you hang around one town for an extended time but the next time your back there's fresh stuff. Combat is similar to Fallen Order but not as challenging. Sailing the high seas with my merry band of hooligans singing all the way. Riding by horse along olive groves, feasting the eyes on the ancient Greek art. The available world is massive. This is a must play game.

There's a point in the Creed games where it gets repetitive and more importantly you can combat your way through almost anything.  They are a lot of fun to run around in however.  I do enjoy them.

I remember games like Space Invaders, Pac-man, Galaga, and Centipede.

Now, on my Andriod, I've been playing Gummy Drop. Interesting storyline/travel itinerary, to say the least. I try to avoid games made by Voodoo and Popcore because they're incredibly boring. With those developers, if you've seen one of their games, you've seen them all.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, LTS said:

There's a point in the Creed games where it gets repetitive and more importantly you can combat your way through almost anything.  They are a lot of fun to run around in however.  I do enjoy them.

I must really suck then because I'm two levels above everyone I encounter and still find combat challenging?.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I must really suck then because I'm two levels above everyone I encounter and still find combat challenging?.

Heh.  There's a point where it can be ridiculous, but you can generally get along if you run, roll, and block a lot to get through.  If you get too many people with guns then it begins to be difficult.  Most of the time I find you can lure them away and just kill them.  The AI isn't always the best.

You'll get there.  

6 hours ago, LTS said:

Heh.  There's a point where it can be ridiculous, but you can generally get along if you run, roll, and block a lot to get through.  If you get too many people with guns then it begins to be difficult.  Most of the time I find you can lure them away and just kill them.  The AI isn't always the best.

You'll get there.  

Don't know if you've played Odyssey or not but it's set in ancient Greece so no guns(which I would have a lot easier time with). I do so love, though, lurking outside a bandit camp whistling until they get all pissed off and come looking for me. "That whistling's really pissing me off!" Makes me laugh at the variety of insults they hurl at me, then I slit their throats.

My current mental escape is Crossout.  It can be a grind to gain experience/coins/equipment if you don't spend a little cash (I put in less than I would pay for a full game) and the in-game "physics" aren't always spot-on (pretty good, though), but as an engineer, the vehicle design aspect is so appealing.  There are so many ways to design and customize your "car" (loose term, since it really includes cars, trucks, tanks, hoverers, spiders/walkers, etc) that you can literally spend hours just on that.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I look at this thread and realize that I'm still playing NHL 15 because I'm too cheap to upgrade from my old 360 to Xbox one ??

Give me old school Legend of Zelda on Nintendo, and I'm good to go 

I was asking around on Twitter today what people recommend as a first-person shooter I can play online because the last game I played like that was SOCOM 2 on PS2 like...17 years ago? I have an XBOX One, but I'm really not getting my money's worth out of it ?

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I have an XBOX One, but I'm really not getting my money's worth out of it

I coughed up the $60 for a 2TB external drive and download every single free game offered on Live. So far only one real stinker. Lot's of discounted games too. Odyssey was only $15. Looked into the backwards compatible games and found two of my old school favorites from pc gaming...Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and KOTOR. I use the Spectrum app all the time when my wife is watching AGT or the Voice. Also, getting an Xbox gave me a good excuse to claim the loft as mine?.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I look at this thread and realize that I'm still playing NHL 15 because I'm too cheap to upgrade from my old 360 to Xbox one ??

You've got me tempted to look into one of those mini nintendo things that were released a year or two ago.  That would be fun right around now.

For now, I'll stick with Injustice, which I just picked up last week.  I  pretty much hate the fighting games because I suck at them, but I'm a Batman junky so I had to grab that game all these years later.  I recently read through the comic series, so I should at least see how that all ends.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This is where I'm at as well. NHL 12 went into the 360 some time ago and started up a campaign to replace all the NHL teams with European teams. Then, the Hamburg Freezers began their affiliation with Rochester. Good times. I was tracking to see what sort of progress was made by the players and picks. Did they become as good as the NHL players once were? Did their salaries work? Did certain draft picks become stars? One fun thing is that the system kept some of those young players and allowed them to be drafted without their likeness and with different stats. For example, I drafted a Nathan MacKinnon that's like 6'5" or something with the final pick of the 2013 entry draft instead of 1st overall. But he's got good stats. I assume he'd have been a top 5 in 2014.

17 hours ago, Ogre said:

Don't know if you've played Odyssey or not but it's set in ancient Greece so no guns(which I would have a lot easier time with). I do so love, though, lurking outside a bandit camp whistling until they get all pissed off and come looking for me. "That whistling's really pissing me off!" Makes me laugh at the variety of insults they hurl at me, then I slit their throats.

Fair point... no guns.  But yeah.. the insults are cool.  I have not played Odyssey.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I was asking around on Twitter today what people recommend as a first-person shooter I can play online because the last game I played like that was SOCOM 2 on PS2 like...17 years ago? I have an XBOX One, but I'm really not getting my money's worth out of it ?

Are you looking for single player experience in an FPS?  I have played WarZone.. I liked it, but its all multi-player, battle royale.  I played on PC but its cross-platform, etc.