Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I may sound Canadian but you spell like someone in kindergarten.

Had you tried harder and ended up in third like the Oilers did, you'd have McDavid, a much better player.

Fairly certain you lose an argument on the Internet when your first counter point is a spelling error. Sorry I typed payed instead of paid.

The Canadian comment is exactly about what you wrote after. McDavid is a better player. But every single person I've ever read or heard from Canada anointed McDavid the 2nd coming. The tank was not and never will have been about getting McDavid. It was always about guaranteeing Jack at worst.

Also, your final statement about finishing 3rd and picking first makes no sense. GMTM should have known the 3rd place team would win the lottery? Lol come on man, at least try.

I wouldn't trade Kane for Armia, Roslovic, Stafford and whatever the other player was. Oh Lemieux. Hmmm I do like Lemieux but meh, I'd rather be rid of Myers and Drew. Stafford desperately needed a change.

Finally Kane being a cancer, he might be bad in the room but no Sabres have said that yet and besides, he's not this teams leader or go to guy. If Kane is a cancer you bet tim bits to Popsicles he's traded. His off ice issues raise concerns but I trust GMTM.

Bottom line, Winnipeg won the trade and has a decent group of prospects. Overall though, losing Myers and Stafford helped secure Eichel and Winnipeg wishes they had a center of his caliber.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Hate to troll but...

facts and math...

It is fact the Oilers finished 3rd last and won the lottery with those odds....had the Sabres tried harder to win and finished 3rd, they would have won the lottery and got McDavid.

Get a grip. I am Canadian so I am not sure what the comment was supposed to mean. I sound Canadian? Um.......... okay? The point of the thread is the trade. Classic technique....not sure I have been on the internet long enough to know anything classic on here.

Yes, Canadian. The media, fans, and all Canada loves Connor. They completely ignore Eichel. Which is exactly what you did. Finish 3rd would have gotten McDavid. .. maybe, if the same draft lottery occurred but finish last and guarantee Eichel? I finish last every single time.

Hate to troll but...

facts and math...

It is fact the Oilers finished 3rd last and won the lottery with those odds....had the Sabres tried harder to win and finished 3rd, they would have won the lottery and got McDavid.

And again, how would anyone know this prior to the draft lottery? Imagine being Arizona, they got Strome who's a level below jack at least.

Hate to troll but...

facts and math...

Actually, unless you have a way of guaranteeing that the Sabres' randomized #'s would have been the same as the Eulers in this alternative reality you appear to be asking us to enter & you can also guarantee that the same combo would've come up, you can't say that. You can only say their probabilities heading into the lottery would've been lower. No way to guarantee the post-lottery 100% of 1 for the team that sold Gretzky & the Sabres 100% chance of Eichel prior to the lottery is there if the final standings scrambled.

Is the cat dead or alive? Observing alters the outcome. We don't know the outcome in your alternative. You've made an assumption, but it's a poor one.

:beer:

Keep Eichel, I am happy with Scheifele.

Everyone I know regardless of nationality knows McDavid is better and it isn't because he is Canadian...it is because he is better.

Lol I've acknowledged how great McDavid is. He's a 10. Jack's a 9.5 but if I'm given the odds between 15% McDavid, or 85% Strome versus 20% Connor 80% Eichel, I take the better odds.

Btw Schefiele who I like as a player, he's about a 8.

We can go back n forth all day. By trading 2 legit nhl players for an injured Kane and healthy Bogosian, the Sabres insured they would finish last which as I argued in the tank thread guaranteed Eichel at worst. Yes, we probably lost the trade itself but no amount of revisionist what ifs make me regret the deal.

It has happened and it is fact...don't you understand?

the third place team had such and such odds to win 1st overall and did.....the Sabres should have tried harder to win....why play in a losing atmosphere anyway, try to win at least.

Can't remember the exact date but Scheif was the 3rd highest scoring player in the league after the new year? ASG? TD? can't remember which but I think it coincided with Little being hurt and Scheif having to take on the 1C role. If that is an 8, you are a hard grader...

the third place team had such and such odds to win 1st overall and did.....the Sabres should have tried harder to win....why play in a losing atmosphere anyway, try to win at least.

Can't remember the exact date but Scheif was the 3rd highest scoring player in the league after the new year? ASG? TD? can't remember which but I think it coincided with Little being hurt and Scheif having to take on the 1C role. If that is an 8, you are a hard grader...

But again why or how could Tim Murray know prior to the lottery team #3 would win? That's the part you don't get. He guaranteed Eichel at worst which was the point.

Lol, I once saw drew Stafford score 3 hat tricks in a month. I like Scheifele, but he's an 8 and I do grade harsh. Sean Monahan I love, he's a 8.5

Edited by LGR4GM

Because I started a sentence with because?

Surprised you know that it is grammatically incorrect....a bit different than paid and payed though.

By the way, a country of what? 350 million? and Trump and Clinton are the two best candidates you can come up with? Really??????

Wasn't it Bush that couldn't spell potato?

I think you are trying that classic technique...

Because I started a sentence with because?

Surprised you know that it is grammatically incorrect....a bit different than paid and payed though.

Spelling you're fine with. You might want to brush up on the probability thing.

Well, obviously you don't but what I am saying is that you should NEVER stop trying to win.

Monahan needs to play more physical. Especially in this conference.

It's always been fun...

I think not trying to win and icing a team that can't win are separate things.

No one cares about 1 misspelled word. That happens a lot around here.

Point 1: Hindsight is 20/20, but that doesn't make much of an argument.

Point 2: I think Luke Adam was near the top of the NHL in scoring for awhile, I hope for your sake Scheif (can I call him Sheif?) doesn't follow the same path.

Ducky, could GMTM known prior to the lottery coming in 3rd would net McDavid? The answer is no, so he iced a terrible team to have the best odds at him and to guarantee Eichel. What about that confuses you? Saying finishing 3rd would have netted McDavid doesn't make sense because we didn't know that outcome until after the season.