Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Could someone just lock this thread. We'll continue to go in circles cause Ducky has a cross to bare. It is possible that 5 or 6 years from now we can say that so and so won the trade but who really cares ? We got rid of Staff and Myers and guaranteed ourselves Eichel which was a damn fine consolation prize. Winnipeg has a good group of prospects and so does Buff. Both teams are on an upward trajectory even though the peg took a slight step back last season. But Ducky God bless him will continue to troll the entire board every chance he sees an opening. That is pretty much guaranteed.

Implying that Kaner helped you increase 27 points??? You are losing credibility fast....

Staf outplayed him for God's sake man. He is an arrogant little pr$%k that feels he is entitled. Have you heard the reports on what he was saying that night? Do you really want this guy on your team?

Losing Kane (a 3rd liner here by the way) didn't make us lose 21 points believe me.

I honestly wouldn't give you Staf for KAne and I don't want Staf playing RW for us this year.

Listen close cuz I am typing slow...

C A N C E R

Stafford didn't outplay Kane. Stafford was atrocious defensively, for one. And Kane's PPG was also higher. Kane was an impact player for us and Stafford was an on ice canc..sorry, C A N C E R for the Jets.

Seriously, why do you guys continue to engage him? I don't get it...

It's because originally there was debate about whether or not Ducky was trolling. Pretty obvious, now. He's getting his kicks from dumping on our players, our team's strategy in the tanking years, and criticizing the way the fans here choose to view the trade.

He refers to Kane as "Kaner" when he's not in the news, within his 1 post every few months when he's a non-story, then if something pops up you better believe the trade thread is back at the top of the page, except he's not Kaner anymore, he's a low life, or a cancer, or whatever term of choice Ducky wants to use at that point, most recently "pr*ick" was, I believe, his word of choice.

He's going onto a Sabres message board and calling one of our players a pr*ck, and saying we as fans are blind in our thinking.

The guy is a troll. He's trolling. His behaviour is trollish.

Fairly certain you lose an argument on the Internet when your first counter point is a spelling error. Sorry I typed payed instead of paid.

The Canadian comment is exactly about what you wrote after. McDavid is a better player. But every single person I've ever read or heard from Canada anointed McDavid the 2nd coming. The tank was not and never will have been about getting McDavid. It was always about guaranteeing Jack at worst.

Also, your final statement about finishing 3rd and picking first makes no sense. GMTM should have known the 3rd place team would win the lottery? Lol come on man, at least try.

I wouldn't trade Kane for Armia, Roslovic, Stafford and whatever the other player was. Oh Lemieux. Hmmm I do like Lemieux but meh, I'd rather be rid of Myers and Drew. Stafford desperately needed a change.

Finally Kane being a cancer, he's might be bad in the room but no Sabres have said that yet and besides, he's not this teams leader or go to guy. If Kane is a cancer you get tim bits to Popsicles he's traded. His off ice issues raise concerns but I trust GMTM.

Bottom line, Winnipeg won the trade and has a decent group of prospects. Overall though, losing Myers and Stafford helped secure Eichel and Winnipeg wishes they had a center of his caliber.

But please don't lump all us Canadians together :p

Don't judge us by Ducky, please.

Keep Eichel, I am happy with Scheifele.

Everyone I know regardless of nationality knows McDavid is better and it isn't because he is Canadian...it is because he is better.

How many points did Scheifele have in his first pro season? Are we officially debating the merits of Mark freaking Scheifele verses Jack Eichel?

That's right, it's not a debate, it's just trolling by Ducky.

Edited by Thorny

It has happened and it is fact...don't you understand?

the third place team had such and such odds to win 1st overall and did.....the Sabres should have tried harder to win....why play in a losing atmosphere anyway, try to win at least.

Can't remember the exact date but Scheif was the 3rd highest scoring player in the league after the new year? ASG? TD? can't remember which but I think it coincided with Little being hurt and Scheif having to take on the 1C role. If that is an 8, you are a hard grader...

It's fact that any other 28th place team in an alternate universe would have ended up with the same random # series that the Eulers ended up w/ & that same 4 ball combo that came up in our reality would've come up in whatever world Ted Nolan could've gotten about 7 more points out of the hound's breakfast he was dealt?

Please tell us, who's the PM in that world? Pretty sure it ain't Pierre's kid. ;)

Did Kasisch actually put together a reasonable campaign so we've got an adult in the mix today in that world? (Probably wouldn't be that lucky to have won twice. But, hey, you never know.)

During those moments when I get down and start feeling sorry for myself, one way I cheer-up and realize I have it pretty good and start being grateful is to consider that I don't live in Winnipeg.

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.  

During those moments when I get down and start feeling sorry for myself, one way I cheer-up and realize I have it pretty good and start being grateful is to consider that I don't live in Winnipeg.

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

You could be Thorny, not only living there but a Buffalo fan as well. Schadenfreude, schadenfreude. :p

(Sorry, Thorny. :beer:)

Waitaminnit!

I leave together some exercise and you guys continue with out me.

48 point differential in the standings Ducky.

Schiefele emerged you rid yourselves of the cancer of Kane and you dropped 21 points and missed the playoffs. We improved by 27 points despite the fact Stafford, I'm told, outplayed Kane.

Tell me again why Kane leaving automatically made the Jets better.

I'm having trouble seeing how they were better.

I mean I understand the theory, I just don't see the evidence.

Maybe the fact that your dressing room leader comes to camp weighing 280 and gets busted for drunk driving is something you should look into. Maybe you traded the wrong cancer.

I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas to better understand the situation, seeing what sticks here. Your team has been very disappointing since the trade.

Edited by dudacek

You could be Thorny, not only living there but a Buffalo fan as well. Schadenfreude, schadenfreude. :p

(Sorry, Thorny. :beer:)

It does get tough.

But it's actually a pretty nice city when it's not the dead of winter, aside from the crummy NHL team and it's often insufferable fans. I needed that beer though so, cheers. :beer:

Waitaminnit!

I leave together some exercise and you guys continue with out me.

48 point differential in the standings Ducky.

Schiefele emerged you rid yourselves of the cancer of Kane and you dropped 21 points and missed the playoffs. We improved by 27 points despite the fact Stafford, I'm told, outplayed Kane.

Tell me again why Kane leaving automatically made the Jets better.

I'm having trouble seeing how they were better.

I mean I understand the theory, I just don't see the evidence.

Maybe the fact that your dressing room leader comes to camp weighing 280 and gets busted for drunk driving is something you should look into. Maybe you traded the wrong cancer.

I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas to better understand the situation, seeing what sticks here. Your team has been very disappointing since the trade.

People here are actually very unperturbed with the fact that the Jets took a huge step backward. They are already settling nicely into the, "oh, there's always next year, next year's our year" mentality. Just like with our CFL football team (who I do like), who are on an incredible run of failure (no championship in 26 years in what, until very recently, was an 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs), people are becoming accepting of the futility.

Could someone just lock this thread. We'll continue to go in circles cause Ducky has a cross to bare. It is possible that 5 or 6 years from now we can say that so and so won the trade but who really cares ? We got rid of Staff and Myers and guaranteed ourselves Eichel which was a damn fine consolation prize. Winnipeg has a good group of prospects and so does Buff. Both teams are on an upward trajectory even though the peg took a slight step back last season. But Ducky God bless him will continue to troll the entire board every chance he sees an opening. That is pretty much guaranteed.

It's time to end this thread. This trade is ancient history.