Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I believe Kane will be a rejuvinated player come next season. He hasn't wanted to be in Winnipeg since the Thrashers moved there, and a lot of the stories we hear is simply Kane being made a scapegoat by the Winnipeg media.

Think he'll have a lot of you surprised.

PLUS, Myers has a NMC/NTC that kicks in next season...

Edited by Sam

From an NHL perspective, Kane and Bogosian clearly beats Stafford and Myers, the question is, did we give up too much potential to make that upgrade? I think we may have.

That said, Kane Reinhart Ennis might be fun to watch.

Biggest trade since Mogilny, maybe even since Turgeon/Lafontaine.

The culture change from Regier is complete.

GMTM just put his stamp on the team. Ennis is the only player of any significance left that you'll call Darcy's

Good post.

I think this also telegraphs that Nolan is going to be here for at least the beginning of next season. You don't grab a player like Kane, with his overhead, and not have someone here who can exercise his demons.

Again, what makes this an overpayment to me is the first. A lot of people seem to think Lemieux was too much to give up...eh, I think the first was more valuable.

I assume 11 will chime in when he's done doing his happy dance.

Seems like a little more than what I'd have given up, but we'll see. It's a big gamble almost solely based on if Kane hated the team in Winnipeg or hates being on a team.

Good post.

I think this also telegraphs that Nolan is going to be here for at least the beginning of next season. You don't grab a player like Kane, with his overhead, and not have someone here who can exercise his demons.

Again, what makes this an overpayment to me is the first. A lot of people seem to think Lemieux was too much to give up...eh, I think the first was more valuable.

The 1st was a late 1st......I think it was going to be part of a trade anyway.

Absolutely hate this trade. :thumbdown:  Not high on Kane at all AND he is damaged goods. Sabres gave up WAY too much.

Maybe Murray thought he was trading for Pat Kane?

Kane's numbers are on par with some of the best players in the league. The guy scores, skates, drives to the net, and fights when he needs to. What's not to like on him? Off the ice attitude? wah.

From an NHL perspective, Kane and Bogosian clearly beats Stafford and Myers, the question is, did we give up too much potential to make that upgrade? I think we may have.

That said, Kane Reinhart Ennis might be fun to watch.

Biggest trade since Mogilny, maybe even since Turgeon/Lafontaine.

The culture change from Regier is complete.

GMTM just put his stamp on the team. Ennis is the only player of any significance left that you'll call Darcy's

I don't think Murray cares about any player he just traded away besides Lemeiux. None of those players were his, and he seems pretty intent on cleaning the cupboards 

I believe Kane will be a rejuvinated player come next season. He hasn't wanted to be in Winnipeg since the Thrashers moved there, and a lot of the stories we hear is simply Kane being made a scapegoat by the Winnipeg media.

Think he'll have a lot of you surprised.

PLUS, Myers has a NMC that kicks in next season...

He'll love playing on a thinned-out, talentless team next year. I am already surprised.

Now that Myers and Stafford are gone, Hodgson is the only whipping boy left. Who should we adopt to fill this new role?