Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

ok...whats the point of stockpiling assets if u arent going to use them....players like kane dont get moved often....actually never...it was time to strike while the iron was hot...probably gave up a bit too much but this shows murray wanted kane desparately

Kasdorf a college goalie. very good numbers a couple years back, missed most of last season, mediocre numbers this year.

Very strong freshman year and was injured last year. This year RPI is an awful team, so it's tough to judge him on that. The description I have is that he's a good goalie on a bad team, but probably not an NHLer.

Please God no, I like Lemieux and that's way to much for too little

Brian Little staying in Winnipeg, I think??? :P

and I'm never buying another Sabres jersey.  Every Jersey I have purchased for myself is of a player that gets traded...

I'm burning my Sabres Armia jersey too

Come on guys. Don't go wobbly. They gave up virtually nothing. A piece of garbage and some potential. Got two real players in return. Welcome to the cold, hard world of GMTM. Feel so much better about the rebuild now. Y'all were warned, by Tim himself actually in so many words, don't fall in love with the kids.

Exactly.  This is phase II of the rebuild, and the unique nature of this deal allows phase I, the tank, the finish in style.  GMTM told us this was the plan, and that he would convert hoarded assets to NHL ready talent.

Alright, so Stafford is gone, he was leaving this offseason.  

This really breaks down to Armia and Lemeiux.  So we'll have to see what Kane brings to the table.  Over the last 24 month's he's had two major injuries a handful of healthy scratches and countless other issues with Jets management.  Myers in his career has gone up and down and really if you break it down, Bogosian is an interesting addition.  Armia was really starting to come around, and getting more out of his play.  Overall if Kane can get adjusted, this is a big plus.  You cannot create skill, scoring ability and Kane is a game breaker when he's healthy and on.  Furthermore, he's out the rest of the year, pretty much concludes the tank.  I trust Tim Murray, so we'll sack up and move on.  Bogosian, Ristolainen and Zadorov.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

I mean, really. The whining about "No! Not our precious Lemieux" is just silly.

You gotta give value to get value. And we got the best player in the trade, by far.

ok...whats the point of stockpiling assets if u arent going to use them....players like kane dont get moved often....actually never...it was time to strike while the iron was hot...probably gave up a bit too much but this shows murray wanted kane desparately

Both of these.

Holy mackerel.

From an NHL perspective, Kane and Bogosian clearly beats Stafford and Myers, the question is, did we give up too much potential to make that upgrade? I think we may have.

That said, Kane Reinhart Ennis might be fun to watch.

Biggest trade since Mogilny, maybe even since Turgeon/Lafontaine.

The culture change from Regier is complete.

GMTM just put his stamp on the team. Ennis is the only player of any significance left that you'll call Darcy's

that seems like a kings ransom to me.  Is he and Bogosian really worth that much?

and I'm never buying another Sabres jersey.  Every Jersey I have purchased for myself is of a player that gets traded...

My Myers jersey is now obsolete.  :censored:  And I hate the trade if it is indeed done. I think we overpaid.