Better call Saul

bunomatic

So interesting to see some of the background stories on some of these characters that we came to love in breaking bad. Things are being tied together and making sense. Mike was such a likeable bad guy in breaking bad and was one of my favorites. That was a great episode.

So interesting to see some of the background stories on some of these characters that we came to love in breaking bad. Things are being tied together and making sense. Mike was such a likeable bad guy in breaking bad and was one of my favorites. That was a great episode.

And ultimately his demise was more tragic than we knew. To be snuffed out by Walter white of all people.

All caught up. This week was incredible storytelling. Perfecting weaving between present and past. Banks really nails down his character, and now we know why that character is who he is. Wow.

Also, I have to assume the end of this season will see Jimmy's name switch to Saul. Will probably be the closer.

All caught up. This week was incredible storytelling. Perfecting weaving between present and past. Banks really nails down his character, and now we know why that character is who he is. Wow.

Also, I have to assume the end of this season will see Jimmy's name switch to Saul. Will probably be the closer.

It's all good, man.

Gilligan already indicated that Gus will be in this. The show isn't actually all Saul's show, as we saw in the most recent episode. They said they'll move through time and address the backstory on quite a few characters, but also cautioned that it's not just going to be a train of Breaking Bad nostalgia.

Saul doesn't actually know Gus, though, so that'd be a Mike storyline.

Could also be a Tuco or Nacho storyline as Gus knew both of them as well. Even if they hadn't met personally in 'Breaking Bad', Saul would have certainly known who the kingpin was. 

As for the latest episode, I agree with everyone else; just elegant story telling meeting up with great acting. 

Could also be a Tuco or Nacho storyline as Gus knew both of them as well. Even if they hadn't met personally in 'Breaking Bad', Saul would have certainly known who the kingpin was. 

As for the latest episode, I agree with everyone else; just elegant story telling meeting up with great acting. 

There has been a Tuco and Nacho storyline. 2nd or 3rd episode. Hopefully it continues

Finally saw the episode from this past Monday (the Mike episode) and, at least for this one episode, this show equaled Breaking Bad.  And I honestly can't think of too many episodes of any show better than this one.  The scenes in Philly where Mike gets his revenge, followed by the long scene where he tells his daughter in law were jaw-dropping.

They can give Jonathan Banks his Emmy now to save time.

Like I mentioned previously, I really hated the idea of a Breaking Bad prequel when the rumors first started but this is a legitimately spectacular show.

The idea that Breaking Bad was just the setup for something even better is pretty mind-blowing. Maybe a bit premature, but the last episode, like Rob said, at least starts the conversation.

After being so immersed in the mind of Walter White, being with Jimmy is a lot more fun.

Except for, y'know, when it's not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.