Better call Saul

bunomatic

Just watched the 2nd episode again prior to watching the 3rd. This show rocks in ways I never imagined. I was a huge breaking bad fan so I had some trepidation when the spin off was to be about a lawyer. O.K., a courtroom drama ? The ins and outs of choosing a jury ?  It could have gone a hundred dry and potentially boring routes. I like the direction this thing is moving. I like this show. Hyped about episode 3.

Just watched the 2nd episode again prior to watching the 3rd. This show rocks in ways I never imagined. I was a huge breaking bad fan so I had some trepidation when the spin off was to be about a lawyer. O.K., a courtroom drama ? The ins and outs of choosing a jury ?  It could have gone a hundred dry and potentially boring routes. I like the direction this thing is moving. I like this show. Hyped about episode 3.

Like the direction this seems it'll take. Previews look like he'll have a more significant interaction w/ Mike in this new one.

I honestly hated the idea of this show when the rumors first started about a prequel/spin-off but I love it so far.  The beginning and ending of Episode 1 were outstanding, and the long scene in the desert in Episode 2 could rival anything from Breaking Bad.  And another good episode tonight.

Happy to have something new to watch with Breaking Bad over and Mad Men ending soon.

"What's your name again?"

"Saul."

"What?"

"'Saul good."

I got taken in twice by Jimmy's scams in ep. 4. I should have known better considering how often Gilligan did that in 'BB', but damn, that's what makes his shows a fun ride.

4 for 4 and counting.

The plot twists and turns that Gilligan comes up with are amazing.  Everything is intertwined and you almost never see where things are going.  So far this show is really great.  Haven't seen 4 yet.  Probably tonight if I can stay awake.  WTF am I still doing up????  

This week was fun but maybe a bit weaker than the others. Still, a couple seasons worth of the good stuff and this show could lock down best spin-off ever real quick, at least for a drama..

I love how the show has no set structure.  With 10 minutes left in episode 5 it screeches to a halt and we get a short film about Mike.

I got real hot when the derp cops busted in and tazed Chuck.  Douchebags.  I can't wait for them to get theirs (hopefully at the hands of Jimmy, but maybe Mike...)

Despite the manner of their main characters (ie Walt internalizing everything and Jimmy being a motormouth), BCS somehow manages to have even more scenes without talking than BB had.  I also find Jimmy about 5000X more likable than Walt.

Can't wait for the Mike story to unfold. I'm finding Lenny's (Chuck) story a little tiring.

I really like Jimmy's place in Chuck's story.  He's tried his best to help his brother, but is ready to give up.  He selfishly wants Chuck to cash out, when obviously Chuck isn't ready to give up on his own life.  It's the framework for how a schlep like Jimmy will become Saul Goodman.  I agree that it's getting tiring, but it's not nearly as tiring as the Walt/Skyler/Jr/Marie scenes in seasons 1 and 2 of breaking bad.  The pacing is sooooo much better.

I also thought the scene with the (wayyy too hot) doctor was really well done.  They still made the doctor a little tone deaf, but it was eons better than the robotic health professionals they depicted in BB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.