Better call Saul

bunomatic

Do you have to be a Breaking Bad fan to appreciate it? I've never watched a single episode of that (go ahead and stone me), but had thought about checking this out anyway.

Its different. Its centred on the main character from breaking bads lawyer and it takes place pre breaking bad but does contain some of the same characters. As far as I can tell so far you can get into it without previous exposure to breaking bad. Without giving it away its got the same kind of feel as breaking bad. Real good so far.

Watched the first episode last night and am recording the second. I'm already hooked. The opening scene of Saul sitting down to watch VHS tapes of his old TV commercials was all I needed. The future is in black and white and the past is in color? nobody does dry openings better than Gilligan.  The same 'Breaking Bad' team of writers, producers, directors, etc. that can now complete each other's sentences, promises to be even better than before. I can't recall the last time a spin-off series garnered such high praise from critics. But after last night, I can see why. It has the chops to stand alone. 

Edited by K-9

Do you have to be a Breaking Bad fan to appreciate it? I've never watched a single episode of that (go ahead and stone me), but had thought about checking this out anyway.

I'm jealous that you get to watch it for the first time.  Some day when you actually have time, good luck with that.

Still haven't seen any Better Call Saul yet, but I'm psyched.

Watched the first episode last night and am recording the second. I'm already hooked. The opening scene of Saul sitting down to watch VHS tapes of his old TV commercials was all I needed. The future is in black and white and the past is in color? nobody does dry openings better than Gilligan.  The same 'Breaking Bad' team of writers, producers, directors, etc. that can now complete each other's sentences, promises to be even better than before. I can't recall the last time a spin-off series garnered such high praise from critics. But after last night, I can see why. It has the chops to stand alone.

Probably Frazier.

Great casting in making Lenny his dad.

I have a thing for Bob Odenkirk. The sight of him just tickles me (yeah, I just wrote that, so what). He was great in Nebraska. I wasn't in love with his part in Fargo until the series wore on.

I just read in his bio that he appeared on Seinfeld. He was Elaine's doctor-wannabe friend.

I have a thing for Bob Odenkirk. The sight of him just tickles me (yeah, I just wrote that, so what). He was great in Nebraska. I wasn't in love with his part in Fargo until the series wore on.

I just read in his bio that he appeared on Seinfeld. He was Elaine's doctor-wannabe friend.

Get the Mr. Show box set.

The only bad thing is that it doesn't have the Tenacious D skits in it.

Loved the 2nd episode. This promises to be a fun ride with Gilligan and Co; just great story telling on a completely different level. When it's all said and done, I predict that 'Better Call Saul' will be in the top three all time and Gilligan will have been the creator of two of them. 

You spoiler character was among my favorite from BB. Bat ###### crazy. When he showed up, I was bristling with anticipation.

Tuco was originally supposed to be the bad guy through season 2 of BB, instead of dying in episode 2.  Raymond Cruz had scheduling issues because he was on the Closer so they wrote him out.

Wow!  First two episodes were awesome.  The pilot felt just a little too much like BB with all the visual callbacks, but I was pleased to see that episode 2 had a distinctly different feel.

The black and white opening scene with Address Unknown playing was perfect.  I think it might be better than the opening scene of GoT and Walking Dead.

I love. The Ink Spots.

So many things changed throughout the show...

Jesse was supposed to die during season one. Hector Salamanca was supposed to be the big bad guy throughout the last few seasons and not Gus. Once they realized how perfect of a match be and Walt were they changed plans.

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.