Hossa for Heatley?

deluca67

You have to look at this trade and realize the Sabres don't have a player of that quality on the roster. Even if they wanted either one of the players they have nothing to offer up.

How do the Sens do it? It's been a while now that they have been on top of the division. Yet they still come up with strong young quality NHL players. They seem to be in the same boat as Buffalo financially. Maybe worse with the exchange. They seem to be able to get the job done. It must be nice to have a team that does not rely on excuses.

Also,

Wouldn't it be nice to be watching ESPN and when that little NHL symbol comes on the scoll it would have something positive regarding the Sabres. It gets to the point now were I turn the station when it comes up.

I don't have the stats but Heatley is a Sabres killer. This guy

is going to tear up our division. Ever since we lost Muckler,

the best hockey man Buffalo has ever had, Regier's main claim

to fame has been swindling good-not-great, players from other teams.

He will never be able to turn a deal like this because:

1. Sabres don't have any superstars, just good players and

developing superstars.

2. When our superstars develop, Regier waits too long to

trade them and then we get nothing for them when they

bolt as free agents.

In all the Sens, always smart in their drafts, are now reaping the

benefits of their bottom-feeding days. The fact that Hasek has

joined them is cause enough to believe that Muckler's prior

relationships has allowed him to acquire great players, whereas

our Regier has no prior relationships and is seen as pretty much

a pirate.

The fact that Muckler also got DeVries in the deal could add fuel to the Wade Redden trade rumors...I doubt he'd trade within the same division (and I'm not sure what we could give up for him), but Redden would be a HUGE addition for us, and it would salvage what has been an unimpressive off-season (to say the least)

Muckler didn't get DeVries, he was sent to Atlanta with Hossa, Ottawa already had DeVries. Ottawa only gets Heatley (who would have been nice to see in a sabres jersey)

If anything this deal pretty much eliminates any chance that Redden will go anywhere but stay in Ottawa. They now have cap room and need to keep a defensemen.

Heatley signs a three-year deal in Ottawa worth $13.5 million.

Hossa signed a three-year deal for $18 million.

Miro Satan's three-year deal with the New York Islanders on Tuesday was worth $12.765 million. He'll earn $4.015 million this season, $4.25 million in 2006-07, $4.5 million in 2007-08.

Alexei Zhitnik signed a four-year, $14-million.

heatley and hossa are 10 x better then zhithead and satan. The isles overpaid. NO way satan is worth heatley/hossa money.

I also didnt realize the isles traded peca to edmonton for york.

Muckler didn't get DeVries, he was sent to Atlanta with Hossa, Ottawa already had DeVries. Ottawa only gets Heatley (who would have been nice to see in a sabres jersey)

If anything this deal pretty much eliminates any chance that Redden will go anywhere but stay in Ottawa. They now have cap room and need to keep a defensemen.

Good point - thanks for clarifying...I must be reading too much Eklund - I'm starting to write complete B.S. like he does..

Its just not even worth listening to all the player movement talk any more as its become painfully obvious were not in the spending market it would require to be a player in these deals.We cut payroll by dumping Satan and Zhitnik nothing more nothing less.But all these rumor's about we want to do this and we are going to do that are nothing but rumors.This Minor league front office and the PT Barnum (Larry Quinn) are only going to hinder more than help.I for one would rather have seen John Muckler remain where he was or even try to see what the venerable Mr.Bowman is doing to help us right this mess known as the Sabres front office.

This Minor league front office and the PT Barnum (Larry Quinn) are only going to hinder more than help.I for one would rather have seen John Muckler remain where he was or even try to see what the venerable Mr.Bowman is doing to help us right this mess known as the Sabres front office.

I just hope Gov. Golisano was serious when he said it was playoffs or else this year for Ruff & Regier...

Quinn's going nowhere, so we can't kid ourselves there, but if the "dynamic duo" doesn't get the job done this season, they should be gone as quickly as you can say "Mayday, Mayday"

Quinn may not be the hockey genius that a Muckler or a Bowman is (or even in the same ballpark as those guys), but if it weren't for Larry, Hamister would have bought the team with that clown Berman, and we'd be right back where we were 3 years ago - bankrupt with no ownership (either that, or we'd be in Portland, Kansas City or Houston)..

I just hope Gov. Golisano was serious when he said it was playoffs or else this year for Ruff & Regier...

Quinn's going nowhere, so we can't kid ourselves there, but if the "dynamic duo" doesn't get the job done this season, they should be gone as quickly as you can say "Mayday, Mayday"

Quinn may not be the hockey genius that a Muckler or a Bowman is (or even in the same ballpark as those guys), but if it weren't for Larry, Hamister would have bought the team with that clown Berman, and we'd be right back where we were 3 years ago - bankrupt with no ownership (either that, or we'd be in Portland, Kansas City or Houston)..

My memory is fuzzy on this, but wasn't Quinn hooked up with Hamister(when he was the leading candidate to buy the Sabres) prior to Golisano?

My point...I think Quinn is sleazy and would have weasled his way back into the Sabres organization no matter who the new owner turned out to be.

Seems to me that Heatley got shafted in the money department - I think he should have gotten Hossa's contract and the other way around Hossa get his. Hossa's a great player for a soft playoff disappearing Euro but I think Heater will be a long term superstar in the league.

At any rate, agree with you all - no way we have the players to even offer up for someone of this caliber in a trade which is sad. I'm hoping Vanek will live up to the front office hype and we'll have a name player back on the roster.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of our current guys but there's no buzz about them (Drury is the only name your average Sportscenter watcher might recognize).

Can't wait for the season to start - there is a real dearth of coverage about the Sabres in the media. I follow some other teams (anyone Barnaby has ever played for) and for example, there are two good sites covering the Penguins with several stories per day - I'm lucky to see a couple good stories a week in the Buffalo News during the offseason. If so many players are living and working out in the area, why can't they do more press on them - give me anything! Luckily there are some good fan developed sites with more info (Sabres Report / sabrefans.com) - thanks to everyone who puts in the effort.

PS: Not impressed with the official web site

My memory is fuzzy on this, but wasn't Quinn hooked up with Hamister(when he was the leading candidate to buy the Sabres) prior to Golisano?

My point...I think Quinn is sleazy and would have weasled his way back into the Sabres organization no matter who the new owner turned out to be.

can't argue about the weasel part, but he was the one who went after Golisano and orchestrated the bid - not sure it would have happened without his influence...now if he can get some of Tom's money to help with the waterfont, I'd be a true Quinn fan...

Heatley signs a three-year deal in Ottawa worth $13.5 million.

Hossa signed a three-year deal for $18 million.

Miro Satan's three-year deal with the New York Islanders on Tuesday was worth $12.765 million. He'll earn $4.015 million this season, $4.25 million in 2006-07, $4.5 million in 2007-08.

Alexei Zhitnik signed a four-year, $14-million.

heatley and hossa are 10 x better then zhithead and satan. The isles overpaid. NO way satan is worth heatley/hossa money.

I also didnt realize the isles traded peca to edmonton for york.

The difference in money is due to difference in Restricted and Unrestricted free agents. Heatley and Hossa either signed or sat. Satan and Zhitnik could sign with anybody.

Archived