Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Well, one party is in the hospital, and one is not.

So?

"LeSean McCoy romantically involved with 3 off-duty officers" would make a better story.

:unsure:

Unless they're sliding down a rail at RWS, in which case the employer must be named by The Buffalo News to ensure that the guy loses his job.

To be fair, f*ck that guy. 

Reports are Meek Mill was in attendance.

UPDATE: PhillyInfluencer.com has learned that Philly Rapper Meek Mill, who was just put on house arrest this week for violating probation, was in fact at Recess on the night of February 7th. Multiple sources say that Meek was in the VIP section on this night. This story continues to take many turns and now it now puts Meek in the spotlig

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/02/report-lesean-mccoy-allegedly-assaulted-and-hospitalized-philly-police-officers/

So?

The rewording clearly shows that it implies who he aggressor, or who was at fault here. Now, I'm not saying it's right, but the fact that one party is in the hospital and the other not, implies that someone took it to far or jumped someone else. 

Well, that's just hilarious. 

The rewording clearly shows that it implies who he aggressor, or who was at fault here. Now, I'm not saying it's right, but the fact that one party is in the hospital and the other not, implies that someone took it to far or jumped someone else. 

Well, that's just hilarious. 

Implications are a problem. If we imply that the injured parties were also not the aggressors, without knowing any better, then we're assuming who is at fault. Maybe everyone was being jerks? It's so easy to just say "Ah, Lesean and his pals f*cked up some cops" and leave it at that, which is at best a ham-fisted way of reporting news. 

Implications are a problem. If we imply that the injured parties were also not the aggressors, without knowing any better, then we're assuming who is at fault. Maybe everyone was being jerks? It's so easy to just say "Ah, Lesean and his pals f*cked up some cops" and leave it at that, which is at best a ham-fisted way of reporting news. 

Either way there's an implication in that sentence, there's no way around it. Could have written a different article headline

Right. "LeSean McCoy involved in incident at nightclub" would have sufficed.

Ugh. Let's not get PC here. It absolutely matters that they were cops, off-duty or not. It goes from generic story to GREAT STORY. 

If your buddy came home from the club and told you he just beat up some cops, would you say "why does it matter they were cops? why do you have to mention it?"

Ugh. Let's not get PC here. It absolutely matters that they were cops, off-duty or not. It goes from generic story to GREAT STORY.

If your buddy came home from the club and told you he just beat up some cops, would you say "why does it matter they were cops? why do you have to mention it?"

You're implying prior knowledge of their day jobs.

Here we go again. Another thread full of people applying their own prejudices to a case they know very little about.

Here's cell phone footage of part of the fight, if that helps.

https://www.readfulapp.com/site/PhillyNews?tag=Pro%20Sports&item=56b8d8e383966a0434ef6433

Frankly, there's not much to "know". I've seen or been involved in dozens of these types of altercations since I was a teen. Somebody started it or there was miscommunication. There's no bombshell or smoking gun to be found. It's just a drunken club fight we're making a big deal out of. 

Edited by musichunch

Here we go again. Another thread full of people applying their own prejudices to a case they know very little about.

yay-sports.jpg

https://www.readfulapp.com/site/PhillyNews?tag=Pro%20Sports&item=56b8d8e383966a0434ef6433

Frankly, there's not much to "know". I've seen or been involved in dozens of these types of altercations since I was a teen. Somebody started it or there was miscommunication. There's no bombshell or smoking gun to be found. It's just a drunken club fight we're making a big deal out of. 

I agree with that sentiment regarding bar fights. They're bar fights, for Crissakes.

This is exactly what I am talking about. How does your personal experience apply?

Do you have a lot of experience with the personalities involved? Insight into this particular set of circumstances?

The media makes mistakes, usually in the rush to be first.

Why that means they are mis-characterizing this case, I'm not sure.

Cops are all the same. The always behave the same way. So do reporters, football players, black people, athletes, women in bars and people with money.

I don't want to downplay the good, thought-provoking non-hockey stuff I read here, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of stereotyping that goes on in this place.

This is exactly what I am talking about. How does your personal experience apply?

Do you have a lot of experience with the personalities involved? Insight into this particular set of circumstances?

The media makes mistakes, usually in the rush to be first.

Why that means they are mis-characterizing this case, I'm not sure.

Cops are all the same. The always behave the same way. So do reporters, football players, black people, athletes, women in bars and people with money.

I don't want to downplay the good, thought-provoking non-hockey stuff I read here, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of stereotyping that goes on in this place.

I mean what could of happened to make it OK? What could of happened to make it more wrong?

Are we waiting for an "investigative report" or something. It's a freaking bar fight. Some idiot said or did something and it started. 

I'm sorry to say it, but drunk idiots at clubs ALL ACT THE SAME EXACT WAY. Sorry for the stereotype. But I don't know what breaking bombshell you're waiting for that means we're not allowed to comment and judge. The "N" word? I guess that would exonerate him and make everything OK. 

I mean what could of happened to make it OK? What could of happened to make it more wrong?

Are we waiting for an "investigative report" or something. It's a freaking bar fight. Some idiot said or did something and it started. 

I'm sorry to say it, but drunk idiots at clubs ALL ACT THE SAME EXACT WAY. Sorry for the stereotype. But I don't know what breaking bombshell you're waiting for that means we're not allowed to comment and judge. The "N" word? I guess that would exonerate him and make everything OK. 

Sorry man, I may have replied directly to your post, but was more a cumulative reply to a lot of stuff I read here.

They all act the same way, which is why it happens just as often to hockey players as it does football players. 

Stuff like this.

People are individuals.

I'm fairly uniformly against stereotypes and resist them in almost all settings.

Except when it comes to bar fights.

There may be other exceptions, but bar fights are the only one that comes to mind.

+++

Is the same person doing social media for the Bills and Sabres?

Ugh.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/696768652264079360

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm fairly uniformly against stereotypes and resist them in almost all settings.

Except when it comes to bar fights.

There may be other exceptions, but bar fights are the only one that comes to mind.

I mean if guns and knives were involved, I can see how people would throw out stereotypes. 

But a bare knuckle club fight with two groups of guys ending with somebody getting kicked in the ribs. If that's not America I don't know what is. 

You made this about race, I said 'football players'. 

Yeah let's pretend the NFL isn't 70% black. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.