Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Watch it again. After ball touches ground (1st time, not 2nd like Phil Simms found issue w/) as reciever rolls over, ball moves. Only way it's a catch when the ball touches is if that doesn't cause the ball to move at all.

And if THAT doesn't convince you, Mike Perry (Carey) thought it was a catch. Ergo, no catch. ;)

Haha, that's the exact thing I said.

Eli got visibly sadder when the Broncos sealed it. Bwahahaha

Yep. No fraternal rivalry there. :lol:

Don't care one way or another about Eli, but this solidifies that Peyton > Brady. First starting Q to win with two teams.  Beats Tahmmy in the postseason regularly.  I love this.

Ab-so-####ing-lute-ly.

Haha, that's the exact thing I said.

:doh: Forking autocorrect. ;)

Peyton was the best QB to dissect defenses, draw offsides and call audibles when needed. When he had an arm and wasn't 39 years old, he was out shadowed by Brady because of the playoff record.

Im glad he won, and I don't mind that it was that awesome D that got him this one (if only the bills could even slightly resemble that defense.....)

Anybody see the resemblance between James Brown and Cleveland Brown? 

Don't care one way or another about Eli, but this solidifies that Peyton > Brady. First starting Q to win with two teams.  Beats Tahmmy in the postseason regularly.  I love this.

Even more impressive, he went to four SB's with four different coaches. 

I wish, but I gotta say no. Montana, Brady, Peyton

Everyone will hate this, but it's actually Marino, Montana, Peyton.

RBs mattered in the 80s and 90s.  The best Marino had was what, Bernie Parmalee?

He was a shithead, and a fin, and everything I hate.  But he was the best damned Q I ever saw.

Brady really doesn't even enter the conversation when it comes to Marino.

RBs mattered in the 80s and 90s. The best Marino had was what, Bernie Parmalee?

He was a shithead, and a fin, and everything I hate. But he was the best damned Q I ever saw.

You're not crazy. I don't agree, but what Marino did statistically in an era where defenses could play defense, was simply nuts.

I am not a fan of modern football, but I did rather enjoy watching the defensive game of both teams. It was also pretty cool to witness a veteran, highly skilled QB manage a game in a Spock-like fashion.

The post game chit chat on ESPN was very good, I thought, and those three dudes put what I watched into a perspective that not only made sense, but I agreed with.

RBs mattered in the 80s and 90s.  The best Marino had was what, Bernie Parmalee?

He was a shithead, and a fin, and everything I hate.  But he was the best damned Q I ever saw.

I think Marino was the best thrower ever. Who knows how good any of his running backs were. He wouldn't run.

But he was the best damned QB I ever saw.

I think Marino was the best thrower ever. Who knows how good any of his running backs were. He wouldn't run.

I know the playoff and Super Bowl wins tend to get over-valued when it comes to assessing QBs, but I can't shake the sense that Marino was, as N'eo states, the best football thrower in the game's history. My sense is that his style and decisions were a not insignificant part of why he didn't win more than he did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.