Sabres are winning. Why are prices still so low?

PromoTheRobot

Resale prices for Sabres games are dismally low, as low as they were when they lost every game. Now they are playing winning hockey and prices are as low as ever. What gives?

Perception doesn't change in 2 weeks; especially when the team still isn't scoring with any consistency. Since the SJ game they've only surpassed 2 goals twice even though they've been winning.

Perception doesn't change in 2 weeks; especially when the team still isn't scoring with any consistency. Since the SJ game they've only surpassed 2 goals twice even though they've been winning.

Yup. They still aren't interesting enough to push resale value, especially when people have Christmas on the brain. Everyone is clinging to their wallets for dear life right now.

Resale prices for Sabres games are dismally low, as low as they were when they lost every game. Now they are playing winning hockey and prices are as low as ever. What gives?

Because they are astonishingly boring to watch most nights.

I'm surprised all the Tankers aren't flocking to the FNC in droves to cheer their noble warriors onward. I can't imagine supporting the tank and having no desire to go see it in person. Where's the dedication?

Well the arena is certainly full every night. Probably those folks taking advantage of the $9 seats on StubHub.

So winning isn't enough? You have to win with style?

That's not what he said. He said that a small win streak isn't enough to convince people the team is non-terrible.

I'm surprised all the Tankers aren't flocking to the FNC in droves to cheer their noble warriors onward. I can't imagine supporting the tank and having no desire to go see it in person. Where's the dedication?

Bugger that. I support the tank because I think it's in the team's best long term interest, not because I find bad hockey entertaining and want to spend money on it. I've never pretended to enjoy the process of tanking, from an entertainment perspective. And I'm under no obligation to do so.

My wallet is telling me no, but my body... My body is telling me yes.

I haven't gone to a game at FNC that doesn't feature McDavid yet this year.

It's likely a combination of things. Low expectations going into the season, the Bills season being alive into December and sports fans being creatures of habit. I would think that when the Bills season is over, over meaning their playoff chances are dead, the focus will turn to the Sabres.

I think the Sabres' recent success needs to be sustained over at least a couple months before perceptions (and stats) will change significantly, and demand for tickets rise.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Their winning ways of recent are more likely an aberration in a Tank Year.

I think the Sabres' recent success needs to be sustained over at least a couple months before perceptions (and stats) will change significantly, and demand for tickets rise.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Their winning ways of recent are more likely an aberration in a Tank Year.

I'm in this camp. While I see signs of optimism in terms of individual play and team play, this is still a very limited roster with very little team depth.

https://www.stubhub....5-2014-9076284/

9-3 over the last 12 and you can still get in the door for $12.50. :doh:

Greatest fans in the League!

We want McDavid/Eichel and will live through the growing pains/tank to get them, just don't ask us to pay to watch it...........

I'm still waiting for the Boos after a win from the Pro-Tankers because these guys are ruining the only chance this team ever has to build a cup team by losing out on McDavid/Eichel

Refreshing. Please feel free to keep repeating this nonsense if you wish, it will never make it any less of a straw man.

So wait a minute, the point of "The Tank" isn't to get McDavid/Eichel? There are other ways they could build a cup contender besdies trying to break records for being one of the worst franchises ever and they just decided this would be the best way to go?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.