Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

How was the background music... my cousin Ben produced a lot of it.

It's funny you mentioned the music. I actually brought it up to my wife.

In working at NBC and dealing with the Olympics theme, I know that John Williams runs a pretty tight ship with regard to royalties and the usage of his intellectual property.

You can tell it's not John Williams (well, I can), so they can't use his themes, but I thought they did a pretty good job of approximating his schtick (and yes, it is a schtick.😂). Enough for it to mention to my wife, at least.

I liked the series. I'm currently on Return of the Jedi in my watching everything in the timeline endeavor. Weave's comment just adds to my resolve to not watch Boba Fett.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shrader said:

One thing drove me crazy with Kenobi: how completely ineffective a lightsaber through the chest can be

“The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”

Lots of Sith used the dark side to live through gruesome injury. Maul was lopped in half and lived to find his way to a cybernetic body.

Tenebrae influenced the galaxy for over 1,000 years.

I thought the series was fantastic. I also loved Mando and the bobf. All them! Give me more!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, GoPre said:

The fight in episode 6 is one of the better fights in the entire Star Wars franchise.

It had elements (is Easter egg the right term?) that were from other Star Wars stories. 
The slice in Vader’s helmet was just like the one that Starkiller delivered in the Force Unleashed series. 
There were obvious parallels to the duo’s previous fight but the best part for me?

Obi Wan pommeling Vader’s respirator. An attack on Vader’s respirator is something that’s only ever happened in the comics and it is EXACTLY how Sidious killed Plagueis, by damaging his respiratory aide. 

The series did a lot to undo the bad mojo from the last trilogy.

Smart to include the EU, it is. 
More of that they include, I hope.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:19 PM, Ogre said:

“The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”

Lots of Sith used the dark side to live through gruesome injury. Maul was lopped in half and lived to find his way to a cybernetic body.

Tenebrae influenced the galaxy for over 1,000 years.

I thought the series was fantastic. I also loved Mando and the bobf. All them! Give me more!

That’s their new thing now, no one can ever die. It cheapens the whole process. 

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

That’s their new thing now, no one can ever die. It cheapens the whole process. 

It’s a decades old thing, BTW.
Vader dies. Maul dies. They all die at the end of their stories.

Have you seen how Maul dies in Obi Wan’s arms on Tatooine in Rebels? Satisfied that Obi Wan was training the boy that would avenge them all?

I’m guessing that you haven’t. 
 It was thoughtful and touching, the process, beautiful and fulfilling.

I see nothing cheap and I don’t feel cheated as a fan. I’m sorry that you do though. 

On 6/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, shrader said:

One thing drove me crazy with Kenobi: how completely ineffective a lightsaber through the chest can be

I believe that they were more in the gut than the chest:

Third-Sister-Kills-Grand-Inquisitor-In-O

RevaVader.thumb.jpg.332644d195d9f0cb5e61f7650929e1f5.jpg

I'm not a (medical) doctor, but I believe that would greatly increase the chance of surviving, if only by giving more time to get medical attention.

Anikan should have remembered that Dooku didn't come back:

Count-Dooku-dies-1.jpg

Edited by carpandean

I have never watched star wars, it never interested me. But I did go to the new Disney set up last month and rode smugglers run and rise of the resistance and those were both pretty epic rides,with amazing details. 

If your into this series, then it's def worth a trip down as Disney did it very well. 

6 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I have never watched star wars, it never interested me. But I did go to the new Disney set up last month and rode smugglers run and rise of the resistance and those were both pretty epic rides,with amazing details. 

If your into this series, then it's def worth a trip down as Disney did it very well. 

As a huge Star Wars Fan I can verify this, did both rides in May 

21 hours ago, Ogre said:

It’s a decades old thing, BTW.
Vader dies. Maul dies. They all die at the end of their stories.

Have you seen how Maul dies in Obi Wan’s arms on Tatooine in Rebels? Satisfied that Obi Wan was training the boy that would avenge them all?

I’m guessing that you haven’t. 
 It was thoughtful and touching, the process, beautiful and fulfilling.

I see nothing cheap and I don’t feel cheated as a fan. I’m sorry that you do though. 

Sorry, those shows were aimed at 13 year olds. Couldn’t do it. 

12 hours ago, Ogre said:

Too bad for you. 

Carry on in your manly world of manly things, you manly man. 

Their own description says it’s for kids and it’s rated TV-Y7, so I actually overshot on my number earlier. If you enjoy that, great for you. I couldn’t make it through more than a handful of episodes. The kiddie friendly approach is what gave us the prequels, it’s not something I can stomach. 

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

Their own description says it’s for kids and it’s rated TV-Y7, so I actually overshot on my number earlier. If you enjoy that, great for you. I couldn’t make it through more than a handful of episodes. The kiddie friendly approach is what gave us the prequels, it’s not something I can stomach. 

I found this to be very true of Clone Wars, and as such, it was hard to watch.  Rebels, however, was far better.  There was none of that really annoying narrator that really bothered me in Clone Wars and it generally seemed like it was made for a more mature audience.  If you tried Clone Wars first and gave up, give Rebels a try (like several episodes try, not just five minutes.)  There are some great stories and characters in it.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

Star Wars has always been for kids. The toys, lunch boxes, underwear. The only adult SW underwear that I've ever seen were "The farts are strong with this one". Nothing serious. SW is about fun. Does anyone think that the dude that went to comicon in the homemade Darth Malgus costume is expecting to be taken seriously?

I love it because it is fun. Analyze whatever aspects suits your needs but if you are looking for a darker adult themed SW experience play the games. Anything made for the general public isn't going to be anything more than what you have.

To highlight the great fun that SW has brought the world....

I just don’t want to see constant escapes from certain death. They played that card a few too many times in Kenobi and it cheapens it. I guess it doesn’t quite measure up to episode 9s “hey, by the way, Palpatine is still alive” but it was a bit much. 

That said, I did enjoy it a lot. Fleshing out Leia’s character was great. Shes such an important piece to those movies, but I feel like she never gets as much love as she deserves. 

On 6/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, shrader said:

The kiddie friendly approach is what gave us the prequels, it’s not something I can stomach. 

the worst parts of the prequels are born out of the fact that it was Lucas unleashed. He needed someone working with him to be like no George we are not doing that. Or at the least someone else directing. To blame the issues of the prequels on "kid friendly" is to ignore that all of Star Wars has always been about kid friendly.

13 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

the worst parts of the prequels are born out of the fact that it was Lucas unleashed. He needed someone working with him to be like no George we are not doing that. Or at the least someone else directing. To blame the issues of the prequels on "kid friendly" is to ignore that all of Star Wars has always been about kid friendly.

Sure, they were always for the kids but like you’re suggesting, Lucas took it to the extreme. Even being kid friendly, the originals had a bit of edge to them, pretty much all in the form of Han. But Lucas even tried to take that away with the whole “Han shot first” fiasco. 

There’s three things about those prequels that are so over the top kiddy, which just so happen to be three things that pretty much ruin the movies for me. 
1. 6 year old Anakin

2. The army of droids, giving you an easy path to an endless supply of “bloodless” kills

3. jarjar 

13 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

It also didn’t help that Episode I was being made during the height of NASCAR’s popularity, so instead of lightsabres [sic] and blaster fights, we got a stupid pod race on a desert planet for a quarter of the movie.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Sure, they were always for the kids but like you’re suggesting, Lucas took it to the extreme. Even being kid friendly, the originals had a bit of edge to them, pretty much all in the form of Han. But Lucas even tried to take that away with the whole “Han shot first” fiasco. 

There’s three things about those prequels that are so over the top kiddy, which just so happen to be three things that pretty much ruin the movies for me. 
1. 6 year old Anakin

2. The army of droids, giving you an easy path to an endless supply of “bloodless” kills

3. jarjar 

Again i say the issues of the prequels was not about being kid friendly. It was being the singular vision of Lucas. The man had a 22 year gap in directing movies and he has never been a good director.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.