Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Only 2 NHL games today. 1 includes a CHL charter member, the other includes an applicant for CHL inclusion.

So though it is a light day, there are still many stink eyes watching tonight's action. There's always something going on in the CHL.

It's the 13th. Where is the up to date standings in the CHL? A quick Google (not always your friend) reveals nothing on this up-start league.

A few seasons ago d4rk said that we would know what kind of team we had by Thanksgiving. The same is true this season.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Current standings through games played 10/12.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 2 2 0 0 4

Carolina 2 2 0 0 4

Calgary 3 2 1 0 4

Winnipeg 3 2 1 0 4

Edmonton 2 1 0 1 3

Florida 2 1 0 1 3

Arizona 2 0 1 1 1

NY I 2 0 2 0 0

Quite a log jam at the top. Filly and Avs making strong cases for inclusion, but they have to prove they want it.

Thanks Taro.

My bold prediction for Tuesday.

The first 0 - 0 tie in recent NHL history.

Neither team scores after regulation ... OT ... every player on both teams fail to score in the shoot-out ... the coaches thumb wrestle to a draw.

The NHL has no choice, but to declare a 0 - 0 tie as the final score.

Current standings through games played 10/12.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 2 2 0 0 4

Carolina 2 2 0 0 4

Calgary 3 2 1 0 4

Winnipeg 3 2 1 0 4

Edmonton 2 1 0 1 3

Florida 2 1 0 1 3

Arizona 2 0 1 1 1

NY I 2 0 2 0 0

Quite a log jam at the top. Filly and Avs making strong cases for inclusion, but they have to prove they want it.

I think we should just drop the point system we're using and order them backwards based on the points they have in the NHL. This is too confusing. Calgary has two points and shouldn't be tied for last.

I think we should just drop the point system we're using and order them backwards based on the points they have in the NHL. This is too confusing. Calgary has two points and shouldn't be tied for last.

It's the same exact logic as the regular points system the league uses. You may be ahead in the standings since you've played a few extra games, but those games-in-hand are probably going to catch up to you at some point.

You can run your thread how you would like to run it, and I will run mine this way. I am looking at points not taken because at the end of the day, the team that left the most on the table wins in this league.

If Buffalo and Carolina manage to lose their games in hand Calgary will fall behind and will no longer be tied for the lead. ;)

Seeing if maybe prematurely updating the standings in the OP can light a fire under a squad wearing blue Superman capes. Blue, really, blue?!? Is it any surprise that a designer that comes up w/ unis this bad doesn't realize that the spandex is supposed to be blue and the cape and underwear outside the spandex are supposed to be the other color?!?