Buffalo      82 51 23  8 110 110  0  0 0 20.0

Arizona      82 50 24  8 108 108  0  --     13.5

Edmonton     82 44 24 14 102 102  0  --     11.5

Toronto      82 44 30  8  96  96  0  --      9.5

Carolina     82 41 30 11  93  93  0  --      8.5

New Jersey   82 36 32 14  86  86  0  --      7.5

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

M# = Magic Number of all points available to lock up 1st (takes current tie breaker status into account)

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 4/11 in PM

Thanks again to X for the idea of the Carrion and to Tank for helping w/ updates.

Edited by Taro T

Buffalo didn't win. The Isles did.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I get what you're doing.

I'll be doing a "tank tracker" every ten games or so which will include this and some other stuff.

Edited by Tankalicious

You forgot to include the Maple Loafs.

To start, I'm going w/ X's charter members. If somebody else plays their way into the league, I can and will add them.

In a typical year I'd be all over adding the Loafs; this year I'm hoping they're on the playoffs fringe.

Maybe you should add a "percent chance of McDavid" line at the end.

Good idea.

Once the full list of teams in the league has identified itself and there's some separation in the points I can add that.

That can be CPMD - current probability of (choosing 1/2 of) McDavid.

Edited by Taro T

:lol: Well played......

For those confused:

Carrion = (from the Latin "caro", meaning "meat") refers to the dead and decaying flesh of an animal.

The League takes inspiration from Blind Homer of the Iliad.

Countless losses,

hurling down to the House of Death,

so many sturdy souls, great fighters' souls,

but made their bodies carrion, feast for dogs

since when there first stood a division of conflict.

Tonight's Carrion League featured match-up is once again:

The Isles vs. the Canes.

The Canes are looking to take a commanding league lead, with the Isles in danger of early relegation to NHL play,

courtesy of a home and home series with the Research Triangle Triage Unit led by Gerbe and Sekera.

]

:lol: Well played......

For those confused:

Carrion = (from the Latin "caro", meaning "meat") refers to the dead and decaying flesh of an animal.

The League takes inspiration from Blind Homer of the Iliad.

Countless losses,

hurling down to the House of Death,

so many sturdy souls, great fighters' souls,

but made their bodies carrion, feast for dogs

since when there first stood a division of conflict.

Tonight's Carrion League featured match-up is once again:

The Isles vs. the Canes.

The Canes are looking to take a commanding league lead, with the Isles in danger of early relegation to NHL play,

courtesy of a home and home series with the Research Triangle Triage Unit led by Gerbe and Sekera.

]

:lol:

But the big question is will the Isles' home ice disadvantage from last season continue and be able to overcome the injury-plagued Canes 'dominance' on their own home ice the night before?

:lol:

But the big question is will the Isles' home ice disadvantage from last season continue and be able to overcome the injury-plagued Canes 'dominance' on their own home ice the night before?

This game is a 4 1/2 bag match out of 5. Can't miss viewing.

:bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: 1/2

Buffalo, Florida, Carolina and Calgary all get two points.

Other than the Isles, who had the misfortune of playing the league juggernaut, all the early gamers were perfect. The late games currently have Winnipeg where they were expected to be but the Eulers are faltering on the coast and LA refuses to put the Yotes in the passenger seat.

On the basis of blowing a 3 goal lead, I'm giving serious consideration to approving the Phlyers application to join the league. Would like to keep an even # of squads, so I'll wait a few more games to decide whether the Isles get a boot or if their slow start was directly related to the overpowering nature of their Candy Cane opponents; if the Isles don't lose their charter, the Loafs are making a strong case for inclusion.

Tank on gents; tank on.

Yep. But the Loseipeg Jest look to be keeping pace tonight w/ the rest of the drecks.

Talking like this really takes concentration. I keep wanting to say certain teams won when really they "lost."

Luckily Winnipeg came into the night pointless.

Edited by Tankalicious

After getting beat by the isles twice in weekend looks like Canes may be a primary competitor for the pick. Hard to root for canes but wanted them to beat the isles.

Looks like one of us is goi g to get it first win this season Tuesday night. Good thing is most canes fans have no clue about McDavid so their jumbo tron guy will be posting all sorts of drivel about buffalo.

I think Carolina has better goaltending and slightly more scoring power (once healthy) than what Buffalo has. Though disappointing to see both Staals out of action. As long as Meszaros and Benoit remain a D paring - we should see this through.

though I do admit the Canes are really scaring me at this point.

Loved seeing Arizona out-play LA last night. At one point they had outshot the kings 37-15.

I think Carolina has better goaltending and slightly more scoring power (once healthy) than what Buffalo has. Though disappointing to see both Staals out of action. As long as Meszaros and Benoit remain a D paring - we should see this through.

though I do admit the Canes are really scaring me at this point.

Loved seeing Arizona out-play LA last night. At one point they had outshot the kings 37-15.

Only one Staal is out and it's not the better one. Skinner is out. Khodobin is good but Ward is terrible.

Edited by Tankalicious