Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Trade Ristolainen Myers before he becomes the next Kalinin... I have yet to see what all the hype about this kid is.

Myers Ristolainen is pure beast and he's young with a favorable cap number. I wouldn't move him unless the return is substantial.. top 10 pick or similar.

Maybe it's just me, but this corrected post seems to make more sense than the original. Edited by BagBoy

Unless the offer is too good to be true. Like McKinnon, Duschene, Mantha (maybe?), Hall, or whatever great young scorer is offered.

Mantha is the only one on that list that might be remotely considered. Jordan Eberle might be the closest we could get. Eberle for Myers and a 3rd.

Realistically, any Myers trade would probably involve one or two top offensive prospects that can't crack their current lineup yet but are ready.

Edited by Tankalicious

Mantha is the only one on that list that might be remotely considered. Jordan Eberle might be the closest we could get. Eberle for Myers and a 3rd.

Realistically, any Myers trade would probably involve one or two top offensive prospects that can't crack their current lineup yet but are ready.

If you couldn't tell, I wasn't listing guys that should/can/or will be traded for Myers. Just examples of players you naked the deal for. I thought that was pretty self explanatory but with you its always a mystery.

I only trade Myers if he is part of a package to get a better player in return.

These supposed trade "packages" don't happen. It's a Sabres Fan bigfoot.

He said a Sabres fan's Bigfoot. I think you missed that nuance.

Well, quoting ink from another post... "This is just stupid." We have a new GM who has shown he has balls. So if he meant specifically that this franchise doesn't do these deals then it's not a fair statement.

Well, quoting ink from another post... "This is just stupid." We have a new GM who has shown he has balls. So if he meant specifically that this franchise doesn't do these deals then it's not a fair statement.

I have a 6 week old baby in my arms so please do the leg work and show me your packages. ;)

I want.to be wrong.

Edited by inkman

I have a 6 week old baby in my arms so please do the leg work and show me your packages. ;)

I want.to be wrong.

Do you mean packages from Buffalo? No examples in the six months of work six/seven months that Murray has been here. But he looks like the aggressive type to make that move.

But if you really want to see a package I'm going to need a more personal venue.

Edited by Tankalicious

Do you mean packages from Buffalo? No examples in the six months of work six/seven months that Murray has been here. But he looks like the aggressive type to make that move.

But if you really want to see a package I'm going to need a more personal venue.

Just a list of trades involving several players traded for one marquee player

Just a list of trades involving several players traded for one marquee player

Mike Richards to LA for Simmonds and Schenn.

Rick Nash to NY for Dubinsky, Anisomov and Erixon.

Bobby Ryan to Ottawa for Silvferberg, Noeson and a third.

Ryan Kesler to Anaheim for Nick Bonino and Lucas Sbisa.

Jason Spezza to Dallas for Chiasson and two prospects.

Could probably pull a few more if I really wanted to.

The obvious trend is that those are offseason deals, which is why I think Myers is unlikely to go anywhere during the season.

Edited by Tankalicious

Mike Richards to LA for Simmonds and Schenn.

Rick Nash to NY for Dubinsky, Anisomov and Erixon.

Bobby Ryan to Ottawa for Silvferberg, Noeson and a third.

Ryan Kesler to Anaheim for Nick Bonino and Lucas Sbisa.

Jason Spezza to Dallas for Chiasson and two prospects.

Could probably pull a few more if I really wanted to.

The obvious trend is that those are offseason deals, which is why I think Myers is unlikely to go anywhere during the season.

Good info. I thought the packages would be bigger. Seriously though, Myers looks more like the marquee guy than a part of the package. I mean if your dealing Myers plus it better be Nathan Z McKinnon coming back.

Good info. I thought the packages would be bigger. Seriously though, Myers looks more like the marquee guy than a part of the package. I mean if your dealing Myers plus it better be Nathan Z McKinnon coming back.

Myers plus gets you guys like Eberle, I think.

Myers alone gets you guys like Silvferberg, Schenn or Voracek plus.

If we ship out Myers then I would love if we made a strong move and dealt some of our prospects/picks for Keith Yandle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.