Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I didn't really want to start a specific thread for just this trade talk in case other stuff comes up that we can discuss here in one thread... But Dreger and McKenzie report that the trade talks have already started for Buffalo.

Dreger: Red Wings believed to be interested in Sabres' Tyler Myers

http://www.thescore....nhl/news/600361

"The Sabres are downplaying it, but reality sucks sometimes, and the reality for the Sabres is they're going to be real bad this year," Dreger said Thursday.

"Detroit (is) believed to be interested," he added. "(The Sabres) have had talks with the Red Wings about (a) trade, and perhaps Anaheim as well."

Edited by Tank

Mantha or nope.

Was my first thought, but it's definitely a "nope" then. He's also out for a while.

Murray is asking for three players and a first. If you're looking for three players then it has to be lesser prospects.

A trade with Detroit would probably look like Tatar, Kindl, a prospect and a pick.

Edited by Tankalicious

Who else does Detroit have besides Mantha that we would be looking at? Their best center prospect is listed as a power forward (Riley Sheahan) and I think we're pretty set in that department with Lemiuex and cast. They're best goalie prospect (Mrazek) is only 6 foot, and we know Murray likes his goalies big so I don't seem him being an option. So who're we really looking at? Larkin? I can't believe Tim wants another 1st round pick, or rather that he would settle for that being the main part of a package deal for Myers.

I don't see how this is "lazy journalism," at all. There has been talks that Detroit is aggressively searching for a puck-moving dman and doesn't want to wait. If there have been recent talks then it's their job to report it.

I know Anaheim was close to landing Leddy. They might want to make a move after how bad they looked on d last night.

I don't see how this is "lazy journalism," at all. There has been talks that Detroit is aggressively searching for a puck-moving dman and doesn't want to wait. If there have been recent talks then it's their job to report it.

I know Anaheim was close to landing Leddy. They might want to make a move after how bad they looked on d last night.

It's lazy journalism because if you read the transcript, which I expect you did, you can see immediately that Dreger is essentially reporting that he's heard rumors -- he is NOT reporting that his sources are telling him that the Sabres really are shopping Myers.

Myers is one of the few Veteran Sabres I see playing a key role on this team when it gets good.

We have lots of prospects. We have one top-pairing right-handed defenceman.

Trading him for prospects is stupid.

Agreed. I think, like any player, Myers is on the table if the other GM feels like doing something "totally stupid", or however Murray phrased it. Maybe someone in Detroit mentioned Myers as someone they'd like to trade for, but it doesn't mean the package is something that could/would entice Murray.

It's lazy journalism because if you read the transcript, which I expect you did, you can see immediately that Dreger is essentially reporting that he's heard rumors -- he is NOT reporting that his sources are telling him that the Sabres really are shopping Myers.

I actually haven't read the transcript. I just read the story. Just woke up actually and haven't gotten the day started.

But if there have been talks then it's not lazy journalism. He's reporting the important part. If there have been talks it doesn't matter if he's being shopped. If they're willing to move him and engage in talks then that's enough to end it.

As part of his jobDreger is required to tell us what kind of trade chatter there has been.

He probably needs to recycle old rumours from time to time to fill time.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Holland called mUrray after training camp and asked if he had changed his mind on Myers.

Murray said not at alll, knock my socks off with an offer and he's yours.

Nothing new to see here.

I just can't see us trading Myers, unless Detroit overpays heavy wich isn't their style.

I'm there as well.

I know there are no untradeables on this roster, but w/ the time it takes for D to mature, the age of their forward prospects, and the flashes Myers has shown; I see him as nearly untradeable.

I also don't see him as a piece that brings in multiple prospects; they've got plenty of prospects, they need to start landing stars/ near stars to put the prospects around. IF he's traded, I see it as more of a 1 for 1, or the Sabres include him in a package for a true stud (and those guys rarely come on the market, so it's real tough to predict / expect that package deal stud to be there).

Trade Ristolainen before he becomes the next Kalinin... I have yet to see what all the hype about this kid is.

Myers is pure beast and he's young with a favorable cap number. I wouldn't move him unless the return is substantial.. top 10 pick or similar.

I actually haven't read the transcript. I just read the story. Just woke up actually and haven't gotten the day started.

But if there have been talks then it's not lazy journalism. He's reporting the important part. If there have been talks it doesn't matter if he's being shopped. If they're willing to move him and engage in talks then that's enough to end it.

The transcript, which was in the link posted in the GDT, implied that the talks occurred last year, not recently.

Myers has gone from Franchise bust overpaid wuss head case to bobby orr.

:doh:

I don't see how this is "lazy journalism," at all. There has been talks that Detroit is aggressively searching for a puck-moving dman and doesn't want to wait.

So they just continued talks from last season

Trade Ristolainen before he becomes the next Kalinin... I have yet to see what all the hype about this kid is.

Myers is pure beast and he's young with a favorable cap number. I wouldn't move him unless the return is substantial.. top 10 pick or similar.

LMAO :w00t: ...good one....oh you're serious :blink:

Hey Sabres are likely to trade people. They have lots of D prospects. They probably could trade Myers, he's a big name. Detroit needs D help. Creates rumor.

Recycles during offseason

Recycles after Sabres lose a game

Somehow, i don't think that's how Darren Dreger does work.

You've made that conclusion already after 34 NHL games by Ristolainen?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.