Prediction time: who's gonna be the captain?

nfreeman

Who's the fearless leader?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Teddy choose as captain? (This question is for your prediction as to Teddy's choice, not your preference.)

• Myers
    • Gorges
    • Weber
    • Gionta
    • Ennis
    • Stafford
    • Girgensons
    • Hodgson
    • Moulson
  2. 2. If it were up to you, who would you choose as captain?

• Myers
    • Gorges
    • Weber
    • Risto
    • Gionta
    • Ennis
    • Stafford
    • Girgensons
    • Hodgson
    • Moulson
    • Foligno
    • Reinhart
    • No permanent captain -- rotating captaincy
  3. 3. Who will Teddy choose as alternates (choose 2)?

• Myers
    • Gorges
    • Weber
    • Risto
    • Gionta
    • Ennis
    • Stafford
    • Girgensons
    • Hodgson
    • Moulson
    • Foligno
    • Reinhart

So...I guess I'm the only one who thinks it'll be Myers, eh?

Perhaps I need to reevaluate.

There is a better chance the Sports Shrink will have the training staff fill Myers' Gatorade bottles with colostrum than there is of him getting the captaincy.

Did you see the strategic pairing of Nolan and Myers handing out season tickets? You don't think that wasn't to get him locked into a car with him for 4-5 hours to feel him out?

There is a better chance the Sports Shrink will have the training staff fill Myers' Gatorade bottles with colostrum than there is of him getting the captaincy.

Did you see the strategic pairing of Nolan and Myers handing out season tickets? You don't think that wasn't to get him locked into a car with him for 4-5 hours to feel him out?

Interesting. You're probably right about that.

Interesting. You're probably right about that.

My guess is that Nolan and TM know he is damaged goods to a point, but there wasn't a high enough return on a trade out there for him because of the contract. They are caught in no-man's land with Myers, so might as well try and work as much magic as you can with him. It all goes back to the "Hug/Kick in the Rear" quote when Nolan first started. He's been handing out nothing but hugs for Myers. You shouldn't have to do that for a guy who is paid to be an All-Star, but it is what it is as this point. My guess is if Risto and Zadorov look ready for full time duty in the top 4 by next year, Myers gets packaged this season with someone for a top 6 young forward.

My guess is that Nolan and TM know he is damaged goods to a point, but there wasn't a high enough return on a trade out there for him because of the contract. They are caught in no-man's land with Myers, so might as well try and work as much magic as you can with him. It all goes back to the "Hug/Kick in the Rear" quote when Nolan first started. He's been handing out nothing but hugs for Myers. You shouldn't have to do that for a guy who is paid to be an All-Star, but it is what it is as this point. My guess is if Risto and Zadorov look ready for full time duty in the top 4 by next year, Myers gets packaged this season with someone for a top 6 young forward.

I will go ahead and say NFW that Myers is traded this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will be Gionta. He's a "hometown" guy. He was the "C" in an extremely tough hockey market where they don't particular care for non-Francophones leading their teams.

I think Gorges gets a letter as well.

My final choice was Stafford based on longevity and commitment to the team. I figured it might also help his trade value. :)

I debated Moulson and Ennis but they lost to Stafford.

Gionta gets the C. Myers and Moulson get A's.

I'm glad they are putting some of the onus of leadership on Myers.

Time for him to be a man.

So Sizzle's was a prediction, not news. My mistake.

I hope Sizzle and dudacek use this rebuild as an opportunity to raise their games. Time to show up like leaders.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.