SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

32 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve lost a few close games.  I probably need to run the table in order to make the playoffs. 

I was in 1st place for a minute. Last two weeks, between injuries and bye weeks....my team is trashed. Even Emmanuel Sanders had zero catches against the Phins yesterday. It's getting fugly.

55 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Team for sale. Clown Shoes is open for offers. With Derrick Henry most likely done for the season, so is Clown Shoes. Way too many injuries to recover from. My #1 RB is now Devonte Booker, lol. I give up!!!

Lopsided trades will be subject vetoes.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Lopsided trades will be subject vetoes.

I'm not looking to give away what I have left. I'll still try. Just shocked at what has happened to my #1 team the last few weeks. I'll still look to get better somehow. I'm no quitter.

What'll you give me for Kyler Murray? Lol

Edited by Claude Balls

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm not looking to give away what I have left. I'll still try. Just shocked at what has happened to my #1 team the last few weeks. I'll still look to get better somehow. I'm no quitter.

What'll you give me for Kyler Murray? Lol

I have a good crop of wide receivers. I desperately need a quarterback.

• 1 month later...

I have a trophy for the winner. I will finish it up when the rest of it comes in after Christmas.

It is a Jim Kelly Funko pop on top of a 6 inch pine cube. I’ll probably paint it and then we will use a gold or silver sharpie to write in the winners. 

• Thanks (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations @LabattBlue! Nicely done.

i’m still working on the trophy, since the 6 inch block was way too big for the topper. I have a 4 inch one coming in.

in the meantime, I am going to get a little engraving done for it and I could use any suggestions on what should be engraved.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Another idea would be to glue it on a stack of hockey pucks and sort of sign them like the Eichel tower ones. Maybe 2 to 4 per puck. 

Could maybe have the pucks painted either blue or gold & then have the "signature" done in the other color.  Might look sharp & would be a nod towards it not just being a hockey focused football league but Sabres focused.  Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Could maybe have the pucks painted either blue or gold & then have the "signature" done in the other color.  Might look sharp & would be a nod towards it not just being a hockey focused football league but Sabres focused.  Just a thought.

That’s what I was thinking. Originally thinking one stack since it would look like the Stanley Cup and be small. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

That’s what I was thinking. Originally thinking one stack since it would look like the Stanley Cup and be small. 

Treat it like the Stanley Cup.  Start w 1 puck.  When it fills up with signatures, glue on another puck.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

32 minutes ago, SDS said:

Another idea would be to glue it on a stack of hockey pucks and sort of sign them like the Eichel tower ones. Maybe 2 to 4 per puck. 

Not a bad idea either. Considering it's a hockey board trophy, I like it. 

Edited by Norcal

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

Treat it like the Stanley Cup.  Start w 1 puck.  When it fills up with signatures, glue on another puck.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Or there could be 4 or 6 pucks (whatever looks "right") and when all the spaces are full, just toss the oldest pucks & replace them with blank ones.  VERY NHLish.  😉

On 1/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, LabattBlue said:

I started off 2-0, lost 7 in a row, then won last 6 regular season games, and the 2 playoff games.    

Definitely a roller coaster ride to the championship. 😊

Congrats!  I started out 5-1, then 6-2, then team faded.

• 6 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.