SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

3 hours ago, SDS said:

If you’re using the mobile app, it doesn’t appear to be showing. You can see it on a desktop.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 8.20.35 AM.png

Clicking the "draft" tab on the desktop brings me to a bunch of mocks and not to anything specific to our league.

Yes, I'm the same guy who had problems with the interface last year.

Just now, Derrico said:

How was it determined?  I thought it would be randomized 30 min before the draft like most others?

Yahoo gives you a choice. It can be randomized 30 minutes before the game or you can tell them to randomize it now and let people prepare. No one seemed to push back about the order so I did it this morning.

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Yahoo gives you a choice. It can be randomized 30 minutes before the game or you can tell them to randomize it now and let people prepare. No one seemed to push back about the order so I did it this morning.

This was a good idea.  There's nothing to be gained by waiting and this lets people prepare.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m sorry about that. It happens to someone every year. I generated the random order once and that’s what it gave.

I trust you SDS.  If this was wildcard we would be looking at bringing in officials NHL style to oversee the lottery😉

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m sorry about that. It happens to someone every year. I generated the random order once and that’s what it gave.

As commish in my other leagues I always play it straight up. Fantasy Karma is real. 

For the record, I like 12th pick. I can take two players and chill for a while in between. 

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I think one minute in between picks is too little. I think a minute and a half would be better. 

I had two drafts last night, and both started at 8:30.  Our league ended at what, about 9:10?  The other one--with only ten players--ended at 9:50 with two minute picks.  There's no reason why people can't look ahead and be ready to take someone when it's their turn, but some people always will take every second they can (or will abandon the draft without clicking "autodraft").

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I had two drafts last night, and both started at 8:30.  Our league ended at what, about 9:10?  The other one--with only ten players--ended at 9:50 with two minute picks.  There's no reason why people can't look ahead and be ready to take someone when it's their turn, but some people always will take every second they can (or will abandon the draft without clicking "autodraft").

The problem is that after the first round or two it’s almost impossible to keep up with who has been drafted while still picking the person you want. There’s barely enough time to scratch names off any draft sheet you may have. And if your league is drafting people every 20 seconds it makes it way too hard.

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You’re wrong, because when 1/3 of the league isn’t in the draft, everyone is sitting around playing with their pixie sticks. 

I don’t think this happened with us last night. I think everyone was there. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

This league has proven to be a challenge.  I normally play in 10 team leagues, and a 12 teamer makes the waiver wire pretty weak.  

In past leagues, I have advocated for a smaller bench so that managers are required to be more active in their rosters and the pool of eligible players is greater. I think it works pretty well with four on the bench.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.