SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

We have problems with two games that will be postponed.  The proposal is to play the games on Monday or Tuesday, but who knows if that will happen.  I have two ideas on how to address it:

1.  Wait until the games eventually are played and adjust the scores accordingly at that time.  Problem is, this could be weeks or even never.

2.  Not count the opponent's corresponding player.  For example, if someone has Juju Smith-Shuster as WR1, their opponent's WR1 counts for 0.  Problem is, people will move their normal WR3 to the WR1 spot.

I'm open to other suggestions.  I'd like to see some sort of consensus before 5pm tomorrow because there is a game tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I don't know why you should do anything. It's like taking a risk when a player is questionable to play. You make a decision to keep him in or bench him. Maybe you're right, maybe not.

I don't hate this, but if that player goes on to play two games in one week because of a makeup situation, then where are we?

30 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

There is a game tomorrow, but can't we adjust our lineups right up until 1 p.m. on Sunday? I would hope we would have an answer by then if the games will be played Mon or Tue, then adjust accordingly.

Yes.  Someone might need to make their substitution by tomorrow, though.

58 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I don't know why you should do anything. It's like taking a risk when a player is questionable to play. You make a decision to keep him in or bench him. Maybe you're right, maybe not.

I think this is where I'm at as well. I'm commissioner in a money league and I told my guys to adjust their lineups accordingly. If they choose to start a player and the game is played by Weds I will adjust their points as needed for the players affected. 

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't hate this, but if that player goes on to play two games in one week because of a makeup situation, then where are we?

Good question. I think the matchup points should stay with this week regardless of when it was played? 

41 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Oh, and tangentially related, I think any team that can't play due to COVID outbreaks should have to forfeit.  No rescheduling.  Consequences.

As in if any of the Raiders test positive after breaking league and state protocols, they should forfeit this weeks game. Bunch of morons.

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

Meaning that they would be bench points for week 4?  Just trying to clarify.

Unprecedented territory. Now that its been postponed I dont know what to think. I figured it would get played by weds and make it easier to roll em into this week. Now, not sure where they will end up playing or if it will affect other weeks and possibly result in two scores for these players in a later week

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Unprecedented territory. Now that its been postponed I dont know what to think. I figured it would get played by weds and make it easier to roll em into this week. Now, not sure where they will end up playing or if it will affect other weeks and possibly result in two scores for these players in a later week

If a player gets 2 scores for one week, I'd say the best option is using the average of those two scores.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.