Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Derrico

Sabrespace Fantasy Football League

Recommended Posts

Just now, Eleven said:

The draft room is open.

This has been resolved, but the main reason is that we hadn't heard from you in a while and I didn't realize until after 5pm today that you had, in fact, signed into the league (at 12:20 am today).  It took a lot of maneuvering by @SDS to get you back in.

This is of greater concern to me.  I thought you were too.  It is the result of miscommunication and I bear the fault for it.

It's cool.  But would like to have 1st dibs if a team opens up  next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Ill join if you set up another one

YOU'RE IN THIS ONE!

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

It's cool.  But would like to have 1st dibs if a team opens up  next year.

One might open up in five minutes if @North Buffalo doesn't pull it together.

 

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol im in but will do 2

 

I never have it together 

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

lol im in but will do 2

 

I never have it together 

Ha!  You start one and I'll join, how's that?  I'm never going to be a co-commissioner again--and that's with Scott doing 90% of the work!  Now I see why Derrico bowed out.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It's cool.  But would like to have 1st dibs if a team opens up  next year.

Up to @Derrico because he is going to win whatever his battle is and be commish next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Ha!  You start one and I'll join, how's that?  I'm never going to be a co-commissioner again--and that's with Scott doing 90% of the work!  Now I see why Derrico bowed out.

Up to @Derrico because he is going to win whatever his battle is and be commish next year.

Fair enough.  @Derrico, git 'er dun.  (Doing that right? 😉 )

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lacking a tight end whom I like.  Trade proposals are welcome, as long as they are serious trade proposals.  As in, Zach Ertz for Ezekiel Elliot, no, please don't bother.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Waratahs got me a few times. Still, I like my team, but my RBs blow

Backs are always in demand in this league. Gone before you know it in the draft and slim pickins on the waiver wire

Dictated my whole draft this year

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Backs are always in demand in this league. Gone before you know it in the draft and slim pickins on the waiver wire

Dictated my whole draft this year

Ezekiel Elliott might as well be Kim Jong-Un but I drafted him because of this.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the reliance on running backs. Every position should have at least a decent starter and it’s never the case with the running back’s. You’re at the mercy of injury and everything that’s left is garbage.

honestly, I think one mandatory running back for league is the way to go. That’s just me though…

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SDS said:

I hate the reliance on running backs. Every position should have at least a decent starter and it’s never the case with the running back’s. You’re at the mercy of injury and everything that’s left is garbage.

honestly, I think one mandatory running back for league is the way to go. That’s just me though…

100% agree.  This is a flaw of the model that has become consistent across all FF platforms.  The most important position in football (QB) is devalued, while the most fungible position in football (RB) is over-valued.

But hey, ESPN and yahoo and CBS and NFL, etc., well, they know best.  

So I have to draft Elliott third.

I never have played Rotiserrie baseball, but I'm tempted to just to see how a well-regulated system works.  NHL fantasy is just as bad.  Points for PIM?!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I'm lacking a tight end whom I like.  Trade proposals are welcome, as long as they are serious trade proposals.  As in, Zach Ertz for Ezekiel Elliot, no, please don't bother.  

You got me too and Pi more than once

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

You got me too

Wow.  Yes, you're worse off at TE.  Who the heck is Mike Gesicki?  And Greg Olsen is even older than Letang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

100% agree.  This is a flaw of the model that has become consistent across all FF platforms.  The most important position in football (QB) is devalued, while the most fungible position in football (RB) is over-valued.

But hey, ESPN and yahoo and CBS and NFL, etc., well, they know best.  

So I have to draft Elliott third.

I never have played Rotiserrie baseball, but I'm tempted to just to see how a well-regulated system works.  NHL fantasy is just as bad.  Points for PIM?!

Well, this can be fixed by the roster and scoring system. We can debate this after the season. I’d like to try a new format. 
 

one change I made to a league I was in two years ago was make a very short bench. It forced managers to make tough decisions on who to keep and who to cut and win to play on any given week. It also forced decent players back into the pool to help lower teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Backs are always in demand in this league. Gone before you know it in the draft and slim pickins on the waiver wire

Dictated my whole draft this year

Usually my entire philosophy. Half drunk cooking dinner for the lady I fell asleep at the wheel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, why was I bumped?

Thought I was in this year.

I am really sorry about this. You said multiple times that you were going to play... what’s even worse is that I hustled to get a few last minute players to fill out the league. I’ll take the blame for this. I should have read back further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am really sorry about this. You said multiple times that you were going to play... what’s even worse is that I hustled to get a few last minute players to fill out the league. I’ll take the blame for this. I should have read back further.

No, you won't take the blame for this.  This is on me, 100%.  Not 99, not 98, 100.  Sorry again, @Taro T.  I should have been more observant when I was looking at the rosters; I knew Taro wanted to play last month.  It is absolutely not Scott's fault.  It's mine.

Next time you and your beloved (and perhaps offspring thereof) are in town, a round is on me.  I really am sorry, Taro.

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Wow.  Yes, you're worse off at TE.  Who the heck is Mike Gesicki?  And Greg Olsen is even older than Letang.

Gesicki actually highly rated with the fish.

Olsen bkup

PM me if you want join, set up league for Taro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eleven said:

Up to @Derrico because he is going to win whatever his battle is and be commish next year.

Man you don’t even know how much that comment means.  Thanks buddy.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Fair enough.  @Derrico, git 'er dun.  (Doing that right? 😉 )

Thanks buddy.  
 

Sorry the switch over had this impact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SDS said:

I am really sorry about this. You said multiple times that you were going to play... what’s even worse is that I hustled to get a few last minute players to fill out the league. I’ll take the blame for this. I should have read back further.

 

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

No, you won't take the blame for this.  This is on me, 100%.  Not 99, not 98, 100.  Sorry again, @Taro T.  I should have been more observant when I was looking at the rosters; I knew Taro wanted to play last month.  It is absolutely not Scott's fault.  It's mine.

Next time you and your beloved (and perhaps offspring thereof) are in town, a round is on me.  I really am sorry, Taro.

it's all good.

Really was fine with getting bumped until next year as I am crazy busy with work.  But am very appreciative NB started the 2nd league.  Now, to try to figure out how to arrange schedule to be able to attend the draft.

Thanks.  🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to let everyone know that Yahoo is really screwing up in other fantasy areas so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens for Fantasy Football, even though it’s their bell cow.

I play a few other fantasy sports and DFS and in the last week or so they’ve gone off the rails.  Players’ season history is being wiped out and they’re not totaling the scores correctly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...