SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

Just now, Eleven said:

The draft room is open.

This has been resolved, but the main reason is that we hadn't heard from you in a while and I didn't realize until after 5pm today that you had, in fact, signed into the league (at 12:20 am today).  It took a lot of maneuvering by @SDS to get you back in.

This is of greater concern to me.  I thought you were too.  It is the result of miscommunication and I bear the fault for it.

It's cool.  But would like to have 1st dibs if a team opens up  next year.

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

lol im in but will do 2

I never have it together 

Ha!  You start one and I'll join, how's that?  I'm never going to be a co-commissioner again--and that's with Scott doing 90% of the work!  Now I see why Derrico bowed out.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It's cool.  But would like to have 1st dibs if a team opens up  next year.

Up to @Derrico because he is going to win whatever his battle is and be commish next year.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Ha!  You start one and I'll join, how's that?  I'm never going to be a co-commissioner again--and that's with Scott doing 90% of the work!  Now I see why Derrico bowed out.

Up to @Derrico because he is going to win whatever his battle is and be commish next year.

Fair enough.  @Derrico, git 'er dun.  (Doing that right? 😉 )

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Waratahs got me a few times. Still, I like my team, but my RBs blow

Backs are always in demand in this league. Gone before you know it in the draft and slim pickins on the waiver wire

Dictated my whole draft this year

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Backs are always in demand in this league. Gone before you know it in the draft and slim pickins on the waiver wire

Ezekiel Elliott might as well be Kim Jong-Un but I drafted him because of this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I hate the reliance on running backs. Every position should have at least a decent starter and it’s never the case with the running back’s. You’re at the mercy of injury and everything that’s left is garbage.

honestly, I think one mandatory running back for league is the way to go. That’s just me though…

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

I hate the reliance on running backs. Every position should have at least a decent starter and it’s never the case with the running back’s. You’re at the mercy of injury and everything that’s left is garbage.

honestly, I think one mandatory running back for league is the way to go. That’s just me though…

100% agree.  This is a flaw of the model that has become consistent across all FF platforms.  The most important position in football (QB) is devalued, while the most fungible position in football (RB) is over-valued.

But hey, ESPN and yahoo and CBS and NFL, etc., well, they know best.  

So I have to draft Elliott third.

I never have played Rotiserrie baseball, but I'm tempted to just to see how a well-regulated system works.  NHL fantasy is just as bad.  Points for PIM?!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I'm lacking a tight end whom I like.  Trade proposals are welcome, as long as they are serious trade proposals.  As in, Zach Ertz for Ezekiel Elliot, no, please don't bother.  

You got me too and Pi more than once

Edited by North Buffalo

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

100% agree.  This is a flaw of the model that has become consistent across all FF platforms.  The most important position in football (QB) is devalued, while the most fungible position in football (RB) is over-valued.

But hey, ESPN and yahoo and CBS and NFL, etc., well, they know best.  

So I have to draft Elliott third.

I never have played Rotiserrie baseball, but I'm tempted to just to see how a well-regulated system works.  NHL fantasy is just as bad.  Points for PIM?!

Well, this can be fixed by the roster and scoring system. We can debate this after the season. I’d like to try a new format. 

one change I made to a league I was in two years ago was make a very short bench. It forced managers to make tough decisions on who to keep and who to cut and win to play on any given week. It also forced decent players back into the pool to help lower teams. 

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Usually my entire philosophy. Half drunk cooking dinner for the lady I fell asleep at the wheel 

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, why was I bumped?

Thought I was in this year.

I am really sorry about this. You said multiple times that you were going to play... what’s even worse is that I hustled to get a few last minute players to fill out the league. I’ll take the blame for this. I should have read back further.

24 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am really sorry about this. You said multiple times that you were going to play... what’s even worse is that I hustled to get a few last minute players to fill out the league. I’ll take the blame for this. I should have read back further.

No, you won't take the blame for this.  This is on me, 100%.  Not 99, not 98, 100.  Sorry again, @Taro T.  I should have been more observant when I was looking at the rosters; I knew Taro wanted to play last month.  It is absolutely not Scott's fault.  It's mine.

Next time you and your beloved (and perhaps offspring thereof) are in town, a round is on me.  I really am sorry, Taro.

Edited by Eleven

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

Man you don’t even know how much that comment means.  Thanks buddy.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Fair enough.  @Derrico, git 'er dun.  (Doing that right? 😉 )

Thanks buddy.  

Sorry the switch over had this impact.  

12 hours ago, SDS said:

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

No, you won't take the blame for this.  This is on me, 100%.  Not 99, not 98, 100.  Sorry again, @Taro T.  I should have been more observant when I was looking at the rosters; I knew Taro wanted to play last month.  It is absolutely not Scott's fault.  It's mine.

Next time you and your beloved (and perhaps offspring thereof) are in town, a round is on me.  I really am sorry, Taro.

it's all good.

Really was fine with getting bumped until next year as I am crazy busy with work.  But am very appreciative NB started the 2nd league.  Now, to try to figure out how to arrange schedule to be able to attend the draft.

Thanks.  🍺

Just wanted to let everyone know that Yahoo is really screwing up in other fantasy areas so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens for Fantasy Football, even though it’s their bell cow.

I play a few other fantasy sports and DFS and in the last week or so they’ve gone off the rails.  Players’ season history is being wiped out and they’re not totaling the scores correctly.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.