SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

On 12/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, SDS said:

Thanks @Derrico  any thoughts about having a trophy to ship around every year? I’m sure there is something ridiculous we could come up with. 

This is a fantastic idea!  We have our regular crew here that play each year.  I know it’s not for money but having a trophy that gets sent around is such a good idea.

18 hours ago, Derrico said:

This is a fantastic idea!  We have our regular crew here that play each year.  I know it’s not for money but having a trophy that gets sent around is such a good idea.

Would it be Bills, generic football, or Sabres based? I’m open to ideas. 

Why not copy the League's "Shiva," but use one of Chz' avatars in place of the photo from the original?  You could call it the "Cheeva."

PS, now that the league is Yahoo based rather than NFL.com, would like to rejoin if anybody bows out.  (Or, at least get back on the wait list.)

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Why not copy the League's "Shiva," but use one of Chz' avatars in place of the photo from the original?  You could call it the "Cheeva."

PS, now that the league is Yahoo based rather than NFL.com, would like to rejoin if anybody bows out.  (Or, at least get back on the wait list.)

So I was unaware of the reference so I had to look it up…

Maybe last year’s winner photo has to be displayed in the next year’s winners home for a year and then they change the picture?

55C761E9-6703-45E9-8695-CA8FB48D2DB9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

So I was unaware of the reference so I had to look it up…

Maybe last year’s winner photo has to be displayed in the next year’s winners home for a year and then they change the picture?

55C761E9-6703-45E9-8695-CA8FB48D2DB9.jpeg

I’m up for anything as well. Bonus points for it being funny.  Glad your in this league now SDS!

On 12/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, Derrico said:

Yes a big congrats to @WildCard for taking home the 2019 championship!   

As we have been accustomed too it was another very competitive league.  I regularly win leagues with other buddies yet cannot even make the playoffs in this one.  

I intend on running this again next year and similar to years past if you want in again you have first priority if you were in this year.  I don’t have to know now; I’ll reach out in August.  What’s everyone’s thoughts on having 6 teams make the playoffs next year with the top two getting a bye?  I wouldn’t mind seeing that but if majority wants to keep it as is with 4 playoff teams and no byes that’s cool with me too.

That would be good. Give more teams a shot! I'm good for a trophy, I'll chip in whatever. 

• 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Will they even play this year? Will they finish the season if they do play? Will star players miss games? So many unknowns this year!! 

Yes was wondering if I should set this up again or not.

Sounds like we’re running a season.  As per past years - if you were in last season you have first opportunity.  Please let me know ASAP if you are back in again or not.  If I haven’t heard by August 12 I will assume you are out and will move to top of the wait list.  Thanks all.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Derrico said:

When are you back wildcard?  It’s usually not until a day or two before the season

I missed this. I could do it later, I'm back Sept. 1st

27 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I’m really sorry guys but my health has really flared up again negatively.  Could someone else please take over running this league?  I’m sorry, I just don’t have the energy for anything else.

Sorry to hear that man, I hope everything is alright

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2020 at 7:36 AM, Derrico said:

Sounds like we’re running a season.  As per past years - if you were in last season you have first opportunity.  Please let me know ASAP if you are back in again or not.  If I haven’t heard by August 12 I will assume you are out and will move to top of the wait list.  Thanks all.

Im in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.