[Game Day] Sabres @ Devils 7:30PM

SabresBeat

Ok, this is nuts... Roy just got smoked for the 2nd time, and no penalty this time either.

They showed Drury on the bench, looked like he was in pain from something. Don't know though....

by the way, how night and day is the comparison listening to Emrick and Resch tonight then the NESN assclowns. Yes, they are Devil fans/announcers but they acknowledge good plays and good hockey despite which team made the play

I find it amazing that an NHL team can go a whole game without a player committing an offence worth a penalty.

Apparently other than the bench minor, the Devils are a perfect group of men who never do anything worthy of a penalty.

If Buffalo ends up playing NJ in the playoffs, it is over.

As a fan of Buffalo and Vancouver I appreciate that they "try" to score lots of goals and don't just sit back and play boring boring BORING HOCKEY. NJ, Minny are both embarassments to the game.

I find it amazing that an NHL team can go a whole game without a player committing an offence worth a penalty.

Apparently other than the bench minor, the Devils are a perfect group of men who never do anything worthy of a penalty.

As a fan of Buffalo and Vancouver I appreciate that they "try" to score lots of goals and don't just sit back and play boring boring BORING HOCKEY. NJ, Minny are both embrassments to the game.

I stopped going to these games in NJ the last NHL season. I don't know what it is about playing at this craphole hockey arena, but we just can't win here.

It's not like they haven't played well tonight. They are getting some good chances. Just one of those tight-checking playoff type hockey games. We will learn to win these and it is good to be playing games like this now.

I hear ya. But I've never enjoyed teams that play like NJ.

It's terrible. This game of hockey is supposed to be entertaining. Can the odd game be one where you really clamp down? Sure. But 82 times a year???

No wonder that building is half empty every night

Minnesota does it too. Last night's game against Vancity was a yawner until Van finally broke through at the very end.

Buffalo had a good first period tonight. Nothing much since.

I wonder if NJ will take a penalty??

Connolly scores!!!

They've had chances for sure, but really in the first period. Last two have been few chances..

Would have liked to see these line combinations from the start of the game, particularly Connelly and Kotalik.

You CANNOT tell me that NJ played a penalty-free game.

Wow...it's like somebody replaced our Sabres with a bunch of beer league players! How can an NHL team forget how to play hockey overnight? Biron let in two dreadful goals. Okay, they are 1-7 in their last 8. When do they finally shake themselves out of this stupor?

By the way, all they had to do is get a point and they would have clinched the playoffs tonight. With Atlanta losing, the Sabres have clinched a tie.

PTR

Wow...it's like somebody replaced our Sabres with a bunch of beer league players! How can an NHL team forget how to play hockey overnight? Biron let in two dreadful goals. Okay, they are 1-7 in their last 8. When do they finally shake themselves out of this stupor?

By the way, all they had to do is get a point and they would have clinched the playoffs tonight. With Atlanta losing, the Sabres have clinched a tie.

PTR

I have to say I actually didn't think they played a bad game tonight. Erase Biron's two crappy goals and we're still in it. Seriously, how do you not have your pad on the ice to stop that wrister. I saw some hustle from the forwards on defense and some nice breakups of scoring rushes by the Devil's. They've GOT to work on their passing though. It has been brutal of late. They're just way off the mark.

PTR

likewise, i don't think they played bad either. not easy to play and then jump on the plane and play the next night. not to mention no briere and that hurt. that suspension is absolute horsecrap.

this schedule is just brutal - i know every team is going through it, but that is why most teams are playing .500 hockey, except for a handful of teams.

likewise, i don't think they played bad either. not easy to play and then jump on the plane and play the next night. not to mention no briere and that hurt. that suspension is absolute horsecrap.

this schedule is just brutal - i know every team is going through it, but that is why most teams are playing .500 hockey, except for a handful of teams.

Alright, I went to the game, minus Biron they played pretty good. Just couldn't capitalize.

You think you dislike the Devils brand of hockey? Ha, wait until you get a load of their fans. I've met some dumb people in my life, but the guys in my row were definately right up there.

They started by saying we should go home by taking 90 North. Which 5 minutes after I pointed out that 90 doesn't go North South, they decided I should take it West.

Then when they were talking about how bad the Sabres were, I asked them where the Devils were in the standings. My absolute favorite though was that they were bragging how great Brodeur is, and I said actually Miller is having a better year despite his slump. They asked what I meant, and I pointed out he had better stats. They didn't believe me. The guy was like "Which ones." So then the 20 year old with the sign that looked like a 12 year old made it started saying "check the stats," in response to anything anyone said. So apparently when talking about a player's year stats should not be taken into consideration. I'll just go with Devil fan logic that Brodeur is the best because he's on the Devils. (Disclaimer...I am not in any way saying Miller is better than Brodeur, however, he is having a better year). Oh, and according to the genius in my row the Sabres are in 8th in the conference.

So that about sums up my game experience...Oh yeah, and apparently the Devils can beat Ottawa in the playoffs because they beat them in a shootout the other night without Hasek or Chara.

I wouldn't be so worried if I wasn't seeing a dozen horrendous giveaways a night. Kalinin's cough up tonight was frightening. But it's not just the D. Forwards are trying to dipsy doodle out of their own zone when they could just tap it off the boards to take the heat off. And I'm still seeing blind drop passes on rushes being intercepted and taken back the other way. Make the simple play. Does this team have that ability, or does everything have to be a tic-tac-toe razzle-dazzler?

As a fan of Buffalo and Vancouver I appreciate that they "try" to score lots of goals and don't just sit back and play boring boring BORING HOCKEY. NJ, Minny are both embarassments to the game.

Both embarassments to the game were caused by the same buy, Jacques Lemaire. I said to my friends when NJ beat Detroit in the 95 Finals that their winning the cup would be the ruination of hockey. I hate that I was right. Everyone started copying the Devils and look what happened.

Maybe, just maybe, that style of play still can win in the NHL. Last night's game was a pretty good reminder that discipline, strong defense and very good goaltending will always prevail over a team that takes stupid penalties, coughs the puck up time and time again and has goaltending that allows two or three cheapies every time out.

ok my take on the game from watching them for the first time. They played much better than they have been. Effort from a lot more players than against the rangers, however some still feel like they can stand around or next to there teammates.

The first goal was BS, we have good pressure in the devils zone but a sabres was tripped up when the devils started the rush up the ice, which should been called in the "new" NHL. Then I guess it was Tillander (sp) lost his man on the back door just long enough for him to get the tip. Biron not at fault at all.

The rest of that period and the second was a good effort by the boys but we couldn't get anything high quality on goal. We NEED to stop cross ice passes outta our own zone, soooo many give aways on those also the passing outta the zone needs to be better. Either the devils just knew our break out or the sabres just didn't make it clean enough.

I saw a reoccuring play the devils tried which teams might be beating us on but I don't know since I don't watch all the games. They run one guy near our net and a second in the high slot where the sabres run the center. Now this player from the devil screens the shot or interfers with the sabres from getting to lose pucks on the boards. This is where the battle was for this game.

For the 3rd period the sabres where showing that they played a game the day before. I don't remember the second goal to well but I didn't think marty was to blame for that one either. The 3rd was the worst he had no clue all on him. A few general comments, Greir is a waste, he is slow and can't be with drury. Drury can and should center a more powerful line, once he passed to greir to take it in the zone and turned it over, he is a killer. Also Pyatt has a good hard shot too bad he just doesn't seem in the right place at the right time to make a play. Lastly I saw a sabres fan leaving from my section last night 234 and a few devils fans where saying some dirty launguage lets say :) . Best part of the game was a sabres fan with this "Were in 4th place!" A large Sabres fan group for this game which was nice to see.