[Game Day] Sabres @ Devils 7:30PM

SabresBeat

ok my take on the game from watching them for the first time. They played much better than they have been. Effort from a lot more players than against the rangers, however some still feel like they can stand around or next to there teammates.

The first goal was BS, we have good pressure in the devils zone but a sabres was tripped up when the devils started the rush up the ice, which should been called in the "new" NHL. Then I guess it was Tillander (sp) lost his man on the back door just long enough for him to get the tip. Biron not at fault at all.

The rest of that period and the second was a good effort by the boys but we couldn't get anything high quality on goal. We NEED to stop cross ice passes outta our own zone, soooo many give aways on those also the passing outta the zone needs to be better. Either the devils just knew our break out or the sabres just didn't make it clean enough.

I saw a reoccuring play the devils tried which teams might be beating us on but I don't know since I don't watch all the games. They run one guy near our net and a second in the high slot where the sabres run the center. Now this player from the devil screens the shot or interfers with the sabres from getting to lose pucks on the boards. This is where the battle was for this game.

For the 3rd period the sabres where showing that they played a game the day before. I don't remember the second goal to well but I didn't think marty was to blame for that one either. The 3rd was the worst he had no clue all on him. A few general comments, Greir is a waste, he is slow and can't be with drury. Drury can and should center a more powerful line, once he passed to greir to take it in the zone and turned it over, he is a killer. Also Pyatt has a good hard shot too bad he just doesn't seem in the right place at the right time to make a play. Lastly I saw a sabres fan leaving from my section last night 234 and a few devils fans where saying some dirty launguage lets say :) . Best part of the game was a sabres fan with this "Were in 4th place!" A large Sabres fan group for this game which was nice to see.

Was that Sabres fan in a black Briere jersey? If so, that was me, haha! See my above post as to why.