Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

It's better than the NHL would do.

Agree, but slamming a guys head into the ice multiple times is as bad as it can get. Much like the NHL, it's all about the result(Carrier wasn't hurt), and not so much the action. Banning a journeyman goon for life should be a no brainer. Would there be any opposition to it?

The AHL does not consider NHL actions when taking into account suspensions. As I read it, briefly, Gillies actually was pretty clean at the AHL level.

I am sure there is some kind of limitation they can impose and there are the constant challenges to the suspensions and so on.

Still, if the players and leagues were serious about cleaning it up entirely they would do it. I would ban him for the season and let someone argue why he should be allowed to play. Nearly 700 games he has 3,000+ PIM and 11 goals in the AHL? Give me a break. He should take up MMA.

Then why is he still not on the Sabres collecting NHL $$$ on IR

I think it's a matter of being fit enough to play if he was really needed, but with some extra D available and ready to go in Rochester, there was no point in rushing him. That said, if I was McCabe I'd rather collect the $$ and sit in Buffalo.

Did I hear correctly that the AHL is experiencing with calling icing on the penalty kill?

If they are, I absolutely love it.

I wish they would do a slightly different type of icing on PK's. You just have to be outside your zone to ice it not over center ice. As it stands right now I don't get why you can ice the puck on pk's it has never made sense.

Ugh, no; I love how a brilliant point man can make all the difference by keeping it in.

I think that would be a good move if they really want to add some offense.

One rule change I really want to see: when a penalty shot is awarded the team should also get the two minute PP if the penalty shooter doesn't score. The fact that they don't is stupid. Intentionally bringing a guy down on a breakaway should result in a worse penalty than a regular one, but some might say it's better to just bring him down then let your unprepared goalie face the breakaway.

I think that would be a good move if they really want to add some offense.

One rule change I really want to see: when a penalty shot is awarded the team should also get the two minute PP if the penalty shooter doesn't score. The fact that they don't is stupid. Intentionally bringing a guy down on a breakaway should result in a worse penalty than a regular one, but some might say it's better to just bring him down then let your unprepared goalie face the breakaway.

I like this idea

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.