Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Has he done anything you'd have wanted? I think they got a poor deal for both Kesler and Garrison.

I was hard against the Sabres hiring Benning.

Just wondering if today would inspire someone to make me eat my words.

But hey, he's clearly not waiting for the market to set.

And there still could be first overall domino to fall.

Edited by dudacek

Kesler to the Ducks is at this point the trade that has the most potential impact.

James Neal to Nashville is the most shocking move at this point. This may be an example of a new GM sending a message to the dressing room. At 26 and locked in for four more years, Neal would have looked really goo din a Sabres uniform.

Are the big trades so far

Garrison

Kesler

Neal

Have I missed any? Dodgy internet combined with no access to phone 3G means i am very out of the loop

Dodgy is one of my favorite British words.

@mirtle: Hearing rumblings of potential Leafs deal. They're working on something (not picks).

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR has acquired Roman Polak from STL.

Pretty surprising.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Leafs get Polak from Blues for Gunnarsson and pick 94

I think there's been a good amount of trade activity.

Ryan Kesler, James Roman Polak, Linden Vey, Derek Dorsett and Brandon Bollig all moved in separate deals. Some solid names. I think Vey is a steal for Vancouver.

I still fully expect Spezza to be moved, but I think it'll wait until after Stastny moves. Guys like Marleau, Ehrhoff, Stewart, Niemi, Boychuk and more can all still be on the move.

@TheFourthPeriod: Interesting chatter out of AZ, as Coyotes are exploring some options and have been getting calls on Yandle.

@mirtle: Hearing rumblings of potential Leafs deal. They're working on something (not picks).

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR has acquired Roman Polak from STL.

Pretty surprising.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Leafs get Polak from Blues for Gunnarsson and pick 94

Ted Black is asleep at the wheel...if the Sabres traded fro Polak, he'd sell 10,000 jerseys overnight.....

Sounds like a bubble playoff team that will get smoked in round 1 by the West's elite.

You have to start somewhere.

The Ducks are making a play to move into the elite top four teams in the league (Boston, Chicago, LA & Pittsburgh) with the Penguins possibly taking a step back.

Damn... Wanted this domino to fall.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Sens GM Bryan Murray says he had a deal that made sense potentially with Nashville for Spezza but Spezza wouldn't waive to go there

Once again a player wants out but won't cooperate with the club. I hate NMCs with such a fiery passion. If I were a GM who a player did this to I'd tell them to lick spit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.