Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Is today the first day of the 2014-15 season or something? :unsure:

These threads are quite confusing...why wouldn't the Gryba signing go in the "free agency" thread?

(Not trying to be a jerk or anything, at all...just trying to understand how this works, it's VERY different from OBD.)

I don't understand the issue. Historically this is exactly when we start the new season thread.

I'm the thread police apparently, and I didn't even bring my handcuffs to this thread. Don't see an issue with it. The moves being made are going to impact 14-15. 13-14 is history (I know it'll be official on the 1st).

I'm the thread police apparently, and I didn't even bring my handcuffs to this thread. Don't see an issue with it. The moves being made are going to impact 14-15. 13-14 is history (I know it'll be official on the 1st).

How about when ufa courting period begins, the thread may shift over. That really is the changing of the season.

How about when ufa courting period begins, the thread may shift over. That really is the changing of the season.

I mean that's fine with me. I don't really care what the number at the Around the NHL thread says as long as we don't have to go to seven threads to discuss stuff. This thread and the Free agent frenzy thread should be pinned.

This thread would be for trades, coaching and front office stuff. Contract extensions, too.

I mean that's fine with me. I don't really care what the number at the Around the NHL thread says as long as we don't have to go to seven threads to discuss stuff. This thread and the Free agent frenzy thread should be pinned.

This thread would be for trades, coaching and front office stuff. Contract extensions, too.

yea and RFA stuff. Kinda why I put the Ottawa stuff in here.

@FriedgeHNIC

Today, NHL also approved compensation for a team losing someone hired to be head coach, GM or President/Hockey Ops with another club

Generally, we're talking a third-round draft pick, and the club doing the hiring will have a window of three years to give it up.

@DarrenDreger

Cap teams are getting nervous as NHL-NHLPA continue discussions on next years salary cap. Less than $70 mil will be problematic for many.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@AnaheimDucks: New year, new look! Pre-order the new #NHLDucks home and road jersey today! http://t.co/32pkNeWBDA http://t.co/KYQDxw7iz6

Looks appropriate for National Lacrosse League or maybe the ECHL. Basically any sport where music is playing while the action is going.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.