Sign in to follow this  
LGR4GM

Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

Sports Illustrated gives us an A+.  http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/28/nhl-draft-eastern-conference-grades

Unfortunately, the next two teams with the best grades are Toronto and Philly.  Stupid a-holes.

I was really impressed with the value Winnipeg and Columbus got in this draft. 

Winnipeg got an entire line in the first and second, and Columbus drafted beasts in Werenski, Carlson and Bittner 

Marner was the right choice at #4 though.  I think he will be a Patty Kane type winger in 2-3 years but they do have a serious lack of center depth.

I totally agree he was the right choice. He's just not a center at the NHL level. Their best center in the entire organization is Nazem Kadri. They're basically where the Sabres were when Cody Hodgson was our #1.

I'm finally watching the draft on DVR... Will leave some notes in this post as I watch (only watching a few).

Good job by Peter Chiarelli to thank the city... "Of Florida."

Wow, Eichel looked legitimately annoyed once McDavid's name was announced. I like that in him. He knew. Everybody knew. Maybe he just has resting bitch face, but it looked like more than that.

I still get nervous every time I hear Jack's dad's accent.

Watching Bettman announce the O'Reilly trade as the Sabres brass walks off the stage was kind of funny/awkward. But no league does the draft better. Let the team tell the kid he is being picked by them (other leagues have the commish do it). Announcing the trades at the podium even if they're not the pick that's on the clock is awesome. The NBA is the WORST. They don't announce trades until the last selection dealt in the deal is picked... So players have to do the media rounds wearing the gear or a team they'll never play for. So damn stupid.

I think we know that Florida is basically one redneck city from the panhandle down to--almost--the , Miami.

I totally agree he was the right choice. He's just not a center at the NHL level. Their best center in the entire organization is Nazem Kadri. They're basically where the Sabres were when Cody Hodgson was our #1.

Great point.  Also those were dark dark dark days.  

They do have William Nylander in their pool but yea they need to turn Kessel and Phaneuf into at least a couple quality center prospects

Great point.  Also those were dark dark dark days.  

They do have William Nylander in their pool but yea they need to turn Kessel and Phaneuf into at least a couple quality center prospects

I love Nylander as a prospect...but again, he's a winger at the NHL level. I think playing either of them at center would be like when Chicago experimented with Kane there to failure.

I love Nylander as a prospect...but again, he's a winger at the NHL level. I think playing either of them at center would be like when Chicago experimented with Kane there to failure.

hmm definitely something to keep and eye on. Good news is we get to kick their ass and bostons ass for the next decade.

I was really impressed with the value Winnipeg and Columbus got in this draft. 

Winnipeg got an entire line in the first and second, and Columbus drafted beasts in Werenski, Carlson and Bittner

Loved Winnipeg's draft. Columbus did a great job too.

Any chance any other rookies besides McDavid and Eichel play the majority of the season in the pros this year?

Any chance any other rookies besides McDavid and Eichel play the majority of the season in the pros this year?

There's a CHANCE on a few guys: Hanifin, Rantanen and Crouse.

Hanifin could but he seems to really want to head back to BC and make a run at an NCAA championship. Crouse is more likely than Rantanen I think.

Probably Hanifin. I could see Marner, Strome, or Zacha too but I'm not sure how wise that would be.

At this point I don't think we can rule out Boston being dumb enough to play at least one of their guys this year. 

Insulting Boston management is really never going to get old. Stay stupid, my friends! :)