OT - Mother's Day Ideas

Derrico

I am a child of rape. My mother, being Roman Catholic did not believe in abortion. Don't send mom out, don't buy her extravagant or expensive gifts. The greatest gift of all is to spend the day with her. Memories of togetherness both past and present are the key to love, regardless of money spent.

My 2 cents is all.

My mom passed away when I was in my (very) early 20s and I would give every last penny I have away if it meant I'd get to spend one more day with her. It's nice to see you and the others taking advantage of the time you do have together. :thumbsup:

My mom gets upset if we do anything more than flowers for her on Mother's Day so that makes it very easy for me every year. I'm trying to figure out what to do for my wife from the kids. It was her birthday last weekend and I missed it due to taking our son camping, so I need to hit one out of the park for Mother's Day.

I am a child of rape. My mother, being Roman Catholic did not believe in abortion. Don't send mom out, don't buy her extravagant or expensive gifts. The greatest gift of all is to spend the day with her. Memories of togetherness both past and present are the key to love, regardless of money spent.

My 2 cents is all.

While my mother always says she needs a break from us all (three sons still live near her), I'm sure you're right. Especially considering I'll be off to the "real world" soon.

Great post.

Edited by Tankalicious

Every Mothers Day I make a fancy meal for my mother and MIL. And wife too of course. I only buy a gift for my wife. She usually tells me ahead of time what she'll be getting. :bag:

I do the same but get complaints about how I never surprise her.

Usually it's a trip to the spa but can't this year since my wife is due with our 2nd soon. Likely going to be something simple. Still unsure what but have been busy with too many household issues to even think about it.

Like ROC_EMT (condolences, I'm not ashamed to say I miss mom everyday three years later), my mom is gone, but I will tell you guys that as I got older realized that the most valuable thing that we could give each other was time. We stopped buying each other gifts and for awhile I'd go over and work a few days in her garden. Eventually I started buying her a ticket to a Bills game every year. Just her and I. she was a huge sports fan, and I remember rolling into RW stadium and tailgating with her and getting teased by the folks around me about my hot date, but my mom would tell all her friends and truthfully she really enjoyed herself. The last game I took her to before her health failed was the Miami snow game.

What I wouldn't give to do that again.

My mom passed away when I was in my (very) early 20s and I would give every last penny I have away if it meant I'd get to spend one more day with her. It's nice to see you and the others taking advantage of the time you do have together. :thumbsup:

Same here. It's like you wrote a post that could've been mine. Mothers Day is now a sad day for me, with a visit to her grave.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.